The Student Room Group

Do universities accept 2 A levels and 3 AS?

I am currently in my AS year studying A level English literature, History and ICT. However, I am planning to drop ICT and picking up two other AS leaving me with 2 A levels and 3 AS. If I get A's and B's in my subjects will I be accepted by good universities?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Probably not. You could just do ICT A2 you know.
Some might, if you check requirements, but I don't think a top uni would tbh.
Reply 3
Have to agree, you probably won't. Come to Australia and they'll take you with 2 A2s and an AS. :tongue:
Reply 4
Top universities ask for at least 3 a levels so no... and the fact that you're studying ICT... why don't drop ICT and pick up a more academic subject instead?
Probably not. Some unis might if they just want ucas points- but i doubt it. Keep on doing all 3 subjects at a-level.
Reply 6
Original post by nerimon18
Top universities ask for at least 3 a levels so no... and the fact that you're studying ICT... why don't drop ICT and pick up a more academic subject instead?

If I pick up a more academic subject, meaning I will still end up with 2 A levels and 3 AS.. will it compensate more to having 3 Alevels?
I know KCL accept 2 A-Levels and 3 AS Levels for most subjects.
Reply 8
Original post by Mz-Nmh
If I pick up a more academic subject, meaning I will still end up with 2 A levels and 3 AS.. will it compensate more to having 3 Alevels?

Yeah probs:tongue:
It depends on the university. Youll have to contact admissions and find out. Some top 40 universities do accept 2 A/S as the final Alevel
Reply 10
Original post by NGC773
It depends on the university. Youll have to contact admissions and find out. Some top 40 universities do accept 2 A/S as the final Alevel

Brilliant :smile: Thank you.
It depends. Liverpool Uni accepts 2 A2s and 2 AS's for Radiography.

I am applying with 2 A2's and 2AS's and all the uni's I am applying to accept it. I just emailed every Uni that does my course to ask if they would consider me if I applied without 3 full A Levels. Leeds and Salford both said they require 3 full A2's but Liverpool Uni accepts the mixture and I personal think Liverpool is better than Salford.

So some "good" uni's accept AS's and A2's you just have to ask and then of course it depends on what you think is a good Uni.
Reply 12
In reality your choices will probably be something like: Bad subject at decent uni or good subject at poorer uni.
they wont accept you. just do ICT, it's a dead easy subject.
Possibly consider trying to do a whole A level in 1 year? I know people who have done this in biology they attended AS biology and A2 biology classes and got an A.
Reply 15
Original post by Freerider101
Possibly consider trying to do a whole A level in 1 year? I know people who have done this in biology they attended AS biology and A2 biology classes and got an A.

I guess that's what I'll have to do. Thank you :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by aspiringwhatever
they wont accept you. just do ICT, it's a dead easy subject.

I can't continue ICT even if I wanted to as the sixth form I'm moving to doesn't offer it as an A level.
Reply 17
Original post by razzmatazz rach
It depends. Liverpool Uni accepts 2 A2s and 2 AS's for Radiography.

I am applying with 2 A2's and 2AS's and all the uni's I am applying to accept it. I just emailed every Uni that does my course to ask if they would consider me if I applied without 3 full A Levels. Leeds and Salford both said they require 3 full A2's but Liverpool Uni accepts the mixture and I personal think Liverpool is better than Salford.

So some "good" uni's accept AS's and A2's you just have to ask and then of course it depends on what you think is a good Uni.

I meant the top 30 universities as in top unis, but thank you :smile:
that sucks. i am sorry for you, cos even if people say it's not academical or whatever. i am going to get an A* so i really don't care about that. try to do an A level in one year, that's i think the only solution, because they care more about your A-levels than your As
:lolwut: I hope not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending