The Student Room Group

Bristol Pharmacology Open Day Invites

Anyone else been invited to one of the pharmacology open days at Bristol?

I'm booked in for February 16th.

Quite surprised tbh, thought Bristol would be the first to reject me!
Yep though I'm going to try and get out of it since I went last year and didn't find it useful. It's a compulsory open day basically :/
Reply 2
Original post by microfatcat
Yep though I'm going to try and get out of it since I went last year and didn't find it useful. It's a compulsory open day basically :/

Did you get an offer last year? I thought it was pretty set that offers would come after.
Original post by ½+½
Did you get an offer last year? I thought it was pretty set that offers would come after.

Yeah, I did. Though since I've already been to one I'm hoping they won't make me go to another.
Reply 4
I'm booked for the 16th Feb too :biggrin: so see you guys there!
I think those who are invited to an open day will recieve an offer right?
Surely they can't invite everyone who has applied for the course?
Look at the admin. statement :biggrin:

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/phys-pharm/admissions/admissionstat.html
Reply 5
Original post by Saskya
I'm booked for the 16th Feb too :biggrin: so see you guys there!
I think those who are invited to an open day will recieve an offer right?
Surely they can't invite everyone who has applied for the course?
Look at the admin. statement :biggrin:

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/phys-pharm/admissions/admissionstat.html

Haha yeah I've studied the admissions statement several times. It definitely looks very hopeful:biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by ½+½
Haha yeah I've studied the admissions statement several times. It definitely looks very hopeful:biggrin:

Well done to us :biggrin:
So what subjects are you studying? Predicted grades? =D
Reply 7
Original post by Saskya
Well done to us :biggrin:
So what subjects are you studying? Predicted grades? =D

I'm doing an Access to Science course (mature student). It includes chemistry and human biology. No predicted grades, but have so far achieved all distinctions in chemistry, and a mixture of merits and distinctions in biology.

How about you? Where will you be coming from? :smile:
If you guys do decide to come to bristol, look out for Professor Henderson. Absolute legend.
Reply 9
Original post by ½+½
I'm doing an Access to Science course (mature student). It includes chemistry and human biology. No predicted grades, but have so far achieved all distinctions in chemistry, and a mixture of merits and distinctions in biology.

How about you? Where will you be coming from? :smile:

Wow, distinctions in chemisty, that's amazing! I struggled at AS and didn't get a very good grade so I didn't have very high hopes for Bristol to accept me.. but perhaps miracles happen!
I'm actually fom Bristol =)
You?
Reply 10
Original post by Saskya
Wow, distinctions in chemisty, that's amazing! I struggled at AS and didn't get a very good grade so I didn't have very high hopes for Bristol to accept me.. but perhaps miracles happen!
I'm actually fom Bristol =)
You?

Where else have you applied? :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by microfatcat
Yeah, I did. Though since I've already been to one I'm hoping they won't make me go to another.

Out of interest, how many people were there last year? Just so I know what to expect.
Original post by ½+½
Out of interest, how many people were there last year? Just so I know what to expect.

ummm quite a lot, about 60ish? but I think parents were sat down too at the talk at the beginning with frankie macmillan so that number might be quite skewed.
Reply 13
Sorry I'm a bit late, got invited and I'm heading there on the 16th. I've only seen the city once and I wasn't 18 then so I'm looking forward to a more real experience after the open day :wink:. Looks like a good uni though!
Reply 14
Hi,
I'm going on the16th of feb 2, but my stepdad may of shredded my letter so wat time does it start and which building do we go to? Thanks see you there.
Yasmin
Reply 15
Original post by yasietazie
Hi,
I'm going on the16th of feb 2, but my stepdad may of shredded my letter so wat time does it start and which building do we go to? Thanks see you there.
Yasmin

I don't think it says on the letter. I think they're sending us more details closer to the time.
Reply 16
Original post by ½+½
I'm from Taunton. Where else have you applied? :smile:

I applied to:
Southampton-pharmacology (Conditional offer)
Aston-Pharmacy (Conditional offer)
Loughborough-Pharmaceutial with chemistry (Conditional offer)
King's college- Pharmacy (Heard nothing so far)

How about you?
Have you recieved any updates on the open day at Bristol yet? :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Saskya
I applied to:
Southampton-pharmacology (Conditional offer)
Aston-Pharmacy (Conditional offer)
Loughborough-Pharmaceutial with chemistry (Conditional offer)
King's college- Pharmacy (Heard nothing so far)

How about you?
Have you recieved any updates on the open day at Bristol yet? :smile:

I've got an interview for Brighton for pharmacy on Saturday, the open day with Bristol for pharmacology, an open application with Exeter for biological and medicinal chemistry, and two rejections from Bath (pharmacy & pharmacology).

I've not received any information about the open day yet.

Well done on your offers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending