The Student Room Group

Girls: A pill to stop periods/pregnancy until 30

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Psyk
I'd love a pill that stops me needing a crap. I'd even like a pill that stops me needing to eat (but doesn't prevent me from eating if I want). Old sci fi stories said we'd have meals in pill form by now, why don't we?

I wouldnt take a pill that stopped me from crapping/eating/vomiting/sleeping etc. we do these things naturally and for a reason, taking a pill would most likely have side effects.
I apologise if there are any spelling/punctuation mistakes in this post, my maid will be along to fix it shortly.
Reply 21
In a second. I don't plan to have any kids- I plan on adopting- and this would be a nice way of eliminating the risk factor for a while.
1) There are always going to be side effects if you stop your periods for a pro-longed period (no pun intended). Women are meant to ovulate, and your likely to create a load of women who find it difficult to keep weight off, suffer headaches, and become completely infertile after a while.

2) No. I would like the option of becoming pregnant before I'm 30. Whether I'm with someone or not.
Reply 23
Original post by Lewroll
Whats wrong with you people?
Why do humans always want to stop the natural parts of our lives?
I have a pill that stops you needing to take a crap. Do you want one?

Have your period and have a goddam baby before the menapause kicks in.

Nuff said

Are you joking? Haha. Easy enough for you to say.....
Original post by Ladipidoo
I think I want kids before the age of 30, but the idea of stopping periods through a single pill with no side effects is quite :sogood:

This :daydreaming:
If only a pill with no side effects actually existed :sad:
Reply 25
Honestly I'd think such a thing would be a bad idea in that peoples plans with regards to life change. Especially considering it's a permenant decision that would effect you for over a decade.
No I wouldn't take it, because I want a baby in the next couple of years, never mind waiting until I'm 30!
Reply 27
Original post by Psyk
I'd love a pill that stops me needing a crap. I'd even like a pill that stops me needing to eat (but doesn't prevent me from eating if I want). Old sci fi stories said we'd have meals in pill form by now, why don't we?

Because it'd be boring? However full a pill made me I can't help but think that I'd still be unsatisfied, you know :dontknow:...

Do you mean a pill that's like an entire meal (Willy Wonka style) ?
Or just a pill that keeps you full?

I would say that the problem is that whenever you put anything in pill form, people become dependant on it / abuse it.

I've just realised that your question was probably rhetorical :frown: Oh well.
Reply 28
Yes please.
Reply 29
Original post by Lewroll
I wouldnt take a pill that stopped me from crapping/eating/vomiting/sleeping etc. we do these things naturally and for a reason, taking a pill would most likely have side effects.
I apologise if there are any spelling/punctuation mistakes in this post, my maid will be along to fix it shortly.

Well I was assuming there wouldn't be any major side effects. This is all hypothetical anyway.

Original post by Liam_G
Because it'd be boring? However full a pill made me I can't help but think that I'd still be unsatisfied, you know :dontknow:...

Do you mean a pill that's like an entire meal (Willy Wonka style) ?
Or just a pill that keeps you full?

I would say that the problem is that whenever you put anything in pill form, people become dependant on it / abuse it.

I've just realised that your question was probably rhetorical :frown: Oh well.

I was thinking a pill that stops you feeling hungry and has all the nutrients your body needs. I realise that's not really physically possible because you need a certain mass of nutrients that a pill clearly couldn't provide.

If you did feel like going out for a nice meal you could just not take your pill and have the meal instead. That's how I'd use it. I find on an average day I only eat in the evening because I have to. I can't be bothered to cook nice food, I just want something to keep my body going.
IF there were no side effects then hell yeah! I would imagine there would be a secondary side effect of increased risk of breast cancer through no hormone break though. But on a hypothetical basis, then yes I would.
Reply 31
I voted on my female's behalf.... she hates her periods, does NOT want kids until far in the future, etc. She'd see it as a god send.
Reply 32
Thank you for involving us guys with the "I'm a guy" option. :smile:
Original post by Lewroll
Whats wrong with you people?
Why do humans always want to stop the natural parts of our lives?
I have a pill that stops you needing to take a crap. Do you want one?

Have your period and have a goddam baby before the menapause kicks in.

Nuff said

I don't want kids and periods are messy, painful and generally a nuisance. I'd take it.
Original post by Holly Hiskey
I don't want kids and periods are messy, painful and generally a nuisance. I'd take it.

Why dont you want children?
Original post by Lewroll
Why dont you want children?

I don't like them, I don't like the idea of being pregnant, I don't like hospitals and after watching a few episodes of 16 and Pregnant I'm not really into the idea of giving birth or looking after a baby either. I would consider adoption but only if it was an older child and only if I was feeling slightly more maternal by then.
Original post by Holly Hiskey
I don't like them, I don't like the idea of being pregnant, I don't like hospitals and after watching a few episodes of 16 and Pregnant I'm not really into the idea of giving birth or looking after a baby either. I would consider adoption but only if it was an older child and only if I was feeling slightly more maternal by then.

Oh :frown:
So if you became pregnant, would you abort it?
No, I don't know if/when I want kids, I'd at least like to keep my options open.
Original post by Lewroll
Oh :frown:
So if you became pregnant, would you abort it?

I don't know really... probably, but it would depend on the circumtances!
Why, thank you!:colone:

Hold on, i thought you only liked girls, then you tell me you like firemen. Im so confused? How are you going to have a baby if you dont like the men?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending