The Student Room Group

Are you aware on how much your bf/gf earns?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
After we broke up he told me and I was like daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamnn...take me back??? ;p
When i was with my ex, yes we know everything about each other.
Shared bank accounts, passwords, and when it comes to money we have this saying 'your money is my money and my money is your money'.
We pretty much know everything about each other because were living together and we don't like keeping secrets.
We even have plans just in case he get fired or i get fired from my work.
my bf earns millions of pounds a year, then again he is a famous film actor so thats expected i guess
he doesn't know im his gf and we've never met, but he will figure it out that i'm the one for him eventually :moon:
Original post by Iorek
Do you reckon then that it would be an issue when you finish uni and you have a high paying job? :biggrin:

I doubt it. I wouldnt not be with them just due to them not earning a lot of money or something. I dont really feel it matters :smile:
Yes cos we do the same job! We do different hours but we know what hours each other does and we usually just mention when we get paid...

Don't think it's that weird, I know what my friends earn... I mean I don't really remember tbh but I have talked about it with people a fair lot...
yes, yes and no
Reply 26
After reading some of the replies here am starting to feel bad. :frown:

I keep my income and assets a closely guarded secret from my gf even though we live together. In fact she is under the impression we are renting the place we live in. Bank accounts, mobiles, laptops are strictly off limits to her and I keep my drawer in our bedroom locked with the keys always with me.

She is still in uni and works part time when there is work. Sometimes feel bad when she attempts to pay "rent" or shares the expenses.
Reply 27
He's a professor, I'm a student. :colondollar:

No, it's not important! I don't love him for his money at all.
Reply 28
Original post by Iorek

I keep my income and assets a closely guarded secret from my gf even though we live together. In fact she is under the impression we are renting the place we live in. Bank accounts, mobiles, laptops are strictly off limits to her and I keep my drawer in our bedroom locked with the keys always with me.

She is still in uni and works part time when there is work. Sometimes feel bad when she attempts to pay "rent" or shares the expenses.

That's probably the best way to do it to be honest.
The moment your income gets high enough, it's a very serious issue.
Original post by Iorek

LOL does she have no idea what you do for a living? I'mma have to do that when I start making ****loads of money :smug:. And when I find a girlfriend :erm:
Reply 31
All I know is that its more than what I earn. Shes also older than me so its to be expected since I only recently graduated and work at just above minimum wage. We have a similar disposable income, since I have no mortgage and she does, I just rent my place. Its not even something I've thought about until I read this topic nor do I care in the least what she earns, only what I earn, we dont live together and probably never will.

I have the easiest job in the world, so I'm comfortable with the income.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by Iorek

Bloody hell. How long have you guys been together? Is this a serious relationship that can lead somewhere?

I'd be incredibly upset if I found out the place my boyfriend and I were jointly renting was actually his property!! And all the secrets with things... How untrusting are you?!
Reply 33
Original post by asdfg0987
LOL does she have no idea what you do for a living? I'mma have to do that when I start making ****loads of money :smug:. And when I find a girlfriend :erm:

She knows where I work, she drives me to and from work almost everyday. She knows the nature of the work I do, but doesn't know the exact position I hold.

She has absolutely no clue as to the investments I do for myself.

Original post by Meh.
Bloody hell. How long have you guys been together? Is this a serious relationship that can lead somewhere?

I'd be incredibly upset if I found out the place my boyfriend and I were jointly renting was actually his property!! And all the secrets with things... How untrusting are you?!

Will be 16 months tomorrow.... Been living together since July, though not a planned move in. We both have the same idea as to where this is leading to.... therefore it is a serious relationship.

Untrusting? I trust her...... but it does not mean I want to share everything with her. Not yet at least.
He had/has a part time job which pays a LOT at his University. I don't know how much, but it's a lot.
The government in Canada also give him random money due to issues to do with his parents, even though he's 23 and hasn't lived with either of his parents for 5 years... wtf... they have more money than they know what to do with over there, apparently. Not that I'm jealous or anything.

:dry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending