The Student Room Group

Obsessed with TSR guy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
WOW is all I can say
Original post by Anonymous
Lol, erm yeah but tbh that actually makes it worse, right?

It is a double-edged sword, as far as I know, because if you have not had, having it would decrease your sexual desire for a while (at least it usually does). On the contrary, if you have had a sexual intercourse, it could help to have even more of it. I am not a medical doctor, but laically, people are experiencing such behaviour when they are sexually aroused or deeply in love (usually adolescent individuals). By a logical presumption, fulfilling or even overfilling the demand leads to a pause in the production process. Well, that has developed into an analogy, but it think that it is clear.

If this is not the problem, I advise you to take some time alone and analyse the situation and possible influencing factors. This is only general advice, but I know hardly anything about you so the best I can do is this and maybe telling you what works for me (not that I have a girlfriend) – well, I am interested in many fields of study and even if this may sound amusing, there are times when my mind is so deeply interested in one topic that I "forget" to eat, sleep and that stuff we all do. This obviously causes trouble because without sleep, there is not enough energy as well as in your case without concentration, there are no results. In cases like this, I find another interesting topic to distract me and then, when the distraction arrives, I suddenly look at the clock suggesting that it is about the time to leave it for a while. I do not know what your interests are, but try doing something enjoyable like playing Uncharted 2 and then move on to revising.

If you want any more advice, write something about your feelings towards him. Do you feel any pressure in your life, especially regarding time? Have you had a relationship that lasted for a short period of time? Do you feel that you need to spend lots of time with your boyfriend because of fear that you may lose him? Do you often imagine you together in situations that you have not experienced yet?

It is quite long, a real psychologist might be a better option. :smile:
Reply 22
OP, you seem intelligent. Can you just accept that distance is undeniably an obstacle, and resume the relationship properly when you are in a position to do so?
Reply 23
Original post by Roo Bix
OP, you seem intelligent. Can you just accept that distance is undeniably an obstacle, and resume the relationship properly when you are in a position to do so?

Distance isn't an obstacle. We live in the same city and can definitely see each other every weekend! What does 'resume the relationship properly' even mean?
Reply 24
I'm 15 and i have the same problem, does this really help?

If you're 15 don't have sex with him/her.

Do a 69 and wait until you're at least 17.
Basically last year, I met this guy off TSR. After a while, we got together but now it's getting to the point where it's ruining my life. Not in a particularly bad way but still.

I can't concentrate on anything, least of all my urgent university revision, because I'm thinking of him. It takes me ages to sleep at night. When I wake up in the morning, I drift off into daydreams meaning that I wake up at least three hours later than planned. Even when I sit on the toilet, I just linger there for up to half an hour because I get carried away. You'd think these were all typical symptoms of a crush but we've actually been together for 10 months already.

I tried overloading myself by staying with him for 16 days in a row. As soon as I left, I wanted to go back again. Just a few hours apart feels like ages!

Clearly, we end up communicating a lot through Facebook, Skype, phonecalls and texts.

Fyi, I'm not one of those typical clingy girls (I'm not usually that interested in guys) and it's not entirely onesided (although obviously I'm a lot lot worse than him).

But I don't want to fail uni because of this, why am I feeling like this and what do I do to distract myself??!

TLDR: Boyfriend is consuming my thoughts, can't revise, what can I do?

Wat.
your just CRAZYLY in love..that is SO cute!
unfortunately you wont be able to concentrate on anything until you get a bit bored or used to him and realise he's just like another guy but you just seem to love him :smile:
look im sorry, it was fun while it lasted but im no longer interested in you. why not tell me in person rather than making a thread about it?
Reply 28
Original post by Life_peer
It is a double-edged sword, as far as I know, because if you have not had, having it would decrease your sexual desire for a while (at least it usually does). On the contrary, if you have had a sexual intercourse, it could help to have even more of it. I am not a medical doctor, but laically, people are experiencing such behaviour when they are sexually aroused or deeply in love (usually adolescent individuals). By a logical presumption, fulfilling or even overfilling the demand leads to a pause in the production process. Well, that has developed into an analogy, but it think that it is clear.

If this is not the problem, I advise you to take some time alone and analyse the situation and possible influencing factors. This is only general advice, but I know hardly anything about you so the best I can do is this and maybe telling you what works for me (not that I have a girlfriend) – well, I am interested in many fields of study and even if this may sound amusing, there are times when my mind is so deeply interested in one topic that I "forget" to eat, sleep and that stuff we all do. This obviously causes trouble because without sleep, there is not enough energy as well as in your case without concentration, there are no results. In cases like this, I find another interesting topic to distract me and then, when the distraction arrives, I suddenly look at the clock suggesting that it is about the time to leave it for a while. I do not know what your interests are, but try doing something enjoyable like playing Uncharted 2 and then move on to revising.

If you want any more advice, write something about your feelings towards him. Do you feel any pressure in your life, especially regarding time? Have you had a relationship that lasted for a short period of time? Do you feel that you need to spend lots of time with your boyfriend because of fear that you may lose him? Do you often imagine you together in situations that you have not experienced yet?

It is quite long, a real psychologist might be a better option. :smile:

You are the man. Thanks for actually writing all that, really.

Well, I mentioned before that we have but that's extremely irrelevant because that's not why I'm thinking of him and I don't think it makes the situation any better or changes anything at all. Basically, I'm not distracting because I want sex!

Funnily enough, I am training to be a medical doctor...this is also why the exams are so important and demanding :mad:

Thank you for your advice about finding another more temporary distraction :smile: I'll try this.

I doubt he'd appreciate me telling him how much I like him - he already knows. Too well.

I do experience time pressures because I'm a disorganised person already. This situation is adding to my standard procrastination issues :tongue:
I don't directly feel like I'm going to lose him or anything. It's simply just because I miss his presence! He just seems to have a big impact on me - I practically get blurred vision and almost faint at times!

I suppose I may have thought of imaginary situations but they're not that far from real life!
Reply 29
Distance isn't an obstacle. We live in the same city and can definitely see each other every weekend! What does 'resume the relationship properly' even mean?

Oh, so it's merely a case that you're.. infatuated? Or maybe it's your first love. And I presumed the problem was that you couldn't have a relationship with him due to wanting to revise :facepalm:
Reply 30
Original post by Drunk Punx
Wat.

At least read post #17!
Why the hell do people meet others off of TSR?
Reply 32
Original post by Menakshelatte
your just CRAZYLY in love..that is SO cute!
unfortunately you wont be able to concentrate on anything until you get a bit bored or used to him and realise he's just like another guy but you just seem to love him :smile:

Lol sweet idea but come on, love doesn't manifest itself in stupidity like this. Love is something completely different, about selflessness and commitment!
Reply 33
Original post by Vazzyb
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

WHERE?!

Not in Oxford lol.

It's a London medical school.
Reply 34
Original post by Roo Bix
Oh, so it's merely a case that you're.. infatuated? Or maybe it's your first love. And I presumed the problem was that you couldn't have a relationship with him due to wanting to revise :facepalm:

Lol, the problem is that I can't stop thinking about him. Which is affecting my daily life. It doesn't help if I see him a lot or talk to him often. On the other hand, not communicating daily is a bit weird for bf/gf, no?
Just wanted to know how not to solely think about him all the time!
Reply 35
Original post by Arekkusu
Wow kinky ****!

Yes, yes, everyone loves a bit of the ol' masturbation. But that's not precisely what I meant in my post.
Reply 36
Original post by tomheppy
Why the hell do people meet others off of TSR?

Sometimes, just sometimes, there are cool people online. Like me.

It might not seem it from this thread but I assure you it's true.
At least read post #17!

Oops. My bad :ahee:

So in the space of... (maths really isn't my strong point) 17 minutes (?) you've gone from "I'm not clingy" to "I know I'm clingy"? Intriguing.

How long into the relationship (you say you've been with him 10 months, correct?) did you start realising that it was affecting you in this way?
Reply 38
Lol, the problem is that I can't stop thinking about him. Which is affecting my daily life. It doesn't help if I see him a lot or talk to him often. On the other hand, not communicating daily is a bit weird for bf/gf, no?
Just wanted to know how not to solely think about him all the time!

You need to be practical and not let your emotions conflict with your responsibilities. Organize yourself to revise, then speak to him on Skype, almost like a daily planner.
Reply 39
Original post by Drunk Punx
Oops. My bad :ahee:

So in the space of... (maths really isn't my strong point) 17 minutes (?) you've gone from "I'm not clingy" to "I know I'm clingy"? Intriguing.

How long into the relationship (you say you've been with him 10 months, correct?) did you start realising that it was affecting you in this way?

Hah, I meant I'm not usually a clingy person but in this situation obviously I could be described as clingy!

Well, I've always thought about him (a lot but within a normal parameter lol) but recently I just can't function. Probably in the last couple of months? I wouldn't be able to go more than 10-15 minutes max without some recollection of him. I'm only posting this now because I'm not in a good position for my exams in less than two weeks which I need to concentrate for!

Quick Reply