The Student Room Group

Rude to admissions member.

I wrote an email to Northampton uni admission team explaining how dissapointed I am with the mistakes they made, how it feels like they dont give a damm. They allready gave me unconditional, can they change it now after reading my email? :frown::s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Oh dear. No they can't if it's officially on Track....but oh dear.
Reply 2
Original post by Ultimate_Geek
Oh dear. No they can't if it's officially on Track....but oh dear.

What? :frown::frown:
You emailed them saying you feel like they don't care about you? Did you tell them you think it would be best if you just be friends?
Reply 4
Why did you send the E-mail knowing you had an unconditional?
Dump her, oh wait.
Original post by Swimmer
What? :frown::frown:

Well, it's not going to give a very good impression, although I can't think of anything that they could really do considering your offer is unconditional. If it was conditional then it could have been much worse.

Funny though.
Reply 7
Did you email them before or after you got the offer?
Reply 8
Can't give you an opinion without seeing the offending evidence to be honest.
Reply 9
Original post by Ultimate_Geek
Well, it's not going to give a very good impression, although I can't think of anything that they could really do considering your offer is unconditional. If it was conditional then it could have been much worse.

Funny though.

It says conditional on the basis that i prove my qualifications they said they will change it to unconditional as soon as i do that.

Im worried now...
Original post by Swimmer
I wrote an email to Northampton uni admission team explaining how dissapointed I am with the mistakes they made, how it feels like they dont give a damm. They allready gave me unconditional, can they change it now after reading my email? :frown::s-smilie:

You are applying for law, they will praise you. :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
why are people saying they cant change it, I had an unsuccesful changed to a conditional, surely it can work the other way round?
Original post by Swimmer
It says conditional on the basis that i prove my qualifications they said they will change it to unconditional as soon as i do that.

Im worried now...

Nah, it'll be fine.
Reply 13
Original post by clad in armour
why are people saying they cant change it, I had an unsuccesful changed to a conditional, surely it can work the other way round?

It can be changed yes, I had unsucessful changed to conditional :biggrin:

Back to my case, I mean i wasnt exactly rude i was just upset. They basically adressed the confirmation letter to my brother (so they got my name wrong), they even managed to mispell my brothers first name and they also got the applicant number wrong...do i have a case or im just pathetic?
Original post by Swimmer

Please tell us how they make you feel like they dont care
Reply 15
Afaik, an unconditional offer is only legally binding (for the University) once you have accepted the offer.
Original post by Swimmer

Back to my case, I mean i wasnt exactly rude i was just upset. They basically adressed the confirmation letter to my brother (so they got my name wrong), they even managed to mispell my brothers first name and they also got the applicant number wrong...do i have a case or im just pathetic?

Did your brother apply too by any chance?
Original post by Swimmer

lol did you even read my post :tongue: I know that you can go from unsuccessful to conditional since I did as well, or are you simply saying me too?
Reply 18
Original post by Swimmer

I doubt they'll change it. But do you really want to piss of people who you'll potentially have to work with for 3 years before you even get there?
Clearly THEY made the mistake.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending