The Student Room Group

Racist People!

Lemme get straight to the point.

Today I was driving and looked in my mirror and saw two (white male) drivers in the back car signalling hand movements at me.

So I looked, and he was pulling his belt as to say "your belt isn't on". When I was clearly wearing one, so I pulled my belt out and signalled I was wearing one. His friend sitting next to him then stuck his head out of the window saying "you ain't wearing a f*****g belt". They KNEW I was wearing a belt as I had a conversation (through the mirror) with them for a good 5 minutes.

They then carried on to follow my car, and when they found it too much of a hassle they went the direction they were supposed to.

I'm an Asian by the way. I didn't know this sort of racism still existed, I had a few friends in my car aswell who wear the headscarf. I think if I was alone, they would have followed me..

I don't know why this has affected me quite a bit, maybe it's me being weak, cause in my whole life I have never been abused racially.

I don;t even know what i'm asking, i'm just really upset at the moment, and didn't feel safe in my own car??

Scroll to see replies

I don't really get the belt thing, but I hate racist people :frown: sorry dude x
Reply 2
:erm: This does not make sense.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
I'm not attacking you or anything, but can you explain where the racism is in that?
Reply 4
i bet they were the police
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
I'm confused.

Is the belt thing because you're Asian so they were suggesting you should know karate or something. Like Jackie Chan? I'm not being racist...I'm just trying to make sense of your post. Sorry if I offended you, you're free to do as much or as little martial arts as you like.
(edited 13 years ago)
They don't have to say something racist to be racist. OP presumes that the two white guys were harrassing him because he is Asian and unfortunately, he is probably right about that.
this is not racism. this is bigotry, as shown by bigoted idiots. mountain out of a molehill.
So you're looking for racism in something that doesn't really signify racism at all? That kind of attitude actually seeks to fuel racism in my view.
Maybe they made a genuine mistake are you sure they were actually being racist?
You had a conversation with them through the mirror for a good 5 minutes.

Keep your eyes on the road next time.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
there are always people who dont mind their own business.
but maybe u r a bit paranoid.
get on with it.
Reply 12
yeah i hate racists... once i was buying something from the newsagents and i only had a tenner and the guy behind the counter was like 'yo don't you have anything smaller?' RACIST.

no but seriously, i don't see why the passenger guy had to get all aggressive about it and start swearing, meh, i don't even get the belt thing. the mind boggles. maybe they damaged a vital speech area in their brains and meant to say something else instead of belt. strange..
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 13
How is not wearing a seat belt related to racism? :unsure:

Don't feel bad, OP. They were some ignorant prats (chavs). :h:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 14
You talked to them while driving for 5 minutes?
Reply 15
There was some still traffic, obviously due to it being xmas Eve, and like someone said you don't have to say something racist to be racist.

I don't understand why he couldn't shut up and get on with his own business, and why did the other one swear?

And I know i'm being hypocritical here. But if I was a white girl driving, they would NEVER do that.
YOU are the racist one OP. Just because they were two white guys it doesn't mean they were doing it because of your ethnicity. Not all whites are racist.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous

You think that's bad!? Someone tried to run me over. This happened in Somerset where it's a really white town.
Reply 18
So you're trying to tell us you're a retard?
Reply 19
Original post by JCC-MGS
They don't have to say something racist to be racist. OP presumes that the two white guys were harrassing him because he is Asian and unfortunately, he is probably right about that.

To assume that is de facto racist.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending