The Student Room Group

What’s something you know you do differently than most people?

Scroll to see replies

romance :yep:
Reply 201
Original post by MovingOn
Well, as part of my OCD I don't touch door handles in public. I'll use my feet, elbows or at worst gloved hands to manouvere my way around!

this
and am left handed and i love adaptation movies, ie never let me down and shutter island
Reply 202
My flatmates well took the piss out of me when I ate beans "on" toast.

For me, it's beans ASIDE toast, can't stand soggy toast. This is apparently weird.
Original post by J4M1ExIRE
Ta me i mo chonai in ait galanta darb ainm Eire ag an bhomaite agus is brea liom e - I live in a lovely place called Ireland at the minute and i love it

Its my second language btw and i couldn't speak a word before i came to secondary school

:biggrin:

Are their any irish translators on the internet lool ? :colone:
Reply 204
I sellotape my phone to my head during conversations.
Original post by Lewroll
Its probably a regional thing. When i saw people saying it on here i thought it was really strange. Are you in south england? Maybe its a london/south thing to say 'asked' and all the northerners say 'arsed'. Doesnt even make sense, 'cant be asked' makes more sense to me :biggrin:

i'm a northerner and everyone i know says arsed, so think you might be right about the regional thing!
and it does make sense, it's like when people say get your arse in gear; meaning get motivated. i can't be arsed - i can't be bothered. most shoddy attempt at explaining my point ever :redface:
Original post by AnHuman
I sellotape my phone to my head during conversations.

Seriously? :rofl:
prefer odd numbers to even numbers lol
Glad to hear I'm not the only person to use my cutlery the wrong way round :colondollar:
Original post by berryripple
Seriously? :rofl:

lol i thought that as well :biggrin:
Original post by Doyle&TheFourFathers
the way i finger my bass

... Innuendo? :rolleyes:
Reply 211
When I'm eating using my knife, I use my left hand to scrape the food onto the fork, but then when I'm cutting up pieces of food I swap my knife to my right hand
I pronounce "room" as sort of like "rhum".
I live in Yorkshire, so this gets me quite a lot of grief... what's that parable about removing the log from your own accent before you try to remove the splinter from your neighbour's, or something like that? :P
I use chopsticks with my left hand. :rolleyes:
This might sound a bit silly but.. my house is quite old and we don't have a single bathroom upstairs. Instead we have a toilet in one room and a bathroom in the other. The toilet is old school with the cistern and flush quite high up. Ever since I can remember, I have to open the door before I can flush the toilet. I think it may stem from the fact that flushing is loud and I may have been afraid of the noise when I was younger.
Reply 215
I don't go sleep at night, only a couple hours during the evening
Reply 216
Original post by blueray
Are their any irish translators on the internet lool ? :colone:

http://translate.google.co.uk/?hl=en&tab=wT#
I run up the stairs after I turn the light off to prevent a scary man killing me
Bark like a dog whenever the postman comes, just to scare the little bastard.
When I go to public toilets I wait for someone to open the door when exiting :/ So many germs everywhere :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending