The Student Room Group

Giving or Receiving?

Scroll to see replies

Is it bad to say neither? My family really doesn't concentrate so much on gifts, more how we can have a fantastic day together, and enjoy spending the time whilst we can. And my dad's cooking...

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
When I was younger, I loved receiving presents. I got all excited, like.

Now, I prefer giving presents, especially if I've put some thought into them and the person says thanks and stuff.
Reply 22
I identify as versatile.
Reply 23
Original post by spazman21
I'm geussing this is some dry humour... Right? Maybee my sexual mind is reading too much into this.

I sent you a comment weeks ago I told you to change the picture in your profile picture because it makes me feel SICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously it does. Not a pretty sight. AT ALL
Original post by Winter Rain
The title made me think of something else :sexface:

Aaanyhow, umm depends from who. Usually I love watching my parents and younger brother open presents from me the most because they never know what I'm getting them. But over the past few years I love getting presents from my brother because he is equally good now at surprising me. :smile:

No **** sherlock.
Giving :love: I like seeing the receivers face when I know they'll love it.
Original post by markberry91

Blowjobs :wink:
Both! I LOVE presents but I also love picking out really good presents ^-^
Reply 28
Why would I want to give?
Reply 29
misleading title n yh giving is just silly, i love getting things
I sent you a comment weeks ago I told you to change the picture in your profile picture because it makes me feel SICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously it does. Not a pretty sight. AT ALL

So don't look at it then? What's it got to do with you what he has as a profile pic :rolleyes:
Reply 31
I might sound like a cold heartless bastard when I say this but to be honest neither. I don't know what's happening to me this year but all the enthusiasm and the christmas spirit has faded away already.
Reply 32
Original post by CookieDoughLove
So don't look at it then? What's it got to do with you what he has as a profile pic :rolleyes:

Seriously! go and look at spazmans profile picture and you'll get the picture. you'll see my point. then get back to me with your opinion. until then make sure you stop talking crap.

Why would I listen to the biggest douche on TSR?
Reply 34
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
Just from what you said, I want to give it to you right now.

:cracker:

Probably down to the Christmas season. Everyone's in a giving mood. :biggrin:

Spoiler

Seriously! go and look at spazmans profile picture and you'll get the picture. you'll see my point. then get back to me with your opinion. until then make sure you stop talking crap.

What's the problem with him posting a picture of his dad?
Reply 36
Original post by spazman21
Why would I listen to the biggest douche on TSR?

Get the f**k of TSR I dont want you on it anymore!! Seriously I have more friends on here than you say OF IT NOW!!
Original post by Liam 09
Receiving. Free stuff!?
Seriously though the only bit wrong with receiving is how to react in a really gracious manner :P

me too, I don't know how the heck to react when opening presents. I'm not exactly at the age where you go mental because you got an amazing toy, I asked for a printer this year for uni, nothing exciting, and my folks pretty much told me they got me one. I can act neither surprised, or excited, yet I have to somehow act really pleased and grateful for getting something expensive (it would be to my folks anyway). Relatives always get me some sort of rubbish as well, I see them at most once a year and they always get me something crap (except the few who get me lynx sets, get away with not buying deoderant for a few months!)Social situations tend to suck lol.

Would rather get presents overall anyway, I hate buying presents, if people don't tell me what they want then they get vouchers/money if thinking of vouchers is too much effort. But personally I would rather just be given money, so I can buy exactly what I want/pay off my overdraft. But apparently christmas doesn't work that way.

The worst is getting christmas cards. Normally have a rubbish picture/joke, and then To John. Happy christmas. From x. What reaction are you supposed to have for that? Thank you for getting me something useless I will put on a shelf and recycle in 2 weeks time! I don't give a stuff about sentimental value either.
Giving presents, as it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling when I've got it right!
Get the f**k of TSR I dont want you on it anymore!! Seriously I have more friends on here than you say OF IT NOW!!

Wait... did you come onto TSR to make friends?!? HAHAHAAAA. I have no intention of doing that.. I'll stick to my friends in the real world, thanks.

It's fairly evident you've come to TSR to hide from your real world loneliness... Am I right? You act arrogantly and pugnaciously because it's something you can't do in real life... Away from your computer you're just a low-life loner who'se been trampled on for years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending