The Student Room Group

What do I do about this?

Scroll to see replies

So basically you've been trying to convince her that exes CAN be friends, and in the process have proved that exes CANNOT be friends?
Original post by impressionist89
In a strange, FRUSTRATING way, I do. She talks to me like ****, but yet I keep talking to her.

She's obviously really not good for you, my advice is to cut all ties :dontknow: x
Original post by Danielle89
So basically you've been trying to convince her that exes CAN be friends, and in the process have proved that exes CANNOT be friends?

Basically, I have no ****ing idea what is going on. If I did, I wouldn't be posting on here.
Reply 23
Yeah but then she'd probably never talk to me again.

Why do you think it will help you if she talks to you? She doesn't want to be friends, so **** her. In all honesty, if she broke up with you and thinks that there is no use making the effort anymore, she's not worth it and you need to get over her, and you will if you just cut her out of your life.

I've become friends with my ex who broke up with me a couple of months ago, he's bothered to try to talk to me. Some people can't do it, like a guy I know who's so messed up over his break up he can't speak to his ex at all without spiralling into a deeper depression. She should care enough to listen to what you want from her, not the other way round.

I'd say stop contacting her and probably delete her off facebook, she's probably enoying it deep down because she KNOWS you're not over her and she's got you wrapped around her little finger.
Reply 24
Original post by Consilio Et Animis
Make the most of it. E.g. Print off her pictures and w4nk off to them.

LOL
Legend.
Original post by awais590
LOL
Legend.

extremely cruel and insensitive
Original post by Jessaay!
Why do you think it will help you if she talks to you? She doesn't want to be friends, so **** her. In all honesty, if she broke up with you and thinks that there is no use making the effort anymore, she's not worth it and you need to get over her, and you will if you just cut her out of your life.

I've become friends with my ex who broke up with me a couple of months ago, he's bothered to try to talk to me. Some people can't do it, like a guy I know who's so messed up over his break up he can't speak to his ex at all without spiralling into a deeper depression. She should care enough to listen to what you want from her, not the other way round.

I'd say stop contacting her and probably delete her off facebook, she's probably enoying it deep down because she KNOWS you're not over her and she's got you wrapped around her little finger.

Don't you think the best solution to this is to find someone else?
Reply 27

Well... of course, I don't think I said anything to the contrary...
Original post by Jessaay!
Well... of course, I don't think I said anything to the contrary...

No, like go out with the intention of finding someone else? Because I think I really don't want her in my life as a girlfriend, but I'm not over her. I just probably feel that there is no one who will love me like she did which is why I'm hanging on to her.

Was she the first person you dated?
break-ups get easier after the first one.

p.s. I'm still single :colone:
Original post by Anonymous
Was she the first person you dated?
break-ups get easier after the first one.

p.s. I'm still single :colone:

Lol it would be easier if you told me your name :P. On a serious note, yes she was the first person I dated. And I am 20 years old, so she was my girlfriend at 18. Basically, what I'm trying to say is I had to wait a while, which makes this all the more harder to get over.
Lol it would be easier if you told me your name :P. On a serious note, yes she was the first person I dated. And I am 20 years old, so she was my girlfriend at 18. Basically, what I'm trying to say is I had to wait a while, which makes this all the more harder to get over.

OooooOOOoOoO I'm 18 :colone:

Haha sorry for the lame sense of humour!

Yep my first (and only) breakup was like hell for me as well. I cried with inhuman abandon on sooo many occasions, I cried like someone had DIED it was that thundrous. I ruined my exams as well, but thankfully I've managed to pick it up in the second year of my A Levels and I've been accepted to a really really good University. TIME is the best remedy. But honestly, you need to realise your worth and up your self esteem. That's what I did. I've gone from being my ex boyfriend's weak little pussycat, to the "sexy girl next door".
anyone else?
Reply 33
I presume you're quite young OP, it's jumping the gun to say you'll never find someone who'll love you the same. Especially considering she seems immature. I imagine you deserve much better.

Original post by Limbic System
TIME is the best remedy. Honest!

EDIT: Oh how nice, I've blown my cover :/

Oh look, oopsie, you blew your cover oh so accidentally! Oh, how inconvenient :fan:

Smoooooooth.
Reply 34
You've got 3 options each with it's pro's and cons.

1. You delete her - Pro: This'll stop you looking at her wall and obsessing over her.
Con: If she finds out that you deleted her then she'll lose some respect for you

2. You don't delete her - Pro: You maintain your dignitiy.
Con: You'll obsess about her for another month or so

3. You leave facebook forever - Pro: You leave facebook forever.
Con: You leave facebook forever.
Original post by Roxas13
You've got 3 options each with it's pro's and cons.

1. You delete her - Pro: This'll stop you looking at her wall and obsessing over her.
Con: If she finds out that you deleted her then she'll lose some respect for you

2. You don't delete her - Pro: You maintain your dignitiy.
Con: You'll obsess about her for another month or so

3. You leave facebook forever - Pro: You leave facebook forever.
Con: You leave facebook forever.

Love the logical approach. :tongue:

How is leaving facebook forever a con? It's exam season, that would be a blessing.
just delete her? you're gaining nothing from being friends with her and, no offence, but from what you've been saying it sounds like she's pretty indifferent towards you so who cares if she 'loses respect' for you? you don't seem to have any foundation with her anyway so what is there to lose?

no doubt if you delete her you'll realise, like someone said before, she isn't the centre of the universe. not speaking from experience or that but i can almost guarantee you'll feel a lot better if you do.

chin up!

:smile:
I'm asking Santa for a woman who loves me! :biggrin:
I'm asking Santa for a woman who loves me! :biggrin:

if i get a woman who loves me for christmas, we could do that online thing where you swap unwanted presents? only if you get something gid though, sims 3 or summat.
Original post by pauline_lg
if i get a woman who loves me for christmas, we could do that online thing where you swap unwanted presents? only if you get something gid though, sims 3 or summat.

haha sure :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending