The Student Room Group

How do I say this in German?

Scroll to see replies

Es gibt hier sehr gute Ubersetzungen! Ich machte Abiturdeutsch und es war super aber ganz schwer!
Original post by MolecularChrissie
Vielen Dank für die Geburtstagswünsche! Das ist nur eine kurze Nachricht um Euch wissen zu lassen, dass ich versuche einen längeren Danke-Brief zu schreiben. Aber weil ich mein Deutsch schon lange nicht mehr genutzt habe, wird es eine Weile dauern!

Frohe Weihnachten und ein gutes neues Jahr! :smile:

BTW: most replies here have quite a lot of mistakes in them (some don't even make sense...!)

Phew - finally a response that makes proper sense to me! I just read through all of the responses, and was on the brink of declaring my understanding of German dead - good to know that my separation from the German language was only partly to blame :P When I have rep to give, it shall be headed your way! ^__^
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by NothingCrushesUs
Phew - finally a response that makes proper sense to me! I just read through all of the responses, and was on the brink of declaring my understanding of German dead - good to know that my separation from the German language was only partly to blame :P When I have rep to give, it shall be headed your way! ^__^

It makes sense because I'm a native speaker :biggrin: Now imagine how I felt when I read some of the replies...! :eek:
It makes sense because I'm a native speaker :biggrin: Now imagine how I felt when I read some of the replies...! :eek:

Some weren't that bad I didn't think. Others on the other hand...
Original post by hannah_dru

yours was very good :smile:

Just for the record, you were competing with MolecularChrissie for first place :P
Ich habe mein Handy verloren
yours was very good :smile:

NothingCrushesUs
Just for the record, you were competing with MolecularChrissie for first place :P

Didn't just mean mine but thanks :smile:
Reply 28
Vielen Dank für die Geburtstagswünsche! Dies ist nur eine kurze Nachricht zu sagen, dass ich versuche, schreiben Sie eine längere Nachricht danke, aber es nimmt mich eine Weile, wie es wurde viel zu lange, seit ich zuletzt benutzt mein Deutsch.

Frohe Weihnachten und ein glückliches neues Jahr!
Brialliant :biggrin: I can't do a German accent in English but my mum is always making up fake translations or speaking in Denglish.

Haha love it! I love people like you who can accept a little banter on here, rather than the uptight GOONS.
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
Haha love it! I love people like you who can accept a little banter on here, rather than the uptight GOONS.

:biggrin: Banter is great and I like a laugh on here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending