The Student Room Group

Feel like my birthday is already ruined

Okay, I am well aware of how pathetic this is, especially to be dwelling on it on christmas day but I'm actually really annoyed!
It's my birthday in a few days and I thought that for once I would go out and go clubbing with my friends on my birthday instead of just doing something small. It was meant to be just me and my girlfriends but then my boyfriend said that he wanted to come too. I thought it would be great, get lots of people together and have a nice time.
But he's just being such a dick for some reason. I want to get ready and stay at my friends house instead of going home with him which is apparently a big issue because he wont be able to share a taxi home with anyone.
He's quite possessive and intense and whereas I would bottle up any issues I had so as not to ruin someones birthday he isn't like that, he's ruined a couple of my birthdays in the past and I can't help but feel that history is going to repeat itself.
We had a massive argument today about him coming out with me and now i just feel so crap about my birthday before it's even happened. I just don't think it's fair, I'm now dreading it completely which is not how you should feel about your birthday. I don't know what to do... am I right to be overreacting?
Reply 1
What she said ^
Plus, I aint an expert or anything, but, when your man starts having 'bitch-fits' ... it's time to let him go...
Make him a drink a few hours before and disolve sleeping pills in to it, then that way he doesn't have to come.
There's always next year...
ditch him, have a good birthday and merry christmas
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.
wtf does he not realise it your bday! tell him c u later
maybe he just wants to bang you 24/7 as your present :confused:
Reply 8

Any girl that rants about her BF on here = TSR saying dump him. Silly nerds.

He could easily make a thread fromhis POV and make her look like a drama queen.
If you can't see that this is a dumpable offence, then you are beyond help
If he is possessive and controlling then you need to both talk about this, otherwise this relationship is going to end in tatters and both of you being destroyed. You should be allowed a night out with your friends. If talking to him fails to get him to change, then you are better off without him.
Reply 11
Original post by Consilio Et Animis

Original post by Consilio Et Animis
Make him a drink a few hours before and disolve sleeping pills in to it, then that way he doesn't have to come.

That is an incredibly bad idea, and a great way to find yourself on the wrong side of the law, especially if he doesn't wake up.

As for the OP, why exactly is this fellow your partner? Do you actually like him and enjoy his company?
Original post by Anonymous
Okay, I am well aware of how pathetic this is, especially to be dwelling on it on christmas day but I'm actually really annoyed!
It's my birthday in a few days and I thought that for once I would go out and go clubbing with my friends on my birthday instead of just doing something small. It was meant to be just me and my girlfriends but then my boyfriend said that he wanted to come too. I thought it would be great, get lots of people together and have a nice time.
But he's just being such a dick for some reason. I want to get ready and stay at my friends house instead of going home with him which is apparently a big issue because he wont be able to share a taxi home with anyone.
He's quite possessive and intense and whereas I would bottle up any issues I had so as not to ruin someones birthday he isn't like that, he's ruined a couple of my birthdays in the past and I can't help but feel that history is going to repeat itself.
We had a massive argument today about him coming out with me and now i just feel so crap about my birthday before it's even happened. I just don't think it's fair, I'm now dreading it completely which is not how you should feel about your birthday. I don't know what to do... am I right to be overreacting?

Why are you so stupid? :angry:Why girls when in relationship aren't able to see when something needs to be finished right in the moment rather than keeping a ****ing cover of political correctness?:mad: LEAVE THAT :colondollar:ER AND ENJOY THE ****ING BIRTHDAY!!! ISN'T IT THE BEST SOLUTION??:smile: It is.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Dude Where's My Username
If you can't see that this is a dumpable offence, then you are beyond help

+1
Reply 14

To be honest, it seems like either he's planned something for you and wants to keep it a surprise until you get to his - or he just wants to have sex, or both? But you should know what it's like so you'd obvs know which is more likely.

Why don't you just tell him you'll spend your birthday with your mates and then rather than him getting involved, you can spend a day with him another day celebrating your birthday. If he gets all bitchy about it, just tell him you'd rather spend a whole day just you and him - it'll make things more special. It doesn't really matter what day you celebrate but it's as long as you do? I've done it and it works wonders - saves you from inviting your friends who don't like each other so everyone has a good time.

But if he rants and raves and doesn't want to do what you want on your birthday, well is he really worth it? Just tell him how you feel and what he's doing - and how it's annoying you. If he doesn't listen or accept it then he's being very selfish really.

You will only be treated the way you let yourself be treated. Keep that in mind :P

Good luck :smile:

So essentially you're mad at your boyfriend for wanting to spend the night with you on your birthday?
Reply 16
He sounds like a d-bag who doesn't want to miss out on one single night of poonani
Reply 17
Standard TSR reply slap him then dump him :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending