The Student Room Group

UCAS is closed until 4 January!!!WTF???

I checked UCAS website and there are written that they are closed until 4th January!
so it means I cannot send my application now and I have to wait until 4th January??????:eek::eek:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
REALLY??????
Reply 2
So? Nobody will be in at the universities to read your application now anyway.
Well all the unis are closed till January anyway... they need a holiday to! :smile:
Reply 4
You can still apply it just wont get read.
You'll still be sending it before the deadline, what's the problem?

If you don't like it, you should have sent it off earlier.
You shouldn't have left it so late. :noway:
:eek: It's insane! The people who work at UCAS have lives and families too!?
1) The UCAS people deserve time off too, they're only human
2) Nobody would read your application if you could sent it off as the admissions tutors are also human
3) Just be patient. It's not like they're closed until the 16th of January. Your application will still be sent before the deadline.
Reply 9
Original post by Crazy Paving
You shouldn't have left it so late. :noway:

i really wouldnt generallise like that.
I'm not the OP, dunno about their situation but personally, ive done mine ages ago and sent it off.
The problem is my Ref, he hasnt done my reference or checked my application yet, thats why im personally annoyed.
Plus, some courses apply later than others to gauge a better understanding of their course for their PS. im on a one year foundation course and its a big part of the statement to write abotu it so applying in september is pointless, i left mine till november so i actually knew what to write about the course than making up random BS.
Original post by fretter778
1) the ucas people deserve time off too, they're only human
2) nobody would read your application if you could sent it off as the admissions tutors are also human
3) just be patient. It's not like they're closed until the 16th of january. Your application will still be sent before the deadline.

this is an outrage why are more things not robots!!!!
Reply 11
OMG it's a conspiracy!! They want you to get rejected!
To be fair, most workplaces go back after the bank holiday so why on earth are ucas closed til Jan 4th? I don't see why they shouldn't be working next week.
Reply 13
oh mai dayz :eek3:
Is everyone drunk? Allow the sarcasm
Uni and UCAS staff need holidays too like the rest of us. Seriously. Surely doesn't mean you can't submit your application if its complete. It just won't be dealt with until the 4th, along with the other many other applicants' applications.

At the end of the day its submitted before the deadline, and it will be timestamped as before the deadline so whats the problem? They won't reply until after the deadline no doubt now anyway.

And if they want that long off then it makes more work for them, their problem.
Reply 16
so it means i can still send my apllication
Original post by rolling
so it means i can still send my apllication

Yes you can. Its all electronically done. They won't switch off the servers because they're not in office. Just means you can't ring them for advice.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by hothedgehog

Original post by hothedgehog
To be fair, most workplaces go back after the bank holiday so why on earth are ucas closed til Jan 4th? I don't see why they shouldn't be working next week.

It doesn't mean they're not working. It just means the helplines aren't open.

I work in retail and whilst the shop doesn't open til 10am on Sundays, someone will have been there since at least 7.30 doing things!
Reply 19
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending