The Student Room Group

Christmas presents!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by thisispuremadness
doesn't really work if your mum's name isn't the name as a soap though..

It still works honestly. It's still lovely fruity soap. Miranda is possibly their best soap in my opinion- I bought a similar one from Lush this year. The Godmother is also a favourite of mine.

You don't have to have a cat called Felix to buy Felix cat food.
(edited 13 years ago)
Bunny Suicides calendar. He has the book and finds it so much funnier than it actually is. :smile:
I put money together with my brother and got our dad The Expendables and Iron Man 2 on dvd and also a new Jeremy Clarkson dvd because he loves those, a new Clarkson book, a Ministry of Sound 2011 Anthems cd and some chocolate. And socks. Because obviously christmas needs socks. :biggrin:
I bought my Dad a new sweatshirt and some danger mouse slippers
My brother got him John Bishop DVD and The ex stig's book
Slipper boots, a necklace and earring set, a couple of cds and some chocolate. Green & Blacks, because it's her favourite. :h:

Edit: for my mum. Because I just noticed that the christmas presents for mum and dad threads have been merged, and I posted about 5 minutes ago on the other thread. :p:
I am SO RELIEVED to have all fo my presents done and sorted now, you'll all be glad to hear!
I bought my girlfriend this £40 cardigan from Miss Selfridge that just got put down to £20. :frown: I bought my dad a Flaming Lips album, At War with the Mystics and my mum some stuff from The Body Shop.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 167
I got my brother ice shot glasses and a £25 iTunes gift card which is inside a puzzle box (Firebox ftw)

I got my mum a mystery box (Firebox again, good stuff in it) and some nice perfume, and I got her husband some aftershave and chilli jellies (yup, Firebox :smile:)
I haven't got everyone's presents yet cause I'm getting paid tomorrow but I work in a store and know what they're all getting! Well the basics anyway... :ninja:

Mum- Handbag
Dad- A jumper
Brother- Inbetweeners box set.

I'll probably add chocolates/ alcohol according to how generous I am feeling. Yes I do realise I'm actually going to die tomorrow! :teehee:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by jess.

Original post by jess.
I'm currently living in China so I sent her a cheap and cheerful head massager off Amazon (she loves her head being massaged) and when I visit home mid January I'll be giving her a Chinese silk scarf and Stephen Fry's first autobiography as her proper present.

Yikes, please tell me it wasn't one of these style ones? http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/assets/product_images/380/11693616679640P.JPG
Reply 170
Original post by Revd. Mike
Yikes, please tell me it wasn't one of these style ones? http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/assets/product_images/380/11693616679640P.JPG

Well... similar, slightly less cheap looking but she loves them and doesn't have one so why not? It's only a novelty gift until I can give her a nice one in person :smile:
Dad - Nike Lunar Rejuven8's, An Idiot Abroad Book and Senheiser Headphones
Mum - Two DVD's, Memory Card and contributed to getting a Lumix G2 with my dad, bro and his girlfriend.
Sister - Where's Wally Book and Puzzle
Brother - Nike High Tops and Chocolates
Little Brother - A X-Box game and Chocolates
Brother's Girlfriend - Necklace
Original post by TheFlyingDutchman
1st edition 1984 book by George Orwell. It cost me $400 and it had to be bought 6 months ago while my uncle was in New York.

It's going to be her christmas and birthday present (Her birthday is New Years eve).

She knows she's getting two presents in one and she will get some flowers and a meal on her actual birthday. She'll get to open it on christmas day in front of her family.

Not sure how much she'll like it but from the yelp/scream that occured between her mother and sister when I told them I'm assuming it will go well :smile:

Adding everyone else's present seeing as the title changed and also because I'm bored and nobody in my house has woken up yet :smile:

Me and my dad went in on a present for my mum. A spa weekend away that's actually 3 days. Also added a handmade voucher that basically says me and my dad will do the housework that weekend :P corny I know.

My brother and I usually get each other something funny but this year he asked me in november to get him a book for uni because he was struggling financially so I did. He's got me what I'm assuming is that massive bottle of Jack Daniels and something else.

Got my dad loads of random Blu-Ray films because he just got a player and when he works nights he likes to watch them during the day.

Got my girlfriends mum and sister sanctuary spa stuff and yes I bought a 3rd in the 3 for 2 offer which I will be using for myself :smile: Oh and I got her dad a golf ball with the number 2 on it seeing as both times we played he lost :wink:

Found out at midnight that one of my girlfriends presents to me was a gorgeous lingerie set that she will wear whenever I request over the next year :wink: see girls who said getting your boyfriend a present was hard ? I'm pretty sure she has also got me a painting judging by the shape of the present. She doesn't like prints so I'm guessing it's expensive :s-smilie: I'd feel bad if her daddy didn't pay for everything.
Reply 173
I've got my dad a Didjeridu its what he wanted apparently and just got my mum a DVD will get her main present in January for her birthday.
Original post by jess.

Original post by jess.
Well... similar, slightly less cheap looking but she loves them and doesn't have one so why not? It's only a novelty gift until I can give her a nice one in person :smile:

The only reason I asked is that those style head massagers are often sold under names like "Orgasmatron" and allegedly give you a sensation akin to having an orgasm. Just feels a little creepy to give a parent a present that does that xD
Reply 175
Original post by Revd. Mike
The only reason I asked is that those style head massagers are often sold under names like "Orgasmatron" and allegedly give you a sensation akin to having an orgasm. Just feels a little creepy to give a parent a present that does that xD

Ha! If only they were akin to having an orgasm. Besides it's not as if I'm sending her a rampant rabbit is it? This one is quite humbly named "head massager", I think I'm safe :P
Original post by TheFlyingDutchman
Adding everyone else's present seeing as the title changed and also because I'm bored and nobody in my house has woken up yet :smile:

Me and my dad went in on a present for my mum. A spa weekend away that's actually 3 days. Also added a handmade voucher that basically says me and my dad will do the housework that weekend :P corny I know.

My brother and I usually get each other something funny but this year he asked me in november to get him a book for uni because he was struggling financially so I did. He's got me what I'm assuming is that massive bottle of Jack Daniels and something else.

Got my dad loads of random Blu-Ray films because he just got a player and when he works nights he likes to watch them during the day.

Got my girlfriends mum and sister sanctuary spa stuff and yes I bought a 3rd in the 3 for 2 offer which I will be using for myself :smile: Oh and I got her dad a golf ball with the number 2 on it seeing as both times we played he lost :wink:

Found out at midnight that one of my girlfriends presents to me was a gorgeous lingerie set that she will wear whenever I request over the next year :wink: see girls who said getting your boyfriend a present was hard ? I'm pretty sure she has also got me a painting judging by the shape of the present. She doesn't like prints so I'm guessing it's expensive :s-smilie: I'd feel bad if her daddy didn't pay for everything.

How many do you have? :curious:
Original post by CookieDoughLove

I would imagine that he missed out an apostrophe, calm down :wink:
Finally the last of my presents has arrived - that was cutting it fine! :rolleyes:

Sorry it was a typo. Meant to say girlfriend's as in the possessive. I only have one girlfriend, all I need :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending