The Student Room Group

Discuss your 2010-11 UCAS decisions *HERE*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vitamin D
Yep! Anytime after the 15th and I don't think that they're really required to look at your application. You've got plenty of time :smile:

Oh man, that statement just builds the tension! "Something has changed" :O WHAT SOMETHING?!

I know! When I log on track afterwards I find myself mumbling 'fml fml fml' before I click 'Choices' :tongue:
Reply 301
Original post by DeadPixel

Just to be sure is everyone treated equally for the offers, as long as you send your application before January 15th? Still haven't sent mine :gasp:

Yes, but no. :rolleyes:

If the uni policy is to send offers before the deadline (Glasgow is a prime example), all the course places may have been given out well before the January 15th deadline, resulting in everyone else, no matter how qualified, being rejected.
Original post by mooniibuggy
OMG i'm so jealous :tongue:

well done! i have no chance with them! i think i've gambled my choices tbh :frown: Has your ucas updated for UCL because I want to know for sure if they're giving out AAB offers or AAA offers... and I didn't know kcl wanted A's in chem AND bio ... didn't say that on their website =/

Seriously, Congrats! :biggrin:

I have no chance (although i'm trying to think positively). I don't even know why my app has been there for this long!

hey haha thanks! umm UCL hasn't updated Track yet although I received the offer email on 7 Dec! the wait is agonising >< Imperial probably won't reply that soon, a senior of mine received his offer only in April the following year for Biomedical Science!

I think it's different for KCL cause I'm an international, so maybe they want to make it stricter? no idea haha. don't lose faith! just wait for their reply; I think i got my offers early cause I sent my app off on 15 Oct! remember - no news = good news haha!
Original post by cloclo_
Had 4/5 offers and 1 rejection! I'm so happy :biggrin: Just gotta decide between Bangor, Keele or Lancaster :smile:

SNAP! :smile:

Bristol: rejection :frown:
Birmingham: offer! (firm)
Leeds: interview (insurance if I get it)
Manchester: offer
Nottingham: offer

All for Russian or Russian studies- anyone else applied for these uni's?
Reply 304
LSE - Unsuccessful
Durham - Conditional
Warwick x2 - still to come
York - still to come
Reply 305
Original post by Delaney

If the uni policy is to send offers before the deadline (Glasgow is a prime example), all the course places may have been given out well before the January 15th deadline, resulting in everyone else, no matter how qualified, being rejected.

Oh sh*t. Will apply for Dundee x2, Edinburgh College of Art and GCU… hope they're not all like this.
Aren't they all at least supposed to give offers/places after the deadline?
I've heard nothing yet... just stupid acknowledgements :frown:
Reply 307
Original post by DeadPixel
Oh sh*t. Will apply for Dundee x2, Edinburgh College of Art and GCU… hope they're not all like this.
Aren't they all at least supposed to give offers/places after the deadline?

No idea on that one. I'm sure they do keep some places in reserve for after the deadline though, just incase they see a great candidate who's applied on like the 14th of January or something.
Original post by bballer92
LSE - Unsuccessful
Durham - Conditional
Warwick x2 - still to come
York - still to come

Congrats on Durham! :biggrin:
Reply 309
Course: MEng Biomedical Engineering (4 years) although classed as Engineering Science, Medical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering (Biomed) elsewhere. :P

Oxford - Unsuccessful. But meh to that, because...
Imperial - AAA. Really loved this one, it's gonna be my firm!
Surrey - AAA
Nottingham - AAA or ABB for Bachelor's.
Leeds - AAB

I'm very happy with these, even if it's 4/5 offers (I was gearing for a clean sweep :tongue:)

Might be a toss-up between Leeds and Notts for the insurance :/ Although I'm aware if you miss you offer by 1 grade, sometimes Imperial and Surrey may offer for you to go do the Bachelor's instead and you can work hard to get back on to the Master's.

Or am I talking outta my arse here? :tongue:
Original post by arianex
Course: MEng Biomedical Engineering (4 years) although classed as Engineering Science, Medical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering (Biomed) elsewhere. :P

Oxford - Unsuccessful. But meh to that, because...
Imperial - AAA. Really loved this one, it's gonna be my firm!
Surrey - AAA
Nottingham - AAA or ABB for Bachelor's.
Leeds - AAB

I'm very happy with these, even if it's 4/5 offers (I was gearing for a clean sweep :tongue:)

Might be a toss-up between Leeds and Notts for the insurance :/ Although I'm aware if you miss you offer by 1 grade, sometimes Imperial and Surrey may offer for you to go do the Bachelor's instead and you can work hard to get back on to the Master's.

Or am I talking outta my arse here? :tongue:

Those great choices :redface:
Reply 311
Leeds (biochem) - Offer
UEA (medicine) - Acknowledge
Soton (medicine) - Acknowledge
Essex (Biomed) - Interview
Dundee (neuro)- Acknowledge
Reply 312
Original post by Delaney
No idea on that one. I'm sure they do keep some places in reserve for after the deadline though, just incase they see a great candidate who's applied on like the 14th of January or something.

Argh. You're completely ruining my dreams right now :eek: as an international/independant applicant I thought it wasn't a first-come, first-served basis, but that everything was offered only after the deadline.
Well probably because that's the case in France. And here the application website hasn't even yet opened… the deadline is mid-March. UK is too early :colone:

I hope my application will be strong enough then…
Reply 313
Original post by StudyHard_LiveBetter
Woooo! What course you applying for?

BA in Geography :smile:
Original post by maxcartwright
anyone got offers from

Leicster
LSE
Kings
Queen Marys?

for international relations/politics/war studies?
am getting anxious. i know LSE takes ages to reply, but I though leicster wud be quite quick and queen marys :s-smilie:
ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS OFFERS

I'm applying to LSE to do International Relations and I haven't heard anything :frown: apparently they have been giving out rejections tho... so we have made it this far!!
Reply 315
Original post by Delaney

This is NOT the case. See the link to Apply 2011 in my sig for an explanation as to why.

DeadPixel
anyone applying to do theology? it's just meeee :smile:

durham ABB, edinburgh BBB, leeds ABB, lancaster BBB
Reply 317
Original post by _Rocky_
University: University of Southampton
Course: Economics
Date Application sent: 07/11/10
Decision: Conditional
Offer conditions: AAB
Your reaction: Ecstatic :wink:

wowww, what a way to start the yearr, awkward tbh, but im happy on your offer!!
Reply 318
Original post by Minerva
This is NOT the case. See the link to Apply 2011 in my sig for an explanation as to why.

I assume I'm looking at the "equal consideration" part?

If so I'm not sure how it's possible for a uni to hand out offers BEFORE the deadline and continue to say all applicants are equally considered :confused:
Reply 319
Original post by Delaney
I assume I'm looking at the "equal consideration" part?

If so I'm not sure how it's possible for a uni to hand out offers BEFORE the deadline and continue to say all applicants are equally considered :confused:
Then read the section in my stickied thread that explains this.

Early offers are given to people who would get an offer anyway even if the uni waited until 15 January to give it. That's why people applying at the same time to the same university for the same course may get a decision at completely different times.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply