The Student Room Group

Are there any girls who have decided they never want to have kids?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
all you women who say you don't want children are just wired WRONG

Or not...! I don't like the idea of childbirth and I don't like babies. Might adopt though

Original post by Bslforever
Just out of interest, do you think you've had the best in life? I know I haven't and i don't know anyone that could generally describe themselves as having "the best in life".

I've definitely done the best with what i've had but i've never had the best in life. Doesn't mean i'm not very much enjoying what I have.

I would say I've had the best in life! Or the best for me anyway
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 41
I'm gonna have 6 babies :smile:
I have felt that way in the past, but then something happened to make me realise that I was being silly and selfish- and that I did want children.
Original post by Holly Hiskey
Or not...!

I would say I've had the best in life!

Really? So every possible opportunity has been open to you and there was absolutely nothing that could have raised your quality of life? You're either deluded or very lucky, in which case i'm happy for you.
Really? So every possible opportunity has been open to you and there was absolutely nothing that could have raised your quality of life? You're either deluded or very lucky, in which case i'm happy for you.

No, as I said "the best for me"- I think I've had all the opportunities that I've needed, and if I was to go back I wouldn't change anything. There might have been things that would have raised my quality of life, but not significantly and since those things have probably influenced my personality I wouldn't change them anyway.
Original post by kat2pult
Yes, I've felt this way for a long time. I'm not a maternal person and I don't tolerate children well. I never get broody looking at children or baby clothes, I'd rather have a career and the independence.

I do worry that whoever I'm with when I'm older may want to have children and leave me because I don't, but I guess it's just a risk I'll have to take.

Pretty much this, although I may change my mind - who knows? At the moment I'm much too selfish to even contemplate having a child.

Children annoy me and babies freak me out.
(edited 13 years ago)
I wouldnt be with someone who didnt want children
Looks like all you ladies are going to miss out on the Lewroll.

EDIT

TSR Logic:

Im a woman, I dont want children- pos rep
Im a man, I want children- neg rep

idiots
(edited 13 years ago)
No, as I said "the best for me"- I think I've had all the opportunities that I've needed, and if I was to go back I wouldn't change anything. There might have been things that would have raised my quality of life, but not significantly and since those things have probably influenced my personality I wouldn't change them anyway.

At no point did you say "the best for me".

If you could have raised your quality of life, then you can't possibly have had the best in life.

It's not really worth arguing over. I just think that there are plenty of people who have come from backgrounds where they certainly haven't had the best in life and have done very well for themselves. In these cases it's definitely not "kinder" or "more responsible" not to have kids if you can't give them the best.
Original post by Anonymous
all you women who say you don't want children are just wired WRONG

lol @ not having the balls to say that without being anon :awesome:

Personally, I do not want children.
Don't get me wrong, I do like (some) children (aka my niece) :biggrin: I had great fun yesterday shopping in the Disney shop for my 17month year old niece and I'm looking forward to playing with her on Xmas day more than anything else.
But I equally like being able to hand her straight back over to her mum when her nappy is wet or starts howling for no apparent reason.

I just haven't got the mothering gene in me :dontknow:

It might change in the future, you never know. But in my case, I severely doubt it.
I'm broody to have children to look after but not to physically HAVE them, I'd much rather adopt a kid that needs it. I don't see the point in having a kid in an overpopulated world when there are kids that need love?
Just out of interest, do you think you've had the best in life? I know I haven't and i don't know anyone that could generally describe themselves as having "the best in life".

I've definitely done the best with what i've had but i've never had the best in life. Doesn't mean i'm not very much enjoying what I have.

My parents have given me a lot in terms of material things but then never quite been there when I've actually needed them. They like to throw it in my face and so they go on about how they gave me the best start in life and I'm so ungrateful......

They are really old fashioned as well. A lot of what they have done for me has been to suit them in terms of keeping up appearances.

So to answer your question, no I don't think I've had the best in life.
(edited 13 years ago)
you're only born to look after children
do your job, hoe
I'm a guy who is inclined towards not having kids.

Right this will sound weird but does anyone else feel kind of guilty for not wanting kids ?

Sort of like if my parents were like this I would never be here :s-smilie: Sounds odd I know but still.

I would say I've had the best in life! Or the best for me anyway

At no point did you say "the best for me".

If you could have raised your quality of life, then you can't possibly have had the best in life.

It's not really worth arguing over. I just think that there are plenty of people who have come from backgrounds where they certainly haven't had the best in life and have done very well for themselves. In these cases it's definitely not "kinder" or "more responsible" not to have kids if you can't give them the best.

It's not worth arguing over but I still stick by what I said- I would consider that I have had the best from life, but then I have a very optimistic outlook and consider things like breaking my back as a "learning curve" (lol) instead of something horrible haha.
As for your point- it's not about giving your kids "the best", as long as they've got the basics and parents who love them they should be ok!
me! I rrreally dislike children. I don't know how to act around them.
Plus there are far too many people in the world already anyway.
Maybe I'll change my mind when I'm like..thirty. But at the minute I'm pretty sure I don't want kids. If I do I should think I'll only have one
It's not worth arguing over but I still stick by what I said- I would consider that I have had the best from life, but then I have a very optimistic outlook and consider things like breaking my back as a "learning curve" (lol) instead of something horrible haha.
As for your point- it's not about giving your kids "the best", as long as they've got the basics and parents who love them they should be ok!

You edited your second post to include "the best for me" after i quoted you... :holmes:

You originally said:

It's better not to bring a child into this world if one knows that child won't have the best in life.

Now you say:

Rather large contradiction. I agree with the bit that you said after you changed your mind and started agreeing with me.
Original post by Ultimate_Geek
Pretty much this, although I may change my mind - who knows? At the moment I'm much too selfish to even contemplate having a child.

Children annoy me and babies freak me out.

I don't get what is selfish about not wanting kids.
I dont want the little crappers. I just know i'll lose my temper when they start crying.
Reply 58
My friend has a savings account purely for the purpose of getting her tubes tied, in case her hormones make her go mad and want kids when she's older.
Original post by babygirl110
I don't get what is selfish about not wanting kids.

No, I mean that if I had a child at the moment, I'd be much too selfish to be a good parent. I want to concentrate on me too much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending