The Student Room Group

Yes, I've been rejected by...

[decided]
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you're rejected once, what makes you think you'll be accepted next time?

Also it's worth noting that 75% of Oxford students are of British decent; though whether that's truly discriminative is largely unknown. I'm studying at Christ Church at the moment and the majority of students are British.
(edited 13 years ago)
Oooopps, should have done further maths.
Reply 3
If you wrote your application in the same overly dramatic poncy style as you have this post. I'd have told you to **** off too.

Have a good day.
Reply 4
Going to UCL in 2011 will be much cheaper than going to Oxford in 2012. UCL is also rates 4th in the world, if you're into brand names. It's a very very good university, as is Imperial. Some would argue Imperial is better than Oxford for certain courses, not too sure about yours. But I would rule out applying next year. it is your decision ultimately, but I wouldn't face up to those gargantuan fees out of choice.
Obvious troll is obvious.
Reply 6
Just go Imperial
Reply 7
Original post by donuticus
If you wrote your application in the same overly dramatic poncy style as you have this post. I'd have told you to **** off too.

Have a good day.

Legend. That is all.
Reply 8
Imperial has just as good a 'brand name' as Oxford. Or if Oxford is seen as 'better' it's extremely marginal.

What if you don't get in again? You're just raising your hopes up even more only to be bitterly disappointed when you get into another just as excellent university (Imperial), which doesn't make sense.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Just a hint, it's venting not ventilating in regards to expressing your sorrows/general emotions.

Now I'm done being a dick, hard luck. However, it's not the end of the world, and ICL is fantastic for science.
Reply 10
Original post by donuticus

Have a good day.

This. People tend to think that to apply to Oxford, you have to write in such a verbose way; though that's not true. Tutors are looking for candidates who express their train of thought with clarity and who are able to write coherently.
Reply 11
Original post by Bruv
If you're rejected once, what makes you think you'll be accepted next time?

Also it's worth noting that 75% of Oxford students are of British decent; though whether that's truly discriminative is largely unknown. I'm studying at Christ Church at the moment and the majority of students are British.

Also worth noting that 87% of people in the UK are of British descent, and thus are underrepresented at Oxford.
Original post by RabbitCFH
Obvious troll is obvious.

You have my word that I'm not a troll, please refer to my posts history and you'll understand why!
Reply 13
Oxford or Imperial??? hmmm what a critical choice.....
Reply 14
Imperial. Please don't turn down an offer from Imperial. I'm dying to go there!

Edit: if you turned down an offer, do you think they might give me one?
(edited 13 years ago)
Just go to imperial, so so many people would love to have the opportunity you have.
Reply 16
You have some amazing offers. Take one of them.
Reply 17
You do realize that Imperial is a crazy place to be able to say you attended. They have a higher average graduate salary than both Oxford and Cambridge!

At the end of the day, going to Imperial or UCL is an incredible opportunity and would set you up nicely for anything. I cant stand it when people have this "if I dont get into Oxbridge Im not going anywhere" attitude. If you didnt get into Oxford this time, you probably wont get in again...just move on and be happy that you are still going to attend one of the finest universities in the entire world.
Reply 18
You can still get a decent job coming out of a crap Uni like Lincoln. None of it matters to decent employees.
Just go to Imperial or UCL. The fees are rising in 2012 so you will be paying triple for the same course as you will in 2011. Also, you have no guarantee that Oxford or any other uni will offer you a place next year. Imperial has an amazing reputation. Plus you get to live in London. I would think it through before rushing into any kind of decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending