The Student Room Group

Are there any girls who have decided they never want to have kids?

Scroll to see replies

I have never wanted children, and honestly don't think I ever will. I'm not a great fan of children and they do not really seem to like me much either. So I really do not want any of my own.
Reply 101
Original post by im so academic
Fair enough, but I beg to differ. But I fail to see how this makes me an inferior human being (or do you not even classify me as human at all?) just because I feel scientific/technological advancement and economic/political prosperity are far more important things compared with the "need to have kids".

I don't believe I said anything about people without kids as being inferior human beings.

I believe my first post was me wondering about how many people will change their minds about what is important in life as they grow older. After all most people on this site are barely in there 20's and haven't even started their lives yet :tongue:
Reply 102
Original post by Lewroll
Yeah i meant settle down.
I dont mind just going out with someone who doesnt want children, but if they want things to get serious, they are going to have to change their mind. Otherwise i am out of there :biggrin:
Original post by Teaddict
To the very specific question of would I want to marry a girl who didn't want children, the honest answer is no I wouldn't. Nothing stops that girl being amazing, but the not wanting children causes a problem long term.

That's exactly how I feel too. I absolutely adore kids and would love to have one or two with a long-term partner. I just can't imagine how dull life past ~40 would be once my parents and other family have died.

Would prefer to have my own kids but if whoever I was with said she would only adopt, I'd do that instead.
Original post by whiplash
Is there something wrong with society if so many girls don't want to have kids? What happens decades down the line when we're still burdening paying for everyone's pensions and we have no new breed of young talent to drive the country forward.

It's no more 'wrong' for women to not want to have children than it is for men. I find it disturbing when people suggest that it is.
Original post by Teaddict
To the very specific question of would I want to marry a girl who didn't want children, the honest answer is no I wouldn't. Nothing stops that girl being amazing, but the not wanting children causes a problem long term.

Fair enough, goodbye. :rolleyes:

Original post by Gavzzz
I don't believe I said anything about people without kids as being inferior human beings.

I believe my first post was me wondering about how many people will change their minds about what is important in life as they grow older. After all most people on this site are barely in there 20's and haven't even started their lives yet :tongue:

Numerous time you've implied that, i.e.

"Do you really want to die alone in old age with really nothing of any worth to show the world that you existed?"
"I agree there are plenty of great achievements made and I wouldn't want to live in the dark ages but to me all the achievements that can be made by me in my lifetime come second to my need to have kids."
Original post by TimD
That's exactly how I feel too. I absolutely adore kids and would love to have one or two with a long-term partner. I just can't imagine how dull life past ~40 would be once my parents and other family have died.

Would prefer to have my own kids but if whoever I was with said she would only adopt, I'd do that instead.

Exactly. Although i'd rather have kids made from my sperm -_-
And i bet that most of these girls that say they dont want kids will prrobably want one when its nearly too late (mid/late 40s). Then they will become desperate and try to get one anyway possible.
I couldnt imagine not having children in the future (and i want to have one before im too old (35) so preferably the woman would have to put her career on hold so she can get me a few babies. :biggrin:
I wouldn't marry a woman who didn't ever want children.
Original post by hannah234
It's no more 'wrong' for women to not want to have children than it is for men. I find it disturbing when people suggest that it is.

I'm saying there's an underlying problem given that one of society's main functions is to facilitate and indeed encourage the formation of relationships and children. I'm sure you can see the bigger picture 50 years down the line. Is it sustainable?
Reply 108

Wow TSR girls are soooo full of ****.

Who wants to make babies with ugly bitches anyways. :colonhash:
Original post by Yawn11
Wow TSR girls are soooo full of ****.

Who wants to make babies with ugly bitches anyways. :colonhash:

We're just being pragmatic.
Reply 110
Original post by babygirl110
We're just being pragmatic.

In other words most of you are talking nonsense.

If you all truely feel that way then go and get sterilized so there's no chance/risk of getting pregnant.
Original post by whiplash
I'm saying there's an underlying problem given that one of society's main functions is to facilitate and indeed encourage the formation of relationships and children. I'm sure you can see the bigger picture 50 years down the line. Is it sustainable?

sorry, i wasn't aiming my comment at you specifically, and i probably shouldn't have quoted you. In response to your point, i think that there will still be enough people having children to sustain society, even if the overall birth rate were to fall slightly.
Original post by Lewroll
I couldnt imagine not having children in the future (and i want to have one before im too old (35) so preferably the woman would have to put her career on hold so she can get me a few babies. :biggrin:

It's just so easy for the guy, isn't it? You just do your shagging and continue your career...

**** that, I'd rather die alone as opposed to putting my career on hold.

Original post by OMGWTFBBQ
I wouldn't marry a woman who didn't ever want children.

Bye then... :dontknow:
I'm never going to get married or have kids.
I'm too much of a heartless bitch for either :h:

Original post by siani-chan
I don't have a maternal instinct for babies or children - just animals. I think I'll be a cat lady. :p:

This sounds wayyyy more up my street :biggrin:

Original post by Converse
Do you talk **** purposely for the neg rep?

Do you? :curious:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Mm_Minty
I'm never going to get married or have kids.
I'm too much of a heartless bitch for either :h:

This sounds wayyyy more up my street :biggrin:

Do you? :curious:

Irrelevant.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

My reasons are really deep. My mum has always gone on about how people who decide not to have children are selfish but then I the reason I don't want to have children is actually because of them. I'm really cold and emotionally unavailable because of the way they brought me up. They have been so cold and emotionally unavailable in brining me up and my mum doesn't know what unconditional love is.

I just fear I would turn out like them if I ever became a parent.

I think they are the selfish ones for having me as a child all because they wanted a cute baby but then when the going got tough when I got older, they couldn't deal with it.

I think they are really hoping to become grandparents one day because they keep looking at my aunts who now have grandchildren with admiration. I don't think I will afford them that opportunity.

I'm really sorry to hear that. :frown: But you might not turn out like that. You may think it now but things change.

my mum had a really really tough childhood and so did my dad. They were beaten up and treated extremely badly etc. my parents are sometimes moody but i know they love me and never want me to have the childhood or feel the way they felt as children. So if that's one of the reasons you're worried about having kids, then don't be. You can be the one in control and you definitely won't turn out like your parents.

my mum says she feels stronger because she has her own family that loves her unconditionally.

also, if your parents are wanting to be grandparents, tell them straight. i don't see my grandparents at all. i was given the choice when i was younger but if they treated my parents that way, i don't really think they should be around children.

anyway, whatever you decide, i hope you feel better and it doesn't even matter that you don't want children. I just felt sad about the reasons why.
Irrelevant.

What does that make your post then?
What does that make your post then?

Relevant.
Relevant.

Not really.
It was rather dickish, like most of your posts I've seen.
And, of course, irrelevant to the topic.

But never mind, we'll be here all day if we carry on like this :rolleyes:
Not really.
It was rather dickish, like most of your posts I've seen.
And, of course, irrelevant to the topic.

But never mind, we'll be here all day if we carry on like this :rolleyes:

I asked her a question. You the ask me the same question. Why would you ask me the same question? Just looking for an argument and then taking the moral high ground when I reply. Grow up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending