The Student Room Group

Christmas presents!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ellakrystina
Aha, I hope I do too! What have you been doing since completing your degree? :smile:

Not a lot tbh. I was on the wagon looking for a new job until I came down very poorly, with a suspected virus I caught whilst in the States during the summer. So I've been battling that for 7wks, more or less become house bound because I'm too tired to do anything. So hopefully in the new year I'll start to get better and can continue the job search.
Original post by DancinBallerina
Not a lot tbh. I was on the wagon looking for a new job until I came down very poorly, with a suspected virus I caught whilst in the States during the summer. So I've been battling that for 7wks, more or less become house bound because I'm too tired to do anything. So hopefully in the new year I'll start to get better and can continue the job search.

Oh I'm sorry to hear about that, it must be crap! Just take this time as a long deserved break from everything :smile:
A really ugly necklace from my Gran. My mum was with her when she was looking at it and told her I wouldn't like it yet she still got it. I'll probably wear it to be nice but it's not my style at all. A fleece blanket and box of Roses from my aunt. A slanket from my mum (it's so soft and warm) after she wound me up all day saying I didn't have a present.

I also brought myself Friends Seasons 1-10 the extended versions, Dexter Seasons 1-3, and a few Christmas DVDs.

Presents have been the only nice thing about my day :smile:
Original post by Cicerao
Always comes in handy, eh? :sexface:

Ahh, classic comic end to Xmas... +rep, consider it my present to you. :colone:
Reply 264
Strawberry Body Shop set thing and money from my Gran.
Aunt got me a scarf and a clothes voucher.
My boyfriend got me bath stuff, a snail teddy we always laughed at, a Pink Floyd mug, a yellow submarine keyring, and made me a cake. :smile: and his family brought wine and shortbread.
From my parents I got some clothes, a Firebox mystery box, perfume, pyjamas, a nail set and a book set. They've been paying for my driving lessons as well, though, so that counts too!

Pretty happy on the whole! :biggrin:
Blackberry, Kindle, vouchers and chocolates. I'm happy.
Original post by shadow99
Blackberry, Kindle, vouchers and chocolates. I'm happy.

So you're saying that if you didn't get any of those things, or things which weren't as good, you wouldn't be happy?
Reply 267
Original post by chignesh10
So you're saying that if you didn't get any of those things, or things which weren't as good, you wouldn't be happy?

If I said to you, "My dog is brown. I like sprouts."

Would you have replied, "So if you had a black dog you'd hate sprouts"? I really hope not.
I got a new camera (slr :woo:)
Memory ard and case for my camera.
A new ipod deck,
A fair bit of make-up,
Books,
This wire love heart,
Underwear,
Scarf,
The obligatory bubble baths and chocolates,
aaand money.
Original post by Aurora.
If I said to you, "My dog is brown. I like sprouts."

Would you have replied, "So if you had a black dog you'd hate sprouts"? I really hope not.

Oh yeah, because that's really similar to what I am saying...
I am just wondering if he would be happy if he didn't get them...
Calm down :rolleyes:
Reply 270
Original post by chignesh10
Oh yeah, because that's really similar to what I am saying...
I am just wondering if he would be happy if he didn't get them...
Calm down :rolleyes:

I was joking. Calm down :rolleyes:

Anyways, I got...
some books
a new jumper and some jeans
chocolate
perfume
looooads of stuff from Lush
socks
an umbrella and scarves and gloves and a hat
recipe book

:smile:
Seriously good haul this year!
From the parents:
DKNY handbag, Topshop suede boots, Hollister cardigan, a Radley umbrella, the new Nigella Lawson cookbook, a Marmite mug, Green and Blacks chocolate.
From relatives:
About £60 in cash
From the boyfriend:
A silver and gold pandora charm, Sanctuary bath stuff.
From the boyfriends parents and grandparents: Clinique make-up, two lovely Jasper Conran scarves, wine.
Original post by Aurora.
I was joking. Calm down :rolleyes:

Anyways, I got...
some books
a new jumper and some jeans
chocolate
perfume
looooads of stuff from Lush
socks
an umbrella and scarves and gloves and a hat
recipe book

OK, truce.

Spoiler

I don't know how to make the picture smaller, woops.
My boyfriend got me the Stephen Fry books and his parents got me the Molton Brown gift set (my boyfriend's dad has a big job in the company so it was inevitable really). My brother got me the little owl candle and the gnome mug and the rest are from my parents. I also got some slippers that I forgot to add to the pile :smile:

Newburn's book for Christmas? I'm actually jealous!
Original post by psychocustard
Newburn's book for Christmas? I'm actually jealous!

Haha, is it that good? It was on my recommended reading list for Criminology next year, so I thought it'd make for good reading :smile:
I got my mum a 100 routes of the world (travel book), And ice cream cone bowl with spoons and marshmelloes!!!
Haha, is it that good? It was on my recommended reading list for Criminology next year, so I thought it'd make for good reading :smile:

I used it when I did law and criminology last year, and I used it this year when I did a module of criminology for. It's the only one that I really couldn't do without - it's all really plainly written, and excellently explained. It's the one I went straight for when I'd changed courses this year and found out I was doing crim again!
Original post by psychocustard
I used it when I did law and criminology last year, and I used it this year when I did a module of criminology for. It's the only one that I really couldn't do without - it's all really plainly written, and excellently explained. It's the one I went straight for when I'd changed courses this year and found out I was doing crim again!

Oh, why did you change courses? I'm really excited about reading through these Criminology books. I'm currently doing Journalism and there's going to be so much to learn for next year!
Oh, why did you change courses? I'm really excited about reading through these Criminology books. I'm currently doing Journalism and there's going to be so much to learn for next year!

I hated Portsmouth where I was at uni, and I wanted to get away and do something I was really interested in (history and social policy) rather than doing what I thought I should be doing - law :smile:
Oh I'm sorry to hear about that, it must be crap! Just take this time as a long deserved break from everything :smile:

I sure will do :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending