The Student Room Group

Boyfriend going clubbing tomorrow night

we're in a long-distance relationship, but i'm going "home" on boxing day. today he told me he's going clubbing (for the first time) tomorrow night. i asked where, who with. he replied "with girls from work", he's been working in mcdonalds for over a month.
i'm becoming increasingly paranoid about this.. in the past we've had a few issues with what behaviour is appropriate

in general, he's an outgoing type of guy, whereas i tend to prefer a calmer cinema/bar night with friends to the whole clubbing scene

what do you think?
found this http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/631222 and reading upon singles looking to hook up, which makes me even more uncomfortable
:s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

He wants to listen to some music up loud, have a few drinks and get down with his bad self. Chill.
Reply 2
Don't assume something is going to happen straight away, just express your concerns to him and hopefully he'll calm you down, all you can do is trust him really =]
Reply 3
Chillax yo..
Reply 4
Lol expect a break up tomorrow night then, or maybe if there is a minuscule chance nothing will happen and it's just a mundane night out. :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by Soph1990
Don't assume something is going to happen straight away, just express your concerns to him and hopefully he'll calm you down, all you can do is trust him really =]

do you think I should contact him at all tomorrow night or just let him be?
I'm afraid if I mention it he'll blow it out of proportion and just be annoyed

happened before when my concerns were adequately expressed
Go with him if you are that bothered. It's unfair to stop him having a bit of fun though (within reason ofc).
Reply 7
Original post by Crazy Paving
Go with him if you are that bothered. It's unfair to stop him having a bit of fun though (within reason ofc).

only a plane journey and i'm there :wink:
ouchhhh i'd go crazy..i'd be menatl. i won't let him.

BUT it's a long distance relationship so you either trust or end..
thats why i woudn't prefer the long distance type :tongue:

I mean "girls from work"..yakno..
and outgoing..
Original post by Anonymous

only a plane journey and i'm there :wink:

Ah, I see. :beard:

Well skype him or something, do some "stuff" on cam and make sure he masturbates before he goes out. :yep:
Reply 10
do you think I should contact him at all tomorrow night or just let him be?
I'm afraid if I mention it he'll blow it out of proportion and just be annoyed

happened before when my concerns were adequately expressed

Hmm Id say contact him yeah, but only once or else he'll probs get annoyed!
To be honest when my boyfriend ever gets really annoyed when I tell him i'm worried, its usually because he's feeling guilty about something so perhaps in a way thats a good way to tell if you have anything to be worried about or not?
Reply 11

Well skype him or something, do some "stuff" on cam and make sure he masturbates before he goes out. :yep:

Is that what you do for your bf? :sexface:
Reply 12

This. Then he will last longer for the girl he takes home.
Original post by Menakshelatte
ouchhhh i'd go crazy..i'd be menatl. i won't let him.

BUT it's a long distance relationship so you either trust or end..
thats why i woudn't prefer the long distance type :tongue:

and outgoing..

You need to get a grip.

OP, do you trust him or not? chill the **** out.
Reply 14
Original post by Menakshelatte

and outgoing..

this. he was telling me how great his day was, how one customer wrote a recommendation for his positive attitute and something about helping her unwind after a long day at work
then the other day some girl posted on his wall that she's working thursday
he usually finishes at 11 (late shift) but today around midnight (his time) i havent heard from him so i rang him. turns out he did overtime, helped clear up with a girl and a guy afterwards etc etc (first time he's been late)

i know this is paranoid ville :redface:

in general, he's an outgoing type of guy, whereas i tend to prefer a calmer cinema/bar night with friends to the whole clubbing scene

Good thing you're not going then.
Reply 16
I'd say trust him - I go clubbing without my boyfriend a lot (when we're not at uni, cause of diff countries), it doesn't mean im looking to hook up. I chat with friends and dance with my girlfriends.
The guys who I know are taken and are out alone, they drink, dance, have fun, they don't dryhump all the girls they see and flirt.

Trust him, and relax.
Original post by Keoje
Is that what you do for your bf? :sexface:

lol, no. :colonhash:

Original post by RNBen
This. Then he will last longer for the girl he takes home.

Such a terrible attitude. :rolleyes:
Reply 18
By the sounds of it, you two have trust and insecurity issues. Best thing to do is just casually ask him how Boxing Day, you'll be able to tell if he's guilty of anything afterwards more than before.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Converse
Chillax yo..

Id say "Shut the **** up yo" is a better thing for the OP to get.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending