The Student Room Group

Can I return this faulty H&m jumper without a receipt?

Okay I bought a jumper to wear on Christmas day the other week, washed it the other day and went to put it on today only to realise it has shrunk about 4 sizes. It's 80% wool but my mother washed it as indicated :yep:. This has happened to a few items I have bought from there now too (all lamb's wool), but I have always kept the receipt b4.
I think you'll be able to exchange it but not return.
Reply 2
They could just argue that you didn't follow the washing instructions?

I know someone on heres gonna say something about a receipt not being the only form of proof of purchase..

I doubt refund, exchange? Yes probably
Original post by Lamps08
Okay I bought a jumper to wear on Christmas day the other week, washed it the other day and went to put it on today only to realise it has shrunk about 4 sizes. It's 80% wool but my mother washed it as indicated :yep:. This has happened to a few items I have bought from there now too (all lamb's wool), but I have always kept the receipt b4.

It often says on the receipts that you will get vouchers without a receipt.
Reply 4
Original post by Roflhahalol
They could just argue that you didn't follow the washing instructions?

I know someone on heres gonna say something about a receipt not being the only form of proof of purchase..

I doubt refund, exchange? Yes probably

Trust me it was washed properly. It's happened multiple times now and it's pissing me off because I really liked the tops b4 they were washed. Why the hell do they sell these garments if you can't wash the damn things. My mum said it was washed on the lowest possible setting.
Reply 5
Original post by Lamps08
Trust me it was washed properly. It's happened multiple times now and it's pissing me off because I really liked the tops b4 they were washed. Why the hell do they sell these garments if you can't wash the damn things. My mum said it was washed on the lowest possible setting.

Tell them that then, say your a loyal customer blah blah blah (you get the point) and it will probably enable you to get an exchange perhaps?

All the best :smile:
Reply 6
At Debenhams we would only exchange it for you, so I assume its the same there :dontknow:
Reply 7
Original post by JmJtr
At Debenhams we would only exchange it for you, so I assume its the same there :dontknow:

Are you working tomorrow? Also for the sale do you bring new stuff in or just more of the same clothes pre-christmas?
Reply 8
Original post by Lamps08
Are you working tomorrow? Also for the sale do you bring new stuff in or just more of the same clothes pre-christmas?

Yes I am, long ****ing day aswel. :frown:. And both new and old.

Quick Reply

Latest