The Student Room Group

What shops are open on boxing day

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Waterstorm
See what looks good, then return it if you don't like it!

I'm to tight, lazy and indecisive to do that.
Reply 21
Completely depends. People say 'oh lots of places will be open.' I work in a shop in a busy shopping town and last year we were one of the very very very few shops open. M&S (biggest department store in the whole of our shopping town) was closed, as was the entire inside of the shopping centre.
Original post by Skilfulbil
I'm to tight, lazy and indecisive to do that.

Fair enough, I just had a browse on some sites - and found it impossible to pick something without wanting to actually see it.

And so by the sounds of it, a lot of places are starting the sales on Monday. If I gave Sunday a miss and went shopping on Monday instead - would I miss out on much?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 23
I fear you guys might be disappointed by the boxing day sales, something tells me the reductions won't be that much of a difference because of the credit crunch.
I work in White Stuff and we're open on Boxing Day

(not that that fact is much use to many people on here, since we mostly cater for middle aged people :s-smilie:)
Reply 25
Original post by onthejubileeline
I work in White Stuff and we're open on Boxing Day

(not that that fact is much use to many people on here, since we mostly cater for middle aged people :s-smilie:)

Never even heard of this establishment, what is it??
Original post by Skilfulbil
Never even heard of this establishment, what is it??

Haha, lots of people haven't, don't worry. It's quite a lot like Fat Face, but for the middle aged.
Reply 27
Original post by onthejubileeline
Haha, lots of people haven't, don't worry. It's quite a lot like Fat Face, but for the middle aged.

I thought Fat Face was for the middle aged, ohwelll.
Some Next stores are open on boxing day like the one where I work.
Reply 29
selfridges.
itll be mental.
Original post by Dekota-XS
I fear you guys might be disappointed by the boxing day sales, something tells me the reductions won't be that much of a difference because of the credit crunch.

Really? Interesting theory :smile: Why do you think that? Last two winters ('08 and '09) have been during the recession and have still held excellent sales.

Be positive :tongue:
Reply 31
Original post by Dekota-XS

I agree, but I don't think that is because of the credit crunch.

I think it has more to do with the fact that a lot of consumers are deluded by the term 'sale', so shops reduce the prices of their items by very little because they know consumers will still buy them.

They just put red stickers on items and dump them in bargain bins to make them look cheap, when in fact they are not.
Weird that it falls on a sunday... and a sunday with a tube strike. Sure loads of shoppers will still go out though, most high street stores, all department stores I imagine

Most if not all supermarkets. Not going shopping though.. it's sunday D:

Quick Reply

Latest