The Student Room Group

Males! - Would you be ok with these presents?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
absolutely - is it bad that i got most excited by the pop tarts?? they're awesome! :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by Anonymous
Just want some feedback, Christmas presents for my boyfriend of 5 months.

T shirt

Book on something he likes

DVD he likes

Poptarts he loves but can't buy in the shops, have to be ordered online

Grow-your-own venus fly trap (I know he'll like that)

Little set of colognes

I know I'm probably fussing over nothing but is this a reasonable present?
Or should I get something more? ARRRGHHH!
Basically asking if you guys were him, would you be satisfied with that present or feel a bit miffed?
(I know you don't know him/what he likes but just in general)

Spent about £45 altogether. Cheers in advance!

/stresshead

A grow your own venus fly trap?! that sounds amazing :smile: i'd be happy with just that. I'd have it out all summer catching flies in the house.. would have so much fun with it :smile:
Original post by Rhiani-ani-on

Original post by Rhiani-ani-on
For a boyfriend of only 5 months I think thats more than enough and if they are things he'll like you can't really go wrong.

If he doesn't manage to match your gift and he buys you something like some flowers he's gona feel baaaddd. aha
Reply 63
Could have just bought him black ops, lol.
Original post by Engineer31
Could have just bought him black ops, lol.

He already has it :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
Just want some feedback, Christmas presents for my boyfriend of 5 months.

T shirt

Book on something he likes

DVD he likes

Poptarts he loves but can't buy in the shops, have to be ordered online

Grow-your-own venus fly trap (I know he'll like that)

Little set of colognes

I know I'm probably fussing over nothing but is this a reasonable present?
Or should I get something more? ARRRGHHH!
Basically asking if you guys were him, would you be satisfied with that present or feel a bit miffed?
(I know you don't know him/what he likes but just in general)

Spent about £45 altogether. Cheers in advance!

/stresshead

T-shirt, yep tis fine as long as it's what I'd like obviously.

Book is fine

DVD..I don't really buy them much tbh and don't like to re-watch things much especially series, so personally only if it was something I hadn't seen before they thought I'd like.

Poptarts, it's an individual thing but the idea of a foodstuff I like (say sweets) which aren't readily available is good.

Venus fly trap is good, although truth be told good luck to him if he manages to get it to grow, they're generally provided with totally unsuitable soil and the seeds can be dead as is.

colognes is fine.

£45 seems fine haha, though it's not so much about the cost, more about how personal the presents are in my opinion.
You can't go wrong with thoughtful presents. I love receiving a present and knowing the person has actually thought about it/bought you something they know you'll like, as opposed to like a random bath set. I mean there's obviously nothing wrong with that either, but it's always nice to know the person has thought about it.
Reply 67
If you're as generous with head he should have a ring soon.
Reply 68
Sounds good to me.

Out of curiosity, what 'colognes' did you get him?
Reply 69
Original post by bex_1_2_1
Yeah I just kept 2 presents from christmas :p:
What have you already bought her? :smile:

An iPad.

Didn't buy it though, I received it as a door prize at a company function I attended. Just recycling a gift :biggrin:

She is under the impression she is getting a £30 frying pan though, because I put that iPad into a box meant for a frying pan :biggrin:

But I know she has always wanted an iPad :smile:
Yup. Why can't someone get me a venus flytrap? :rolleyes:.
Original post by Iorek
An iPad.

Didn't buy it though, I received it as a door prize at a company function I attended. Just recycling a gift :biggrin:

She is under the impression she is getting a £30 frying pan though, because I put that iPad into a box meant for a frying pan :biggrin:

But I know she has always wanted an iPad :smile:

Haha that's a funny idea!
So you haven't actually spent anything? :tongue: Are you going to tell her you won it?
What about some chocolates for her birthday?
Reply 72
Original post by bex_1_2_1
Haha that's a funny idea!
So you haven't actually spent anything? :tongue: Are you going to tell her you won it?
What about some chocolates for her birthday?

I spent £30 to get that frying pan which she thinks is all she is getting :smile: Yes I will tell her it was a prize. I have also put in an iTunes gift card in it so she can help herself to all the apps she wishes.

Anyway I did get her another gift for her birthday, got her nice case for that iPad :biggrin:
Well I bought my bf a jumper/scarf & gloves so yeah you win. That said, I am a practical gift buyer. :smile:
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is it always the Xbox lol? People really need to upgrade.

Upgrade to what? he's got an xbox 360 :dontknow:
Original post by Crazy Paving
You're so tight.

:teehee:

:colonhash:
Original post by Melting Sugar.
Upgrade to what? he's got an xbox 360 :dontknow:

PS3 :colone:
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
PS3 :colone:

Ohhh haha nah he hates those. :wink:

Quick Reply