The Student Room Group

dissertation data

30hours? is that tooo much..i am going to observe two classes 15 hours each...is it too much? over a three week period. I have the time so it's okay on my behalf. can someone give me some advice please? i can't get through to any of my lecturers
Reply 1
Original post by G_S
30hours? is that tooo much..i am going to observe two classes 15 hours each...is it too much? over a three week period. I have the time so it's okay on my behalf. can someone give me some advice please? i can't get through to any of my lecturers

What data are you trying to collect?
Reply 2
Get as much as you think will be required. It's about finding stuff out and having sufficient data to support this.
Reply 3
Original post by Ice_Queen
What data are you trying to collect?

thanks for your reply..
I have actually finally got through to my supervisor..its just 4 hours of contact with have a week..and emails don't get replied to..I get angry and make a big deal..I know its masters and it should be self-study but should'nt we be getting more than four hours :confused:
Reply 4
Original post by G_S
thanks for your reply..
I have actually finally got through to my supervisor..its just 4 hours of contact with have a week..and emails don't get replied to..I get angry and make a big deal..I know its masters and it should be self-study but should'nt we be getting more than four hours :confused:

Four hours!?!?!?!?! Lucky as hell! I VERY much doubt I'll get that. Why do you need so much contact time?

That said, my e-mails generally get a reply.
Reply 5
Original post by Ice_Queen
Four hours!?!?!?!?! Lucky as hell! I VERY much doubt I'll get that. Why do you need so much contact time?

That said, my e-mails generally get a reply.

sorry when I mean 4 hours of contact time I actually meant 4 hours of lecture where we can't really share our ideas because our lecturer has another lecture after and so there is no time....
Reply 6
Original post by G_S
sorry when I mean 4 hours of contact time I actually meant 4 hours of lecture where we can't really share our ideas because our lecturer has another lecture after and so there is no time....

Aren't your lecturers accessible outside of lectures?

Ours have drop-in (or 'surgery') hours where we can just go in and ask questions, and we can make appointments outside that time as well. Have you tried doing that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending