The Student Room Group

why are brits unfortunate looking in the looks department?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SatanIsAwesome

Original post by SatanIsAwesome
It really isn't :cool:

Nice name, so are you a Itachi fanboy or does your name refer to the Japanese moon god?

If you asking if i read the naruto manga; yes.
Im also a fan of japanese/greek/norse mythology

As for the phrase you highlighted, it depends on your standards
Reply 181
As if that poll matters? It's a well acknowledged fact in UK that only ugly people use dating sites.
If you're good looking you go out and meet people, not sit on the computer all day waiting for a message in your inbox.

The strange thing about UK is that all the good looking people and bad looking people seem to hang out in completely different cities o.0 I go to a campus Uni in the Midlands and I'd never seen so many good looking people in my entire life, as opposed to if you go into Stoke-on-Trent... where everyone seems to have exceptionally large noses.
Reply 182
Original post by Picnic1
Let's put it this way- whenever I see a male who is well dressed, well groomed or physically striking I always think that they must have come over here from somewhere like New York or Italy.

People are AFRAID to be good looking (for which I include well dressed) in Britain. Not suprisingly for it attracts scornful glances from most people to be seen to be supposedly 'trying too hard' with appearance. So if you are handsome woe betide you if you also put on smart clothing - you will derrided as some kind of 'nouveau rich' effeminate dandy.

This has nothing to do with class either. Many of the best looking or dressed people are of working class or lower middle class origins.

very very true.
Reply 183
I don't think that's a fair judgement actually.
Original post by minimalme
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/relations...eople.com.html

is it due to years of inbreeding? or bad diet?

they're consistently being rated the ugliest people in the world

because brit actors are chosen for their talent and not their looks, and as the vast majority of outside people only seen other countries on TV, britain is portrayed by the actors on TV. This is why british films have been and are the best in the world. America, for example, would never dream of putting an "average" or "below average" looking person on TV.
Because of generations of inbreeding and people letting themselves get fat and out of shape. Then you mix in everyone turning working class and you get the modern day Brit which is rough, ugly, and fat.

Original post by CharlieBee_90
Me and plenty of other women here and abroad. That's just what a lot of us like. :dontknow: sorry if that sounds so utterly farfetched to you. Just stating fact.

Anyway couldn't help but notice that you conveniently forgot about the women.

Actually, the majority of the pictures you uploaded where of ugly or very average people. The guys are ugly, Emma Watson is average, and the first 2 girls are hot, but have sod all English features - especially Kelly Brook.
Also, lets not forget that the average British woman is 5ft 4' and a size 14/16.......:rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 186
Whatever. Ben Barnes.
Reply 187
Either way, at least the Brits are better at humour. :hand:
How dare you, I'm beautiful on the inside
Reply 189
Ok, since you're using the 'bad genetics because the UK is an island' argument. What about Iceland, Japan, Ireland, and all of the island nations in the Caribbean & Pacific? Why don't you consider the people there ugly?
(edited 13 years ago)
What are you talking about silly boy, there are plenty of good looking British women.
Reply 191
Original post by air-ninety-one
i sucked your mum's tits. she's such a slut

OK, good for you.
Reply 192
I bet if the people rating others on that dating site met the Brits in real life, they'd be well up there. British accents make all foreigners melt.

Anyway, who cares? So what if a million people you don't know are ugly? look in the mirror, see your own beauty and prove the stereotypers wrong. Nobody will think you're ugly simply because you're British..

I can't believe the fuss that article has made.
Reply 193
Original post by Katq
I bet if the people rating others on that dating site met the Brits in real life, they'd be well up there. British accents make all foreigners melt.

Anyway, who cares? So what if a million people you don't know are ugly? look in the mirror, see your own beauty and prove the stereotypers wrong. Nobody will think you're ugly simply because you're British..

I can't believe the fuss that article has made.

The only paper to publish that article should have been the Daily Mail tbh.
I never actually disagreed with any of that.
Original post by Tsukuyomi
Ok you caught me out. I didnt include the females you uploaded. I aint gonna gas, they look good.
Im not saying that all the british girls look bad, because that ain true, but its harder to find a good looking girl in this country than in some other countries.

OK fair point. I'm sorry about my original angry post. :redface:
This is utter, utter *******s. Are you aware of just how many waves of immigrants have ended up on these shores? The English Channel is a limit to biodiversity, but humans have crossed it regularly for thousands of years.
(edited 13 years ago)
I think we're just not that concerned by appearance and improving it than other cultures. We're not a terribly superficial people.
Original post by nerdfighter28
This.

Add Keira Knightley, Colin Firth:love: and Orlando Bloom to the list :smile:

How could I forget Orlando Bloom! Shame on me XD And Keira Knightley is so pretty I'm jealous :tongue:
:facepalm:

Angles, Saxons, Normans, Romans, Vikings, Celts, Friesians, and many, many more. Have you genuinely never heard of these? Their migration to these isles only forms the first few thousand years of our history, y'know . . .

Britain was also the endpoint of migration for several mitochondrial Haplogroups in the Neolithic and Bronze Age who form the core of the British gene pool and have been added to by the aforementioned ethnic groups. Genetically, we are hard to distinguish from other Western Europeans because there has been so much movement from the continent to the British Isles over the last four millennia.

As for your pithy commentary on my subject:

Heard it all before.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending