The Student Room Group

Work....

So I'm working full-time and in about 7 months I'll be a manager, I'm only 16 and all the managers are literally in there twenties earlier a base salary of 60K per year, I don't see the point of uni, all this education + debt + no gauruntee of a job at the end, and if you do get a job...it will only pay tops 25K per year for first year grads...

I'm going to have so much money by the time I'm 18, and for those who don't believe me Ican give you information

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Uni will give you more options in later life and it's an opportunity to study a subject you enjoy but I guess it's not for everyone. If you would rather work and it's going well for you then don't apply to university.
Original post by skyhigh!
Uni will give you more options in later life and it's an opportunity to study a subject you enjoy but I guess it's not for everyone. If you would rather work and it's going well for you then don't apply to university.

Yeah I don't want to be learning for another 6 years tbh, have a nasty debt, and no gauruntee of a job. Let alone being able to study hard enough to get even a 2:1 it's waste of time, even if I was earning 10K per year for that 6 years, I'm gunna be @ 60K while uni student will be -21K
Reply 3
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
Yeah I don't want to be learning for another 6 years tbh, have a nasty debt, and no gauruntee of a job. Let alone being able to study hard enough to get even a 2:1 it's waste of time, even if I was earning 10K per year for that 6 years, I'm gunna be @ 60K while uni student will be -21K

Why are you talking BS?
But unis fun :ahee:
Reply 5
Original post by SPMS
Why are you talking BS?

He's not. God, you're such a ****. You're one of those people who seem to think that going to university is the most important thing in life. You do realise that you can be successful and well-paid without a degree? Why don't you stop talking BS for a moment and realise that you can get ahead without a degree. ****.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by HEDM22
He's not. God, you're such a ****. You're one of those people who seem to think that not going to university is the most important thing in life. You do realise that you can be successful and well-paid without a degree. Why don't you stop talking BS for a moment and realise that you can get ahead without a degree. ****.

Least I can make sense in a argument.
Also university is useful, how would we have doctors etc.
Second LSE economics students would laugh at how much he is on. Tell them university isn't worth it.
Original post by SPMS
Why are you talking BS?

SPMS - Remember me please, write down my username on something, just remember me. In like 8 months I'm going to come back to you, and we'll see who's bull****ting. Right now I have no evidence, but in 8 months Iwill.
Reply 8
SPMS - Remember me please, write down my username on something, just remember me. In like 8 months I'm going to come back to you, and we'll see who's bull****ting. Right now I have no evidence, but in 8 months Iwill.

Why 8 months lol?
Reply 9
Original post by SPMS
Second LSE economics students would laugh at how much he is on. Tell them university isn't worth it.

That sentence was a typo. I changed it after I made the mistake.

Not everybody wants to go to LSE and be surrounded by awkward, socially-inept workaholics. Not everybody wants to study economics. Not everybody wants to work in economics. Not everybody is motivated by money. Tell yourself to stop being so narrow-minded.

Such a ****.
Sure, you can be sucessful and well paid without a degree. Although, you're not really helping anyone.

All major discoveries have been found by people who have attended uni.

I'd rather help the human race than be rich.
Original post by SPMS

Out of 100%

How many of these " LSE seconds economics students " make up that 100%????
Original post by Repressor
Sure, you can be sucessful and well paid without a degree. Although, you're not really helping anyone.

All major discoveries have been found by people who have attended uni.

I'd rather help the human race than be rich.

TBH I'd rather just be rich, so I can help my family, I dnt give a **** about the human race, survival of the fittest
Reply 13
TBH I'd rather just be rich, so I can help my family, I dnt give a **** about the human race, survival of the fittest

Tell me one person who has got rich having a job? (except bankers)
Reply 14
Original post by PerigeeApogee
3) Uni only doesn't guarantee you a job if you do a crap degree, attend a crap university, or leave with a poor degree classification.

While I generally question the whole point of the OP for this thread etc, I can't help but pull you up on this. Show me the guarantee of a job you have just by avoiding the stipulations above? :rolleyes:
Original post by PerigeeApogee
1) University isn't just about getting a job, it's about education.
2) You talk as if not going to university guarantees you a job - it doesn't.
3) Uni only doesn't guarantee you a job if you do a crap degree, attend a crap university, or leave with a poor degree classification. As somebody leaving a russel group university with a first class degree in engineering, I won't have any trouble
4) University gives you options. If your particular industry goes to pot for whatever reason, and you don't have a degree, then you'll have a hard time fitting into another role. Getting a degree diversifies you, meaning you have a pretty solid safety net regardless of what happens.
5) Life isn't all about the money. University is enjoyable, and a 20-50k graduate job which you love is far more rewarding that a 60-100k job which is likely to be dull and mindless.

I'm educated as it is, I don't need to go to uni to lose my virginity or get drunk. It can't go to pot, top celebrities use our company to promote their products, so it's basically self-employed, its completely up to me how much I want to earn each day
Reply 16
There is more to life than earning money, trouble is, once a person like you has worked out what it is its too late to enjoy what you've just learnt. Before you think about a job, house, car and other such formalities you'd be best going travelling, going to uni, trying as many different experiences as possible. It'll open your eyes more than you would ever believe.

Money satisfies the physical, experiences satisfy the soul.
Original post by SPMS
Tell me one person who has got rich having a job? (except bankers)

Marketing managers, who get a base salary of 60K for the first year + commision earned by sales reps. I was a sales rep and we sell about 10 sets of the product each day, there's about 17 of us that go out and sell.

Each product sells for £20

25% goes to sales rep 25% goes to manager and 50% goes to head office

so that £5 £5 and £10

The manager gets 25% of everyones sales. so 10*20 = £200 so 25% = £50

So from 1 person manager gets £50

there's about 17 people

so £50 * 17 = £850 PER DAY !

Lets say its a bad day and sales reps only sell like 2 sets which never happens we always sell minimum of 10...

2*20 = 40 25% =£5

£5 * 17 = £85 per dayy !!!!

+ the base salary of 60K

Y ouseriously don't know how this kind of business works
Reply 18
Ermmm the rich don't have to go to work you dick.
60K a year is not rich.
In other posts you say you go to sixth form, and that you are 16.
I think you are just too thick to go to uni tbh.
Curly Haired Dude is right but only if he's really really good. There are a lot of people who go for sales jobs and earn bugger all. If he is a natural sales person then there's no other sensible option for him really he should go for it, its like being a natural footballer, why go to uni if you can play for Man U?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending