The Student Room Group

Boyfriend going clubbing tomorrow night

Scroll to see replies

Do you not trust him? Has he done anything so that you have a reason not to trust him? If he hasn't then cut him some slack!
Reply 21
Original post by Roo Bix
By the sounds of it, you two have trust and insecurity issues. Best thing to do is just casually ask him how Boxing Day went and see if he's hiding anything.

ok, some history lolz
a year and a half ago he left me, his reasons being he wanted someone closer to home and was envious of his friends who had gfs close by. he also liked someone else by the sounds of it. few weeks later (i think the girl turned him down) he wanted me back.
since then, understandably i've been on edge (along with the fact that my father left us for another woman when i was little..)
few other examples of things i wouldn't do are offering sex as a joke to a girl friend (she got so annoyed she emailed me about it), saying that a girl's breasts have grown to a friend in front of me, posing inappropriately for photos with other girls....
i understand it may be part of his jokey personality, but have some respect
Some people really shouldn't be in relationships.
Reply 23
Original post by JCC-MGS
He wants to listen to some music up loud, have a few drinks and get down with his bad self. Chill.

That might legitimately be what his purpose is before he goes out, but when he's in the club and the 'girls from work' are letting their hair down and there are a load of other girls up for it... one thing leads to another pretty damn easily.

Original post by RNBen
This. Then he will last longer for the girl he takes home.

Lol. True dat. :lol:
Reply 24
Original post by Panda Bear
Some people really shouldn't be in relationships.

if this is aimed at me i completely understand, i'm a complete mess inside:biggrin:
Reply 25
i could say i'm going out tomorrow night too................... baharrr:colone:
Original post by DJkG.1
That might legitimately be what his purpose is before he goes out, but when he's in the club and the 'girls from work' are letting their hair down and there are a load of other girls up for it... one thing leads to another pretty damn easily.
My recent-ex has gone clubbing today so I'd appreciate it if we all stuck to the 'people never do anything remotely sexual in clubs and just go to stand in a circle, talking idly about politics and swaying gently from side to side to the music' idea before my mind starts wandering to the possibilities of what's happening right this second and I end up pouring bleach in my eyes, ta. OP has nothing to worry about. NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT AT ALL
Reply 27
Original post by JCC-MGS
My recent-ex has gone clubbing today so I'd appreciate it if we all stuck to the 'people never do anything remotely sexual in clubs and just go to stand in a circle, talking idly about politics and swaying gently from side to side to the music' idea before my mind starts wandering to the possibilities of what's happening right this second and I end up pouring bleach in my eyes, ta. OP has nothing to worry about. NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT AT ALL

keep me company online tomorrow please?:biggrin:
Reply 28
I would be worried if there is alcohol involved...loads of alcohol
Reply 29
Original post by Anonymous
ok, some history lolz
a year and a half ago he left me, his reasons being he wanted someone closer to home and was envious of his friends who had gfs close by. he also liked someone else by the sounds of it. few weeks later (i think the girl turned him down) he wanted me back.
since then, understandably i've been on edge.

I can understand now where some of your paranoia is coming from. However I've been out plenty of times with my friends who have girlfriends and they sometimes dance back with a girl if they come onto them a little just for fun but they'd never go any further than having some harmless fun.

The problem if you pressure him too much is that he might become more inclined to do it, the same way as you rebel against nagging parents.
Reply 30
ok, some history lolz

You better believe if some lass shoves her gash in his face he's gonna take it.
Reply 31
Original post by F.I
I would be worried if there is alcohol involved...loads of alcohol

you see i don't know if there's alcohol involved, probably is, since there's a bar
but he hasn't got his paycheque through yet, so can't drink too much/buy people drinks
gah
Reply 32
Original post by JCC-MGS

Lol sorry bro!

I love the self-assuring upper-case final sentence. :p:
Reply 33
ok, some history lolz
since then, understandably i've been on edge (along with the fact that my father left us for another woman when i was little..)
few other examples of things i wouldn't do are offering sex as a joke to a girl friend (she got so annoyed she emailed me about it), saying that a girl's breasts have grown to a friend in front of me, posing inappropriately for photos with other girls....
i understand it may be part of his jokey personality, but have some respect

Just by:
he also liked someone else by the sounds of it. few weeks later (i think the girl turned him down) he wanted me back.

What does that say? Obviously, this isn't the full story, but it sounds like he has you wrapped around his little finger. That, and he sounds like a guy that isn't ready to commit, so I am curious as to how a LDR has worked.
I personally wouldn't contact him tomorrow, maybe just a text saying "Hope you had a good night" for after?
Reply 35
I guess it can be really hard being in an LDR... everyone has feelings of jealousy or paranoia every now and then. But try and think rationally. He hasn't done anything to imply that he is unhappy with the relationship, or that something may be going on with anyone else. If he was going to cheat on you, then I doubt he would say to you that he's going out with 'girls from work', he'd at least say people or guys, or maybe not even tell you he's going.

Basically, I'd remind yourself that you're still together in an LDR and that shows he likes you, and try not to worry unless you see some sign such as him lying or acting really funny all of a sudden, or something... basically, don't assume he might cheat just because the opportunities are there. You probably have many opportunities to cheat if you wanted, even though you don't go clubbing, but that's no reason for him to worry that you might, and it works the other way too.

Hope you feel better when you see him, you're probably just missing him and it's worrying you.
xxx
Reply 36
Original post by Roo Bix
Just by:

What does that say? Obviously, this isn't the full story, but it sounds like he has you wrapped around his little finger. That, and he sounds like a guy that isn't ready to commit, so I am curious as to how a LDR has worked.

he did say that he likes someone else, but why he decided to come back is uncertain.. he later said that he realised he made a huge mistake

on the other hand, during that time one of his 'favourite quotes' was a friend saying something along the lines of it not being worth chasing after someone who doesn't like you :confused:

on the whole during the break up he swayed from saying he only saw the point in seeing me once or twice when i'm home, to suggesting that we become friends with benefits (which i promptly declined)

i dunno i overanalyze stuff
Reply 37
Original post by kpwxx
I guess it can be really hard being in an LDR... everyone has feelings of jealousy or paranoia every now and then. But try and think rationally. He hasn't done anything to imply that he is unhappy with the relationship, or that something may be going on with anyone else. If he was going to cheat on you, then I doubt he would say to you that he's going out with 'girls from work', he'd at least say people or guys, or maybe not even tell you he's going.

Basically, I'd remind yourself that you're still together in an LDR and that shows he likes you, and try not to worry unless you see some sign such as him lying or acting really funny all of a sudden, or something... basically, don't assume he might cheat just because the opportunities are there. You probably have many opportunities to cheat if you wanted, even though you don't go clubbing, but that's no reason for him to worry that you might, and it works the other way too.

Hope you feel better when you see him, you're probably just missing him and it's worrying you.
xxx

:hugs: it's hard to tell by text, maybe he was taking the piss saying oooh im going with a load of girls badass
meh
thank you anyway
Reply 38
on the whole during the break up he swayed from saying he only saw the point in seeing me once or twice when i'm home, to suggesting that we become friends with benefits (which i promptly declined)

Come on, OP. What more confirmation do you need to realize he's not as interested in committing to you as you think? The guy does too much to suggest that his attention is on other things.
Reply 39
Original post by Roo Bix
Come on, OP. What more confirmation do you need to realize he's not as interested in committing to you as you think? The guy does too much to suggest that his attention is on other things.

this is sooo messed up.. he said this a year and a half ago
since then he said he wants to marry me :redface: it sounded sincere

i'm not completely fully buying it right now, like they say hope for the best but expect the worst.. i realise stuff happens...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending