The Student Room Group

PLease help ucas problem

hi basically i just realised that ive sent of an old version of my personal statement and completed my ucas application.

i need to edit my personal statement desperately what can i do.
i completed ucas just before i broke up from college for xmas and i know its been sent to uni's because ive received emails from them saying there processing my application.

please helpppp
I don't think there's anything you can do now. I'm sure it'll be fine.
(edited 13 years ago)
i doubt theres much you can do. especially at this time of year. in a couple of days you could always try calling UCAS. thats probably the only way you can possibly fix it
Reply 3
I would say email the universities directly explaining, and attach your other personal statement :smile:
Reply 4
could i make another ucas account?
Definitely email the universities directly, explaining the situation and asking if they'll let you send a different personal statement. It's probably a good idea to ask your referee to confirm this error so it doesn't just look like you're trying to fit more info. about yourself onto your application.
A
pparently once UCAS has been sent it becomes 'sealed' and cannot be amended. However, I'm sure I've heard something about a '14-day window' in which your app. can be amended.
Original post by dyal
hi basically i just realised that ive sent of an old version of my personal statement and completed my ucas application.

i need to edit my personal statement desperately what can i do.
i completed ucas just before i broke up from college for xmas and i know its been sent to uni's because ive received emails from them saying there processing my application.

please helpppp

I have a sinking feeling that it isn't possible :s-smilie: The UCAS page:

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/offers/makingchanges

doesn't appear to have the option. I would email or phone UCAS as soon as you can and ask them to get a definitive answer either way.

I hope it all works out for you :redface:
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
I have a sinking feeling that it isn't possible :s-smilie: The UCAS page:

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/offers/makingchanges

doesn't appear to have the option. I would email or phone UCAS as soon as you can and ask them to get a definitive answer either way.

I hope it all works out for you :redface:

There are lots of things that aren't on the UCAS page that we know. :wink:

However, in this case, they are comprehensive. Unless the unis will accept a version by e-mail, there is no way to change the PS.
Reply 8
Just be aware that UCAS' phone lines are closed until 4th Jan - So don't bother ringing them in the next week!

Yes, I'd suggest you ring UCAS and the unis...
Reply 9
Original post by Ultimate_Geek
Definitely email the universities directly, explaining the situation and asking if they'll let you send a different personal statement. It's probably a good idea to ask your referee to confirm this error so it doesn't just look like you're trying to fit more info. about yourself onto your application.
A
pparently once UCAS has been sent it becomes 'sealed' and cannot be amended. However, I'm sure I've heard something about a '14-day window' in which your app. can be amended.

This. Except that the 14-day windows is for changing choices; once your application has been sent to UCAS there's no amending your statement. Since both the UCAS and universities have closed for Christmas, there's also no point in trying to contact them now. Spend the next week working on your new statement and then get in touch with the universities.

Creating a new UCAS account is pointless. "You are allowed to send us only one application in each year's application cycle. If you send a second application, it will be cancelled and you will not receive a refund."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending