The Student Room Group

Being single over Christmas/New Year ....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by kristinaalovesu
He probably does, do you have a mental breakdown when white girls ignore you? :colone:

I never really get "ignored" :unimpressed:. But I do obviously feel sad because white girls never go for Oriental guys :sad:. But since you're an Oriental girl, you don't really know what that is like do you? Let's face it, there definetely isn't a shortage of guys that like Oriental girls is there? :colonhash:.
(edited 13 years ago)
Being in a relationship at Christmas isn't all it's cracked up to be. One more person to argue with...
Original post by dalo
the most horrible thing is watching your friends kiss their gf/bf at new year =(

Really?
Either my indifference has reached a new level, or you're hella sensitive.

Seriously, why does it hit a nerve at New Year? Why not the rest of the year?
It's only one day after all, so either you feel like that for the other 364/365 days of the year, or you've needlessly zeroed in on New Year... both of which make little sense to me, I must say.
Original post by staticrhubarb
Being in a relationship at Christmas isn't all it's cracked up to be. One more person to argue with...

And buy gifts for that'll soon be forgotten and in a cupboard collecting dust once they break up with you, thus rendering any sentimental value that the gift had at the time it was given redundant.

Bah humbag et al :h:
Reply 24
Original post by Harpoon
...... is horrible. This is one of the loneliest times of the year I feel. Not having someone to buy really nice presents for, to be with over Christmas. To kiss at Midnight on New Year. Argh, I really do hate being single sometimes :frown:

aww bless you man

im 25 and have always been single at this time of year. i suggest buying relaly nice gifts for close family and friends, really thoughtful like. and even small gifts for like old people or homeless, and doing voluntary work. the more love you give, the more love you feel.

and yeah, ebing single new years sucks. BUT you can always go to sleep early and miss it, or go to an awesome party where you wont be the only single.

the only worse thing i cn think of is those poor kids on TSR to see the new year in....
Reply 25
Go to a club, you won't be single for long.
Reply 26
Original post by Mr Smurf
I never really get "ignored" :unimpressed:. But I do obviously feel sad because white girls never go for Oriental guys :sad:. But since you're an Oriental girl, you don't really know what that is like do you? Let's face it, there definetely isn't a shortage of guys that like Oriental girls is there? :colonhash:.

im not a white girl, im latina but i've fancied a few oriental dudes. i think the reason most girls dont go for them is because
- they tend to be reserved and quiet so never hit on girls
-they never ask out any girls
-they are too busy playing WOW to date any girls
- they only talk to other oriental girls
- since they have very different looks compared to other races, i assume they will only fancy orientals more than other races
- they only want to marry orientals
- there is too much cultural difference
- they have a lower drive and smaller wang
Reply 27
Original post by I am 12
bitches aint nothin but tricks n hoes

agreed
Reply 28
Original post by Harpoon
...... is horrible. This is one of the loneliest times of the year I feel. Not having someone to buy really nice presents for, to be with over Christmas. To kiss at Midnight on New Year. Argh, I really do hate being single sometimes :frown:

Its not bad. I am single and I have a lovely traditional family orientated Christmas with grandparents to look forward too.
Christmas is family time really anyway so it shouldn't make much of a difference. And the amount of money I've spent on my flipping boyfriend this year makes me practically impoverished :p: I realise this is probably a patronising response though :mmm:

I've never kissed anybody on new years ever ever and this is my third one in a row in a relationship, totally not fair.
Youjizz + a pack of tissues + COD and your sorted.
Original post by Harpoon

:hugs: Hugs from one singleton to another.

I do agree in one respect; I enjoy having someone to make happy. Sometimes I even managed to surprise my boyfriend with something great...

Also I'm not all that close to my parents, and my brothers both have fiance/ wife, and kids, so I end up being the only one not in a pair.

Oh well, on a more positive note I am much happier now that I don;t have the problems that my ex caused :smile:

Chins up singletons :smile: Have a Merry Christmas! xx
Im happier this year compared to last year when I was in a relationship. No worrying about price ranges, no feeling sad that you're unable to meet up over the holidays when you're living in different places. More time to spend with family - people I've not seen much all year due to being away at university and busy with 4th year.

Plus if I go for a night out Im within my rights to do whatever I want without checking my phone every 5 minutes for texts from the boyfriend.
I'm enjoying having a boyfriend over the christmas period for the first time :biggrin:
Yep single, not to bothered about it there's always next Christmas.
:rolleyes: That kiss at midnight lasts like 5 seconds and is way overrated.

Think of all the money you'll save with not buying presents.

Don't you have a family you can spend Christmas with?

Having a partner isn't everything.
Original post by JoeJBB
Last year was the first ever christmas and new year that I had a g/f for (this year the second... same one), and, to be honest, it didn't seem particularly different/special

This! My ex and I shared at kiss at midnight on new year, and I kinda thought well is that it? Of course I like kissing him, but it felt no different to kissing him any other time of the year :s-smilie:
I've been single every xmas and new years so know no different tbh :dontknow: would be nice to spend it with someone in the future but now am content to spend it with family. It's gets a bit annoying some years when my cousins/friends all have their other halves at all the family gatherings but I just try to ignore the niggling feeling.
Original post by Harpoon

Stop being a fag. This is the first year I've ever had a girlfriend and it's just the same as all the other years. Once you have a girlfriend you can only look but not touch any other girls so enjoy it while it lasts!

Offtopic: war studies sounds well interesting, obviously it's about war but what specifically?
Reply 39
It'll be lonely this Christmas, without you at home

*note to self, turn of the christmas songs*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending