University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by diamonddust
:five:
Hope so! :biggrin:

Should have made Parkwood your first choice, we could have had a TSR party! :tongue:
Ignore me... I'm just jealous I didn't pick Tyler lol

Is your username from the Sondheim musical or the Mozart piece? :tongue:

Edit: Oh why don't other universities have such amazing year abroad options? I don't know what I'm going to do if I get rejected from the two universities I'm waiting for (which are incidentally my first choices!). I actually have a feeling if I get rejected from those two, I'll firm Kent. The course looks *that* amazing! Oh I don't know... I just want all my damn decisions so I can decide already! Is anyone else doing crazy from not knowing? :redface:

Parkwood was my first choice! :rolleyes: Then followed by Tyler, I'll be happy with either!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 321
Received an offer for History of Art (just two B's!) on Friday but have just seen it due to the 'planned maintenance' of UCAS Track this weekend..

I think Kent's going down as my firm; I can't think of any major disadvantages of studying there.. Or minor ones, really! Every other prospective university seems to have a whole load of umms and ahhs and pros and cons about them :rolleyes:
:five:
Hope so! :biggrin:

Should have made Parkwood your first choice, we could have had a TSR party! :tongue:
Ignore me... I'm just jealous I didn't pick Tyler lol

Is your username from the Sondheim musical or the Mozart piece? :tongue:

Edit: Oh why don't other universities have such amazing year abroad options? I don't know what I'm going to do if I get rejected from the two universities I'm waiting for (which are incidentally my first choices!). I actually have a feeling if I get rejected from those two, I'll firm Kent. The course looks *that* amazing! Oh I don't know... I just want all my damn decisions so I can decide already! Is anyone else doing crazy from not knowing? :redface:

A TSR party would be great! Maybe I won't get my first choice and will get Parkwood? Let's all have a party anyway! :tongue:

It's after the Mozart piece, I didn't think anyone would catch on. :biggrin:

One of the reasons I picked Kent was for it's year abroad options, I'm really looking forward to that if I go. :smile:
Reply 323
Got A Conditional For English literature and american literature with creative writing today! My heart stopped! They asked me to obtain Two A's? Just two A's? Well hopefully that can be done.
Good luck the rest of you guys!
Original post by Jen_App
Got A Conditional For English literature and american literature with creative writing today! My heart stopped! They asked me to obtain Two A's? Just two A's? Well hopefully that can be done.
Good luck the rest of you guys!

Yaaay! Offer twin! On the open day I couldn't find anyone else doing creative writing! Good luck!
I decided to go for Tyler Court A with Parkwood as back up :biggrin: Can't believe how expensive the flats haha!
ABC offer to do Maths and Stats:smile:

Will be my back up, though i'm slightly annoyed because on the UCAS website it said they wanted a B in Maths... so now if i mess up my Maths A-level i'm going to be in a bit of trouble :/
AAB history conditional. woot.
Just a note to everyone going for Tyler Court/Parkwood...Eliot and Rutherford aren't that bad. :smile:
Reply 329
business admin right here! ABB but its my 2nd/3rd choice :biggrin:
Reply 330
Yaaay! Offer twin! On the open day I couldn't find anyone else doing creative writing! Good luck!

Wow! I Couldn't find anyone either! Would've Preferred An A And B Grade As A Prediction But I Love A Challenge!
How Was The Open Day?
Reply 331
Still waiting on their decision, I applied for English and French Law (M121) around the 26th of November.
It will probably be my 2nd/3rd choice behind QMUL and Exeter though. But I intend to have Kent as my back-up :smile:
Hiya :smile:

I've just put Kent down as my firm, and Portsmouth as my insurance to study Architecture!!

Just deciding on my accom now!! I'm putting Tyler B&C as my first, Darwin Houses as my second, and havent decided on my third of fourth! I never looked at parkwood because I didn't have a chance on the open day!!!

has anyone here applyed for the Keynes extension accom? i'm temped.. what do you think they mean by a town house?!
Reply 333
Original post by dvtrainis
Just deciding on my accom now!! I'm putting Tyler B&C as my first, Darwin Houses as my second, and havent decided on my third of fourth!

What do you know about Darwin Houses? I can't seem to find much information about them at all :s-smilie:
Original post by saaail
What do you know about Darwin Houses? I can't seem to find much information about them at all :s-smilie:

Aren't they on campus and self-catering? But I think they aren't en-suite like the off campus self-catering. Apparently they're not bad though!
Original post by dvtrainis
Hiya :smile:

I've just put Kent down as my firm, and Portsmouth as my insurance to study Architecture!!

Just deciding on my accom now!! I'm putting Tyler B&C as my first, Darwin Houses as my second, and havent decided on my third of fourth! I never looked at parkwood because I didn't have a chance on the open day!!!

has anyone here applyed for the Keynes extension accom? i'm temped.. what do you think they mean by a town house?!

I did :smile: And Tyler Court B & C is my second :smile:
Reply 336
Original post by MelissaJayne
Aren't they on campus and self-catering? But I think they aren't en-suite like the off campus self-catering. Apparently they're not bad though!

That's all I can seem to find out about them! I'd love to see some photos of the inside.. or even the outside, for that matter :rolleyes:

Have you already applied for your accommodation? If so, which did you choose? Sorry, I can't quite face going back through this now long-winded thread to find your posts ah
Original post by saaail
That's all I can seem to find out about them! I'd love to see some photos of the inside.. or even the outside, for that matter :rolleyes:

Have you already applied for your accommodation? If so, which did you choose? Sorry, I can't quite face going back through this now long-winded thread to find your posts ah

Yeah, I haven't seen pictures either. Unless you visit I suppose it's a bit of a punt! But being such a beautiful campus, fingers crossed it wont be too disasterous in any case! Yh, I applied for Parkwood flats, then tyler court and then Darwin. They don't allow you to apply all en-suite so you have to mix & match a bit. Seeing as it's pretty early, you'll probably get your first though :biggrin:
Reply 338
Original post by MelissaJayne
Seeing as it's pretty early, you'll probably get your first though :biggrin:

I'm going to have to sit my parents down after Christmas to go through all the accommodation options with them.. Honestly, if my Mum could go down to Kent and inspect every room for dust with a cotton swab; she would!

Anyway, here's hoping that I'll still get my first choice accommodation in January. I met a girl a little while back who's in her second year at Kent - she said that she missed the accom. deadline and ended up without a place to stay last year! Apparently she just walked into the Office the first day and said that she was homeless, and they sorted her out a room in a house owned by the university! Don't think I'd ever have the guts to do that aha :redface:
Original post by saaail
I'm going to have to sit my parents down after Christmas to go through all the accommodation options with them.. Honestly, if my Mum could go down to Kent and inspect every room for dust with a cotton swab; she would!

Anyway, here's hoping that I'll still get my first choice accommodation in January. I met a girl a little while back who's in her second year at Kent - she said that she missed the accom. deadline and ended up without a place to stay last year! Apparently she just walked into the Office the first day and said that she was homeless, and they sorted her out a room in a house owned by the university! Don't think I'd ever have the guts to do that aha :redface:

Aha, that sounds a lot like my mum! It'll probably be hard for her to see you leave home then, many tears forecasted for next September! lol. Oh dear, I don't think I'd have the guts either but doesn't sound like she had any other options - that's nice of the Uni to sort her out though, makes you feel a lot safer knowing that.
Would you have to travel far for Kent, where are you from? Whereas with me, being from Essex, it's like next door anyway! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending