The Student Room Group

WHY ON EARTH do you aim so high in your studies?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Genocidal
Work hard now and it will pay off in terms of money and a career later. :smile:

not necessarily.

especially if you're doing something like Media at Thames Valley.
Reply 21
because what i study interests me. That's why I'm learning.
Reply 22
I aim for high marks in my studies because when I get a well deserved grade it makes me feel incredibly happy, plus I like studying and finding out new things you didn't know before.
Reply 23
wooooooow! great responses!
Because its good. :h:
Uni is pointless
Reply 26
money
good life
good friends
have something to do in your spare time.
simples.
Original post by i.student
money -
good life -
good friends -
have something to do in your spare time.
simples.

money - 21K starting salary plus a debt? When I'm nearly earning that at 16, and will soon be getting a promotion, rioooghhht.
good life - Have that already
good friends - Have those
have something to do in your spare time. - Have that
Reply 28
It's not about the grades, it's not really about the money or anything. I don't care about the products of success. I just want to prove to myself that I tried the hardest at everything I wanted to, despite any hardships that may arise. It's a means by which humans can express character-excellence as it involves determination, passion, overcoming obstacles etc.

So it's not about what you study, where you study, it's about giving your all in every situation you face.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 29
One good reason is the thirst for knowledge......................the losers usually become cold call salesmen (aka the most hated persons to walk the earth).
(edited 13 years ago)
you want to become rice!
Reply 31
doing well comes very easily to me, it takes only one re-read and i can average first class, so it makes sense that i will aim high to make the best of that academic inclination

next doing well really does help in getting noticed when it comes to job prospects and it does give you an added advantage

and as someone said- MONEY:smile:
Reply 32
I Do It For The Lulz... and for the money XD
Reply 33
I want to make sure I end up doing something I love, and which will keep me financially stable of course.

Plus I like to learn, and I love the student life. The thought of not being a student is depressing.
Reply 34
the inbetweeners, series 3, a trip to warwick.
Social mobility.

I don't want to struggle for money when I'm older.

Not that I'm poor or anything, just my parents are decidedly at the bottom end of the wage scale. I'd like the chance to earn a 'middle-class' living for myself and future family.
Reply 36
People aim high to to aim for better jobs with better pay and better partners.

Aiming high shouldn't be about your studies. It should be a way of life.

Although I didn't aim high in education, Practical knowledge and connections get you to the money and girls much quicker and in better style.
Reply 37
My dad's Asian and recently I had to have a blood test.

Turns out my blood type is B positive, my dad told me come back when I got an A.
Reply 38
I do it for me, not for recognition or acceptance. I want to test my personal limits, both physically and mentally. If I haven't pushed myself to the absolute maximum then I can never be happy.
Original post by Liam_G
:lies:

lol :biggrin:

Quick Reply