The Student Room Group

Received 5 offers--how do I apply to other universities?

So I got offers from all the universities I applied for, which I totally wasn't expecting (I was worried I wouldn't get any). Almost all the uni's I applied for are pretty average, so I'm thinking I could cancel an offer and try for a couple of more highly ranked places.

So basically, is it possible to withdraw an offer and try applying for a different university on ucas?? If so, how?

Scroll to see replies

no
Reply 2
As far as I'm aware, not unless you reapply next year.

Where are the offers from?
Reply 3
well on results day, you could try adjustment, but highly doubt that you would get really great unis due to the competition
Reply 4
That sucks... The offers are Aber, Essex, Kent, Brookes, Liverpool
Reply 5
no you cant, but if you get the grades in august you can go through adjustment where you can apply to 'higher' ones and see if they accept you
Original post by klayman
So I got offers from all the universities I applied for, which I totally wasn't expecting (I was worried I wouldn't get any). Almost all the uni's I applied for are pretty average, so I'm thinking I could cancel an offer and try for a couple of more highly ranked places.

So basically, is it possible to withdraw an offer and try applying for a different university on ucas?? If so, how?

There are ways to change university, but not to cancel any of your offers and apply for only a couple of higher ones - both methods would require you to lose any insurance: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Changing_your_Mind#UCAS_Extra_2

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Changing_your_Mind#UCAS_Clearing_and_UCAS_Adjustment_2
What is the subject out of interest?- I can tell you which ones were in clearing for it.
Reply 8
I think you can, but you have to reject ALL the offers you've received, then you can apply for ONE other university. you can keep applying to one at a time untill you get a place. (I think) BUT, there is no way of changing your mind, and once you've rejected your five offers, you cant get them back.

Thats what we've been told at school anyway :/
well my friend missed the deadline to change choices on UCAS so she called the uni up and asked if they'll still consider her and they said yes and it got updated on ucas. So why not try? don't get your hopes up because I think it's rare
Reply 10
Liverpool if its not hope/jmu then it a very good uni and wouldnt risk losing that offer, what subject and what are your predicted grades?
Reply 11
Original post by klayman
That sucks... The offers are Aber, Essex, Kent, Brookes, Liverpool

Liverpool and Aberdeen are good.
Reply 12
you can reject the offers from all 5 uni's and then apply through clearing or extra. Thats the only way i think, as far as i know.
Reply 13
Original post by Arcanine
Liverpool and Aberdeen are good.

Actually, I meant Aberystwyth! :biggrin: But yes, Liverpool is a pretty good one, I s'ppose.

I've applied to study Accountancy, for those who asked.
Reply 14
Original post by kbountra
What is the subject out of interest?- I can tell you which ones were in clearing for it.

Do you know what unis were in clearing/adjustment for accounting & finance?
Reply 15
A friend of mine said she had family emergences and changed her Essex application for Durham as it is closer to home.. Something about a sick relative :smile:!

(though I don't reccommend lying..)
Reply 16
Um, no.

To use Adjustment you need to have exceeded your firm choice. If you weren't successful through Extra you don't have a firm choice.
Corrected it for you. :wink:
Why don't you just GO to one of the universities? It's so tough to get a place this year I think it'd be ridiculous to go for adjustment or extra and potentially end up with nowhere to go and ridiculous tuition fees to pay next year.
Original post by Ree-Shay
Do you know what unis were in clearing/adjustment for accounting & finance?

I couldn't find any universities on a similar level to the ones you have offers from....there were spaces like Hull and Plymouth remaining. Is Sheffield your first choice by any chance cos it's one of the unis I'm considering to put down as my firm atm?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending