The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Apparently, like if you get hit by a bus and are stuck in hospital until September then supposedly your mock grades are used.
Reply 2
Yes.

What are you planning :curious:
Do I smell a plan brewing then? :holmes:
A headache.
Maybe if you're in a coma and don't come out of it 'till after your actual exams are done...
A classmates appendix had to be taken out the day before his german exam. So they just gave him his predicted grade... I get where they're coming from but his grades in class were so much lower than his predicted grade, and like, its kind of unfair. But then again, it can't really be helped... meh
Reply 7
I d know, it just seems more practical than revising for GCSEs twice.

I was planning to go travelling the world after my mocks.

What has to happen to you? Like apparently at my school when there was a swine flu scare they thought they might call off school, GCSEs etc, and then all the students would have to take their mock marks.
if you abducted by aliens!
Reply 9
A meteor hits your school when your doing your exams
Reply 10
I *wish* they would do that for me :frown: The next 6 months seem utterly pointless... Although OP, please don't actually skive them -that would be silly!
A guy at my school was stuck in a hospital the over side of the country - can't remember what was wrong with him, but he just got his predicted grades or mock grades, he'd also already taken half of his geo and so that mark was just used for the whole GCSE.
Miss it for A levels though and you get a U.
Reply 12
Thanks for the ideas anyway. Things like that are possible, but really unlikely, and i guess i'm just gonna have to suck it up and revise afteralll.....:redface:
Original post by supernova92
A classmates appendix had to be taken out the day before his german exam. So they just gave him his predicted grade... I get where they're coming from but his grades in class were so much lower than his predicted grade, and like, its kind of unfair. But then again, it can't really be helped... meh
The other side of the coin is people like me who never revised for Mocks but did for the actual exam would be completely screwed if I happened to miss an exam. I think I would have dropped 2/3 grades in a lot of subjects.
Reply 14
Wait. GCSE's and revise in the same sentence?

You're doing it wrong.
Reply 15
My friend had glandular fever and then swine flu so he just got his predicted/mock/coursework grades.

He was in bed for a couple of months though so I wouldn't recommend it.
Reply 16
Yeah, maybe i should think positively because i'll have more time to actually do well.
Reply 17
Original post by Keckers
Wait. GCSE's and revise in the same sentence?

You're doing it wrong.

What???
Original post by Fred Ivanovic
The other side of the coin is people like me who never revised for Mocks but did for the actual exam would be completely screwed if I happened to miss an exam. I think I would have dropped 2/3 grades in a lot of subjects.

Yeah I know what you mean
Original post by Tashdokerty
Thanks for the ideas anyway. Things like that are possible, but really unlikely, and i guess i'm just gonna have to suck it up and revise afteralll.....:redface:

What the actual **** its CHRISTMAS. almost JANUARY. You have like 5 months.... :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending