The Student Room Group

C1 simply question but can't be sure of answer..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BieberFan
I said that there was nothing wrong with asking questions why. My problem occurs when he's struggling with such simple concepts. They will not expect him to be struggling with C1 or C2. Can you imagine what would happen at an interview (if he even got one)? It would be the most awkward thing for him to go through since those questions are very tough. Do you seriously think that anyone who struggles with C1/C2 at this stage of the AS year can cope with the Oxford admissions test or STEP in a under a year/by the summer of the year after next? I thought not.

And what would you know about the Oxbridge maths application process? You didn't even BOTHER to apply!
I'm perfectly fine with that but when you go to talk about Oxbridge maths, I find that it is insulting to anyone who has studied there in the past. There's almost nothing to understand in C1 AT ALL. You couldn't answer most of the questions you've posted, which are extremely basic.

All I'm saying is that you should not get your hopes up about oxbridge. I didn't apply to Oxbridge for maths because I knew I wasn't good enough. I found C1-C4 VERY straight forward. Did not need any help at all. You're struggling with C1 and C2 more than I struggled with STEP III ffs.

Maths isn't for you by the looks of things. Apply for something else and come down to Earth before you make a massive mistake.

What did you get in the SMC, that'll settle it. If you didn't get at least 75 marks then you do not have the right to argue against what I have said.

nice one, keyboard warrior.

EDIT: I bagged your mum last night, even though you said it was impossible. :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)

All I'm saying is that you should not get your hopes up about oxbridge.

You made your point, I think you should leave it at that. :P
A lot of people would rather try than not - whether or not you agree with this is a separate matter - there's no need to push your point further.

Original post by Dededex
You think I'm struggling as a result of a few questions? I'm not at your level yet anyway of course this stuff is easy.

Don't bother fighting for your case with this guy - it's obvious he/she/it won't change their mind. Just stick to the ambitions you have and work towards your goals.
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm perfectly fine with that but when you go to talk about Oxbridge maths, I find that it is insulting to anyone who has studied there in the past. There's almost nothing to understand in C1 AT ALL. You couldn't answer most of the questions you've posted, which are extremely basic.

All I'm saying is that you should not get your hopes up about oxbridge. I didn't apply to Oxbridge for maths because I knew I wasn't good enough. I found C1-C4 VERY straight forward. Did not need any help at all. You're struggling with C1 and C2 more than I struggled with STEP III ffs.

Maths isn't for you by the looks of things. Apply for something else and come down to Earth before you make a massive mistake.

What did you get in the SMC, that'll settle it. If you didn't get at least 75 marks then you do not have the right to argue against what I have said.

75 is pretty crap though, you only need to get half the paper right, there were Year 11's in my school who got higher than that
Reply 24
Original post by dnumberwang
75 is pretty crap though, you only need to get half the paper right, there were Year 11's in my school who got higher than that

Exactly my point. That's why I was asking him what he got... :facepalm:
Reply 25
Original post by Dededex
You think I'm struggling as a result of a few questions? I'm not at your level yet anyway of course this stuff is easy.

It was easy back then too... That's the point I'm making.
Exactly my point. That's why I was asking him what he got... :facepalm:

So what uni are you at now?
Reply 27
Original post by Chelle-belle
You made your point, I think you should leave it at that. :P
A lot of people would rather try than not - whether or not you agree with this is a separate matter - there's no need to push your point further.

I guess you're right. The thing is, no one has the guts to say anything on this forum. That's why I'm speaking the truth. People obviously don't like hearing the truth.
Reply 28
Original post by electriic_ink
So what uni are you at now?

I'm on a gap year but I have a place at Imperial for deferred entry.
Yourself?
Also, what are you? His mother or something? Let the boy speak for himself.
(edited 13 years ago)
Yourself?

Oh - I was kinda hoping you'd be somewhere **** :p:

I'm at Warwick.
Reply 30

lol shut up you pretentious pseudo intellectual retard. The crap your spewing to the kid is such *******s.
(edited 13 years ago)

Yes, sir.
Yourself?

what are you? I'm a human being
Reply 33
Original post by electriic_ink
Oh - I was kinda hoping you'd be somewhere **** :p:

I'm at Warwick.

Do you actually think that I would be making this point if I wasn't going somewhere half decent? :p:
Why are you feeding the troll, people? :erm: :facepalm2:
Reply 35
Original post by Farhan.Hanif93

You know as well as I do that I'm speaking sense. :rolleyes:
Do you actually think that I would be making this point if I wasn't going somewhere half decent? :p:

You'd be surprised. Most people who post like trolls on TSR do tend to be a bit retarded.
factorise that shizzle!
This isn't Edexcel, right?
Reply 39
Original post by Farhan.Hanif93

Tis the season :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest