The Student Room Group
Because you're using your stocking as a **** sock instead of for presents.
Reply 2
I don't find it boring.
Christmas is NEVER boring unless you're doing it wrong :biggrin:
Once you've grown up, the "magic" fades a little, and you have to take a bit of time to appreciate it in a different way (ie for seeing family, being happy etc) rather than just getting presents from Santa :-)
Original post by Gemma :)!
Once you've grown up, the "magic" fades a little, and you have to take a bit of time to appreciate it in a different way (ie for seeing family, being happy etc) rather than just getting presents from Santa :-)

Pretty much this
Reply 6
Original post by Gemma :)!

Yeah, I agree. There was a Christmas when I was about 14 when I realised it just wasn't the same anymore and found it a bit of an anti-climax. Since then though, I've really gotten into the whole thing as a season- playing board games with family, putting up the tree, watching films with my little sister, etc. rather than just the presents- and now I enjoy the whole thing just as much as I did when I was younger.
Christmas is not boring, people are!Christmas is a day created by people to commemorate the nativity of Jesus Christ. By thinking of Christmas a boring day, your day starts feeling there is nothing to do. But that is is in your mind. What can make you feel excited? In a regular weekend you go shopping or eating out. In Christmas, 95% of stores are closed. But what makes Christmas exciting is it hsnging out, it is the people around you. You have your love ones next to you. It may be that no relatives could come to visit you or that you decided not to visit anyone, but your wife or husband and kids (if there is some) are right there with you. This is time for creativity. Board games, comedy movies, learning a new language are activities that you could try and would give a cool turn out to your Christmas. Don’t blame Christmas for being boring, Christmas is just a day, like any other day. That is why it falls on a different day each year. It is not always on Mondays. Let’s have fun and make it enjoyable with our beloved ones. That’s the Christmas you all deserve.
i just repped some posts from 2010

fml

:redface:
Original post by Dickson72
Christmas is a day created by people to commemorate the nativity of Jesus Christ.

Nice copypasta.

Is it really right to say Christmas was created to commemorate the J-boy when it was just Christians culturally appropriating the pagan Yuletide?
Original post by the bear
i just repped some posts from 2010

fml

:redface:

Let's hope the OP has got their festive spirit back by now :smile:
Please don't bump old threads, folks! Locking this now :hat2:

Latest