The Student Room Group

Would you adopt a gay child?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Imperatore
I wouldn't.

If I have a child myself and he/she turns out to be gay, then although it wouldn't particularly make me happy I would accept it and treat them no different (because I'd have no choice, my love for them would outweigh my disappointment).

I'm one of those people who accept homosexuality and treat gays as equals, but I don't actually agree with it...just my opinion. So I wouldn't go out of my way to adopt a gay child.

Apart from the bold part, pretty much this.
Reply 41
Original post by Lewroll
I believe i already answered that question in this thread. I will say it again
I will probably be disappointed, but i will still love them regardless and i will want them to be happy. I will then keep trying to have children until i make a straight one which will produce grandchildren.

:giggle: Seems like the only purpose of your life is to make children and pass on your selfish genes. I love the way you think. :h:
Reply 42
Not knowingly.
Original post by draikzer
Yeah. Those people who can't have children would be disgusted the fact you would even THINK about being disappointed with a child.

There are children who have major disabilities, other issues. Yet their parents love them unconditionally, disappointment is not a word even in their minds.

But you... oh. My child is not good enough, I'm a little disappointed, so we'll keep it but try our best to make a better one. One that will please me.

Just re-read what you're actually typing and see how insulting it would be to someone who can't even have children.

I would be disappoited that I would probably not have grandchildren, not because my child was gay. Am i not allowed to be disappointed?
You actually make me sick. Everyone that does not hold the same opinion as you becomes a bad person. Well thats how it looks. A desire to carry on your genetics is a bad thing according to you.

I never said gay children were inferior. However a gay child wont produce grandchildren, which is something I would like.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by lonely14
:giggle: Seems like the only purpose of your life is to make children and pass on your selfish genes. I love the way you think. :h:

Is it selfish to want to pass on your genes? No it isnt, its a natural desire experienced by everything. Including humans (however some humans dont have these desires).
Yes, one of my main purposes in life is to make children and pass on my genes, whats wrong with that? Or is that not good enough for you, should everyone be like you eh?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 45
I find it very hard to believe the people saying they would, actually would. Given a choice of hundreds upon hundreds of potential children to adopt, you're not going to say to yourself "hey, I'm feeling generous today, I think I'll give one of the gay ones a shot". You'd pick one of the 'normal' (for lack of a better term) ones. In any case, carry on deluding yourselves.
Reply 46
Original post by Lewroll
I would be disappoited that I would probably not have grandchildren, not because my child was gay. Am i not allowed to be disappointed?
You actually make me sick. Everyone that does not hold the same opinion as you becomes a bad person. Well thats how it looks. A desire to carry on your genetics is a bad thing according to you.

I never said gay children were inferior. However a gay child wont produce grandchildren, which is something I would like.

Yeah. Cos gay sperm cannot fertilize an egg.

Gay people can produce children either genetically or by adopting.

But, adopted grandchildren wouldn't be good enough for you, because they don't contain your **** genes.

The fact that you are (wrongly) stating a gay child would probably not give you grandchildren is an implication that to YOU a gay child would be inferior. As it cannot produce you grandchildren. You have no idea whether your child will give you grandchildren. It's not as if a straight child would give you grandchildren automatically...

Cover your homophobia all you like, pretend you're not calling gay children inferior. But you are.
(edited 13 years ago)
Yeah. Cos gay sperm cannot fertilize an egg.

Gay people can produce children either genetically or by adopting.

But, adopted grandchildren wouldn't be good enough for you, because they don't contain your **** genes.

Again, if you would actually read my other posts in this thread, you would see that I said gay people can have children, but it is less likely that they will have their ow child (biologically) then a straight person.

As for my genes, it seems that they are probably better than yours. You seem to be very aggressive, i can have a discussion without swearing or getting angry. It looks like you are still stuck in caveman mode.
Reply 48
Original post by Lewroll
Is it selfish to want to pass on your genes? No it isnt, its a natural desire experienced by everything. Including humans (however some humans dont have these desires).
Yes, one of my main purposes in life is to make children and pass on my genes, whats wrong with that? Or is that not good enough for you, should everyone be like you eh?

What are you trying to say? :hmmm:

You don't even know me.
Reply 49
Original post by Lewroll
Again, if you would actually read my other posts in this thread, you would see that I said gay people can have children, but it is less likely that they will have their ow child (biologically) then a straight person.

As for my genes, it seems that they are probably better than yours. You seem to be very aggressive, i can have a discussion without swearing or getting angry. It looks like you are still stuck in caveman mode.

Yeah, because your ignorance and stupidity makes me angry.

Don't flatter yourself.

The fact that you are (wrongly) stating a gay child would probably not give you grandchildren is an implication that to YOU a gay child would be inferior. As it cannot produce you grandchildren. You have no idea whether your child will give you grandchildren. It's not as if a straight child would give you grandchildren automatically...

Cover your homophobia all you like, pretend you're not calling gay children inferior. But you are.

Oh look, you decided to add on another bit, maybe this will make you seem more intelligent. I will have a read of it.
Well as i said a gay child is less likely to produce offspring than a straight child. I would have thought that was obvious
Not being able to have children does not equal inferior.
You are right, i dont know if my child will produce grandchildren. But hopefully they will, and this would be more likely if they were straight. A gay child could produce offspring, but that is less likely.
Hmm, im homophobic because i want grandchildren. You really are a genius arent you?
Original post by lonely14
What are you trying to say? :hmmm:

You don't even know me.

Is that your response? Seriously?
I asked if everyone should be like you, because you seemed to frown on the idea that someone would want a straight child who would be more likely to have children then a gay child. Is that a bad thing?
Yeah, because your ignorance and stupidity makes me angry.

Don't flatter yourself.

Im ignorant because i want grandchildren? You are a very funny little man, and you also seem very angry. I think your inability to form a rational argument really shows the extent of your intelligence. So i suggest you sort yourself out before insulting others.
Reply 53
Original post by Lewroll
Oh look, you decided to add on another bit, maybe this will make you seem more intelligent. I will have a read of it.
Well as i said a gay child is less likely to produce offspring than a straight child. I would have thought that was obvious
You are right, i dont know if my child will produce grandchildren. But hopefully they will, and this would be more likely if they were straight. A gay child could produce offspring, but that is less likely.
Hmm, im homophobic because i want grandchildren. You really are a genius arent you?

Wow, the fact you're passive aggressive really makes you much less of a Neanderthal.

I never said not having children makes them inferior. YOU are saying this. You are saying you would be disappointed with a gay child because it cannot produce offspring. Or has less chance. Whatever.

The fact you would feel negatively (disappointment is a negative emotion) towards a gay child for not (or being less likely) to yield you grandchildren is a good implication, damn nearly screaming that you feel a gay child would be inferior to a straight one. FOR THIS REASON.

I never said you feel they are inferior point blank. But inferior in some way, is still inferior.
Reply 54
How do you tell if a child is gay ?
I think it would be difficult to tell.
Reply 55
Original post by lewroll
im ignorant because i want grandchildren? You are a very funny little man, and you also seem very angry. I think your inability to form a rational argument really shows the extent of your intelligence. So i suggest you sort yourself out before insulting others.

you aint got no pancake mix.
Reply 56
Original post by Lewroll

Original post by Lewroll
Is that your response? Seriously?
I asked if everyone should be like you, because you seemed to frown on the idea that someone would want a straight child who would be more likely to have children then a gay child. Is that a bad thing?

Original post by Lewroll
Im ignorant because i want grandchildren? You are a very funny little man, and you also seem very angry. I think your inability to form a rational argument really shows the extent of your intelligence. So i suggest you sort yourself out before insulting others.

2 against one and you still won. I'm proud of you son.
Reply 57
Original post by Lewroll

I'm not angry in any way. But thanks Freud, for your insight.

I never said you were ignorant because you want grandchildren... where did I actually say that? Maybe you need to read better...

Your ignorance stems from the fact you state you would be disappointed with a homosexual child, for whatever reason. It's a stupid and narrow minded thing to say... is that all you want children for? Your selfish desire to carry on your genetics?

Children are far more than that. And it seems that, from your response, you would love your child less if it couldn't pass on your genes. (You cannot say you love your child unconditionally if you are disappointed that it was born a certain way)
Reply 58
Original post by shadow99
How do you tell if a child is gay ?
I think it would be difficult to tell.

They come with a sticker.
Wow, the fact you're passive aggressive really makes you much less of a Neanderthal.

I never said not having children makes them inferior. YOU are saying this. You are saying you would be disappointed with a gay child because it cannot produce offspring. Or has less chance. Whatever.

The fact you would feel negatively (disappointment is a negative emotion) towards a gay child for not (or being less likely) to yield you grandchildren is a good implication, damn nearly screaming that you feel a gay child would be inferior to a straight one. FOR THIS REASON.

I never said you feel they are inferior point blank. But inferior in some way, is still inferior.

Passive agressive :biggrin:. Pot...kettle...black, ring any bells?
So in your world, everybody should embrace the fact that their child is gay? Sadly the world does not work like that. Were my child gay, yes i would be quite disappointed, im not going to lie, so would millions of people. Would i be angry at them? No. Would i treat them differently? No. Would i love them the same as i always did? Yes i would.
You seem to think that i should be happy I have a gay child? Why should i be? Because society says i should? As ive said several times before, i would treat a child exactly the same if it were gay or straight. However i would be disappointed and upset if i couldnt have grandchildren. The same way i would be disappointed if my (hypothetical) straight child told me they were infertile.
I'd bet if you ask most parents if they want grandchildren, most of them would say yes. So they would be disappointed if they didnt have grandchildren.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending