The Student Room Group

Define the term 'Slag'

Someone was telling me about a girl recently, calling her a slag, because she'd had sex with loads of different people. But actually thinking about it, I'm not sure having sex with different people is actually a 'slaggish' thing to do.

So this is my question. What is a 'slag'?

This is my opinion:

I used to think, well it's a girl who has sex often with different partners. But thinking about it, I don't think that's right. Couldn't having careless sex just be fun more than slaggy? What's the difference between having sex with different partners and just one partner? There are probably more strong couples having sex than one-night standers. That's not being a slag though, that's love.

Prostitutes have sex with lots of different partners, and it's generanlly not by job: it's because they're forced to, either they've been trafficked (sp?) or they just don't have enough to money to live (or fuel drug addiction). I wouldn't define them as slags, that's just bad work.

Why are men not classed as slags? It's the same thing, they're just not girls. Why are they studs, and girls slags?

Slags apparently wear reavealing clothes. But, especially from people at my school who are the name callers, most people wear reavealing clothes on nights out.

Young pregnant girls are also classed as slags, but it doesn't matter how many times you have sex to get pregnant. If you don't use contraception on your first time, you can be pregnant from the first time. Just because it's more obvious they have sex doesn't mean they have it more than any other person.

Tell me your thoughts...all above is just opinion, I'm interested in yours :-)

Merry Christmas!

Scroll to see replies

It's a pretty sexist term, due to there being no male equivalent. What else is there to say? :dontknow:
Reply 2
Urban Dictionary http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=slag :

"An individual who cares not for relationships beyond the realm of the sexual, these people sleep with many partners not caring about anything save for the moment of climax."

"Usually used in reference to a lady who has a revolving door to her bedroom. Though less common, 'slag' may also be applied to males who spread their seed too thinly and on bad soil."

"a woman who has her legs so wide apart she makes the channel tunnel look insignficant"
Slag is what girls that can't get laid say to put down girls that can.
Reply 4
Please refrain from spamming; this thread is barely D&D-worthy as it is.
Reply 5
A girl who doesn't care if they are raped
Reply 6
Guys, I think a lot of you might be missing the point (which is slightly more thought-provoking than has been made out so far). The OP is refuting possible definitions, showing that they imply people are "slags" whom we would not normally consider to be. Is he right to do so? Try to keep this line of thinking in mind.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
I call everyone a slag.

Equality, man.
Reply 8
Original post by Dinodance

Why are men not classed as slags? It's the same thing, they're just not girls. Why are they studs, and girls slags?

For efficiency, I'm in b4 crappy lock and key analogy which doesn't even make sense yet is used everytime without fail this discussion is brought up. :angry:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
This the thing about TSR. Aot of people on this site thing that guys get called studs and what not for having sex with anything that moves, thats not true. There are loads of people who look down on these guys the same way they look down on girls that sleep with anything.
It means to insult someone.

Like 'dont slag my mum, its not her fault shes a nutter'

'He slagged her off and she started crying'

My dad slagged off my driving so i'm going to stab him'

Etc
Reply 11
isn't it something that comes out of the blast furnace :colondollar:
Original post by Addzter
It's a pretty sexist term, due to there being no male equivalent. What else is there to say? :dontknow:

Really? I would say pimp or player is pretty close. The only difference is that the male equivalent tends to earn you a pat on the back from your male friends whereas a female would be considered unclean.
Reply 13
Original post by draikzer
I call everyone a slag.

Equality, man.

U R A LEGEND! :biggrin:

Original post by SuperGuy
Urban Dictionary http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=slag :

"An individual who cares not for relationships beyond the realm of the sexual, these people sleep with many partners not caring about anything save for the moment of climax."

"Usually used in reference to a lady who has a revolving door to her bedroom. Though less common, 'slag' may also be applied to males who spread their seed too thinly and on bad soil."

"a woman who has her legs so wide apart she makes the channel tunnel look insignficant"

OK the first one is correct. Lol the second one's joke, haha!

Original post by frogout

yes, you're actually right. that is the proper meaning. it's like the waste from the blast furnace :smile:
Reply 14

A bitch that's the local bike - everyone has had a ride :sexface:
Original post by Genocidal
Really? I would say pimp or player is pretty close. The only difference is that the male equivalent tends to earn you a pat on the back from your male friends whereas a female would be considered unclean.

Exactly, so they're not equivalents.
Reply 16
Any girl from Newcastle.
Original post by lovely_me
For efficiency, I'm in b4 crappy lock and key analogy which doesn't even make sense yet is used everytime without fail this discussion is brought up. :angry:

Key = Male bit
Lock = Female bit

It makes sense even if you don't agree with it. :wink:
Original post by Shortarse1
Key = Male bit
Lock = Female bit

It makes sense even if you don't agree with it. :wink:

Erm yes, fanks for the helpful information but it still doesn't make sense.

Why is it bad for a female to have lots of sex?
Why is it good for a man to have lots of sex?
Original post by frogout

:yy:

Latest

Trending

Trending