The Student Room Group

How can I enhance my child's intelligence?

from the 'toddler' stage - book? music?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Keep it away from the microwave :dontknow:
Reply 2

It usually occurs through natural stimulation.

Infants mature quickly but at very different rates.

I'm guessing you're gonna be one of those controlling parents. Couldn't even wait for it to be in school? Disgusting. :colonhash:
Take out their brain and replace it with the brain of someone like Stephen Hawking.
Reply 4
Original post by her

Teach him to read then tell him to read like whenever you see a sign or something. Make sure he asks questions about things he doesn't understand.
Reply 5
Start with differential equations this year.
Reply 6
Brainwashing :colone:
Reply 7
Mozart is traditional I believe.
Reply 8
Bang their head against the wall.
Reply 9
make sure the child is healthy as this would make him/her a more confident person overall which benefits his education.

peaceful classical music is a must, it would sway his personality so he avoids the wrong crowds when he gets into primary/ secondary education. I would strongly recommend: Michael Giacchino - Parting words.

Lastly, try to teach him/her about maths without actually telling them i.e. playing around with toy bricks, 2 bricks and 1 brick = 3 bricks etc. And make sure you speak very good English around your child, that way he can learn to copy your speaking style (which is pretty much inevitable).

But DON'T control his/her life. Rub it in slowly
(edited 13 years ago)
My mum used to read to me a lot and encourage me to read. my reading age is well above average and i feel i can understand and learn easily,

perhaps not related but without blowing my own trumpet i did pretty well out of it.
Reply 11
Original post by cybergrad

no, teach it some fractal geometry :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Yawn11
It usually occurs through natural stimulation.

Infants mature quickly but at very different rates.

I'm guessing you're gonna be one of those controlling parents. Couldn't even wait for it to be in school? Disgusting. :colonhash:

Oh whatever! :rolleyes:

Original post by cybergrad

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool :P
Original post by her

If it's gonads develop into testes then feed it on almonds./Daily
:cool:
(edited 13 years ago)
Milk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIlJw5h_eNc

Because healthy babies are happy babies....and smart :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by ilyking
make sure the child is healthy as this would make him/her a more confident person overall which benefits his education.

Peaceful classical music is a must, it would sway his personality so he avoids the wrong crowds when he gets into primary/ secondary education. I would strongly recommend: Michael giacchino - parting words.

Lastly, try to teach him/her about maths without actually telling them i.e. Playing around with toy bricks, 2 bricks and 1 brick = 3 bricks etc. And make sure you speak very good english around your child, that way he can learn to copy you (which is pretty much inevitable).

brilliant advice!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 16
By not asking a bunch of teenage students on an internet forum how to make your kid smart.
Reply 17
Play them Bach - or was that in the womb? maybe it's already too late.

In my entirely inexperienced opinion it's good to not discourage them from asking lots of questions and to answer them as well as you can... I'm pretty sure my intellectual curiosity (such as it is) is down to my dad patiently dealing with a barrage of questions about how the world works when I was that age and a bit older.

Attainment is IMO mostly down to work anyway - so encourage them to always try their best whatever they do and reward them for effort.

easy for childless me to say I'm sure.
Reply 18
Just generally stimulate their brain by asking lots of questions, discussing lots of things and encouraging them to read?

Just remember cos you have a clever kid, doesn't mean you'll have a clever adult. I actually think its better to teach more self restraint and motivation etc, I was a bright kid but I've never been motivated thus never managed to get the grades I was capable of achieving.
Reply 19
Original post by Linzikins
Why can't you just be happy with your child and teach him/her how you would naturally without pressure. Urghh reminds me of those beauty pageant mums.

Why must you assume such foolish things? :rolleyes:

Quick Reply