The Student Room Group

Being single over Christmas/New Year ....

...... is horrible. This is one of the loneliest times of the year I feel. Not having someone to buy really nice presents for, to be with over Christmas. To kiss at Midnight on New Year. Argh, I really do hate being single sometimes :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i dont have a problem being single at christmas. first off theres no issue with who's family to spend the day with (especially as i have both my mums side and then my dad to see as it is, so both christmas day and boxing day are spoken for already).

i love my family so buy really nice presents for them already - especially my sister as we both spoil each other a bit over christmas because were really close.

i can do what i want at new years (again not having to figure out who to see from our different friends/family) and the not having someone to kiss never bothered me though if i wanted to that badly i have a couple of male friends i could probably arrange that with easily anyway (nothing between us except for friendship but were close ebough that it wouldnt be an issue if we did decide to).

i dont see why people think its a lonely time of year, i have plenty of friends and family so see enough people to not feel alone, and i hate being around people all the time, i like time alone to chill and do my own thing so its honestly never bothered me.
Reply 2
Do you have a mental breakdown on Valentine's day? :colonhash:.
Reply 3
i am also a single person on christmas, but i donot feel it's horrible. i like stay with myself and do something i wanted. or you can with your friends spend Christmas. in any way, do something to make yourself happy. and :merryxmas:
Reply 4
the most horrible thing is watching your friends kiss their gf/bf at new year =(
Reply 5
Last year was the first ever christmas and new year that I had a g/f for (this year the second... same one), and, to be honest, it didn't seem particularly different/special
Original post by dalo
the most horrible thing is watching your friends kiss their gf/bf at new year =(

I love your signature.
Reply 7
Doesn't bother me. I've got friends and my family and that's all I need really :smile: It's probably nice to have someone else to be with, but right now I'm happy with what I've got. Just spend your time with friends and family, doing whatever makes you happy. Merry Christmas :smile:
Reply 8
I suppose it would be nice... :moon:
Well nothings going to change if you sit around moaning to TSR about it, go to a club, find a broad, take her back to your place, show her some Terry Tibbs loving, then loneliness problem solved.
Reply 10
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
I love your signature.

thanks xD
I've always been single at Christmas time, except for 2007, but I was a pretty crap girlfriend anyway :frown:

Anyway, you shouldn't be lonely if you've got friends and family :smile:
Original post by Harpoon
...... is horrible. This is one of the loneliest times of the year I feel. Not having someone to buy really nice presents for, to be with over Christmas. To kiss at Midnight on New Year. Argh, I really do hate being single sometimes :frown:

Go have a good time making yourself feel good in Ozziland then :smile:
Reply 13
bitches aint nothin but tricks n hoes
I was single for 18 years of my life :biggrin: I'm 21 now and it doesn't bother me ugliness is bestowed upon even on the best of us :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by I am 12
bitches aint nothin but tricks n hoes

what are you 12?
Reply 16
The worst is my Girlfriend lives in Ireland and i live in Oztrialia, Its fine during the normal parts of the year as were both in England but during the holidays were both off doing the relative rounds...
Original post by Mr Smurf

Original post by Mr Smurf
Do you have a mental breakdown on Valentine's day? :colonhash:.

He probably does, do you have a mental breakdown when white girls ignore you? :colone:
Reply 18
spend time with family :P u would be surprised how good it feels. great day!
Sure does suck to be you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending