The Student Room Group

Are there any guys here who like older women? Any girls here who like younger guys?

Scroll to see replies

I think it has a lot to do with maturity. Girls tend to go for older guys as generally speaking they are more mature and respectful :tongue: lol.
I'm 19, I would go as far as a year younger, perhaps a little more for the right guy, but no more, though I do accept more of an age gap if the guy is older :tongue:
I'm guessing it has a lot to do with the personality of the people, of course there's a natural cut-off point for an age gap between a couple though imo that has less of an affect as people age :tongue:
It's obviously personal preference @ the end of the day, and the only instance I could see that causes an issue is an age gap of like 10 years or more, however, I have an Uncle who is 11 years older than my Aunty and their marriage/relationship is great, though I'm not so sure about whether it works so well the other way around :s-smilie: :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by ScouseEmma28
Yeh, older women can be hot too you know..........we don't all have scales or wrinkles on our bodies...

Have you ever been to Tenerife?
Reply 62
How old are we talking here exactly? Because for a woman of 30, I have a great body i'll have you know and I get told this many a times :tongue:

Pic?
I'm 27.

I can't really imagine going for a younger guy tbh. Well maybe a couple of years perhaps but not SIGNIFICANTLY younger.

then again I'm not looking.
Reply 64
I get quite frustrated by guys who think that women in their 30's are past it - how prejudiced!:angry:

I turned 30 2 weeks ago, and fortunately, I actually look young for my age - around 24. I'm also very young at heart, still childish in some ways, im not an emotional wreck, im independant and it doesn't phase me playing XBox games - there's alot of things I find a laugh that most guys at 18-24 engage in. I'm also at uni doing a degree and most of my mates are 19 and we have a laugh- my uni mates were amazed when they found out I was nearly 30 at the time) .I'm also currently dating a near 23 year old guy and he's amazing - very mature, well educated, impeccable manners, fun, doting (on me), and we have a laugh. He said it doesn't feel like he's dating a 30 year old atall - he sees me more as 24, and thats not just because of looks, but because of my fun-loving personality and i dress young for my age too (trendy).

So, actually - to those guys who think once a woman reaches 30, she's basically past it - shame on you!

oh yeh - i'm very hot for my age too and my boyfriend can't get enough of me :tongue: lol

I'm the same age as you, but I'm a guy. At the age of 30, a guy is much more valuable than a woman of the same age. Right now, the age range of girls I can date is from late teens to the 30s and 40s...not that I'd want to date some old chick in her 30 s and 40s

A man gets more attractive to women as he gets older. A women gets LESS attractive to men as she gets older.

At 30, a woman is getting to the point where she is losing, or has lost, her good looks. She is past her best physically, and gets less attention from men, and women around 30 start to get more desperate and settle for the 'nice guys' they used to turn down when they were younger. Whereas a guy who is 30 has still got a good few years ahead where he can attract women. I'd much rather be 30 than 20...it's certainly easier to get women now that it was when I was 20!

Granted, I do agree that some women in their 30s and 40s look good (for their age), but generally it's not the case. Girls in their late teens and early 20s are hotter.

Also, a lot of 'older' women tend to be wanting to settle down and get married, have kids, etc. They lose the fun personality that younger girls have and tend to be too serious for my liking. A lot of women in their late 20s and above start acting like my mother or something, instead of being fin girls I can spend time with and f*ck. I don't want to get married or have kids....I love my own freedom, space and independence too much for that nonsense.

You're lucky you look younger than your real age (so you say)....make the most of it :-)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by Beadle's About
Wow! That's quite an age gap. A 17 year old girl dating a 25 year old guy is fine, but a 17 year old guy dating a 25 year old woman is crazy! She must've been immature!

know she had a son, she was very mature. I think maybe it was her fantasy or something. People have wired fetish u nah looooooooooool.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 66
Wow! That's quite an age gap. A 17 year old girl dating a 25 year old guy is fine, but a 17 year old guy dating a 25 year old woman is crazy! She must've been immature!

Not neccesarily. My first proper girlfriend was 28 when I was 17 but I looked a lot older (and my flatmates who I was with when I met her were all older than me too) and she looked a lot younger so we only realised after a couple of weeks that there was a bit of an age difference but it didn't matter by then because at the end of the day, there was no real difference in our actual circumstances and our cultural references were still pretty similar. I think you have to look at these things individually.
Reply 67
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I'm 27.

I can't really imagine going for a younger guy tbh. Well maybe a couple of years perhaps but not SIGNIFICANTLY younger.

But what would you consider as ''SIGNIFICANTLY'', is kind of subjective to say that is it not.
I think the majority who preferr older woman haven't actually experienced with one! Therefore i can only say i would actually prefer a girl my age, i mean i wouldn't have some pecualiar fetish for older woman, and i can't see myself finding an older woman who wouldn't have kids or been in a previous relationship and would therefore have trust issues. Too much **** to deal with at such a tender age where im trying to concentrate on my studies, and nor would i want a younger girl who wouldn't havbe similar responsibillities to me and potentially ignorant of certain factors. A girl my age, in a similar vocational situation would make for a sustainable relationship as we would both understand what would happen and why it did. No trust issues either usually.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I'm 27.

I don't mean to sound like a prik but i will, so why the **** are you still on TSR at that age, excuse my ignorance but im just curious lol. I mean are you still a 'student'?? And why aren't you looking?
Reply 70
I had a 40 year old when I was 17 (or she had me), a 25 year old when I was 18, a 35 year old in the same year and recently on my access course (Im 23) we all went out for end of term to get drunk and I got it on with a 49 year old hotty and a 35 year old (both married women).

From my experience older women are soo much better in bed than younger girls, much more fun, playful, forward and know exactly what they want. Plus you can hold a decent conversation with em!

Most girls Iv slept with my age (or younger) need to be 'led' or instigated in the bedroom...
:s-smilie:
Original post by SamiFFXIII
I don't mean to sound like a prik but i will, so why the **** are you still on TSR at that age, excuse my ignorance but im just curious lol. I mean are you still a 'student'?? And why aren't you looking?

I joined TSR when I was 20, and I was just about to start uni. Back in September 2004. I wanted uni advice, as most people who find themselves on TSR generally do.

Truth is I just never left TSR....it's fairly addictive you know. No particular reason why, I just never left, that's all. I'm part of the Pregnancy and Parenting society now and I like chatting on there mostly.

I'm not a student now no. I left uni in 2008. I may finish my degree at some point, who knows.

So yeh, no big secret, nothing creepy about me being 27 and on TSR.....I just lingered that's all. Topics come up that I respond to. I don't get out much lol.

As to why I'm not looking, I'm married now :smile:
I've always thought women in their early to mid 30's are at their peak. They look amazing at that age. I do not mean this in a purely sexual manner, which seems to be all that is mentioned in H&R, but I mean like 'beautiful'.
Original post by Jake22
Not neccesarily. My first proper girlfriend was 28 when I was 17 but I looked a lot older (and my flatmates who I was with when I met her were all older than me too) and she looked a lot younger so we only realised after a couple of weeks that there was a bit of an age difference but it didn't matter by then because at the end of the day, there was no real difference in our actual circumstances and our cultural references were still pretty similar. I think you have to look at these things individually.

Crikey! How did you manage to meet and pull a 28 yr old when you were 17? Just curious that's all.
Reply 74
Original post by SamiFFXIII

Surely you must have enough brain cells to work out that students come in all ages these days?

In my experience people spout a lot of crap about how they cannot do this or that. I never thought I could date anyone who was blonde, be interested in a British guy OR be crazy about anyone who was younger but things do not always work out as expected :tongue:
I was just wondering. It's pretty standard that girls tend to go for older guys, and guys tend to prefer younger girls. But I just wondered if there's anyone here doesn't fit into this standard, i.e. any guys here who like older women? Any girls here who prefer younger guys?

To be honest I'd find it pretty strange. I couldn't imagine dating some women in her 30s or 40s....just no! And I can't see too many girls in their late teens/early 20s wanting to be with younger guys.

Just curious though.

I currently have this huge crush on Toni from Peep show, probably just a phase though (well I hope it is). =S
I have dated a 23 year old girl when i was 16 :smile: The most perfect girl i ever dated .
I would have sex with the majority of One Direction. Does that count ?
Reply 78
Original post by LostArtOfMurder
I would have sex with the majority of One Direction. Does that count ?

looooooooooooooooooooooooool. Is you serious......you would be a one direction groupie? They don’t look like they have hit puberty yet.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Yawza
looooooooooooooooooooooooool. Is you serious......you would be a one direction groupie? They don’t look like they have hit puberty yet.

:colondollar:

They are only 2-3 years younger than me which isn't too bad, I don't think ? Realistically I could probably date a guy who was 17 but 16 may be slightly creepy. And I can't imagine a 16 year old being at the same maturity level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending