The Student Room Group

Boyfriend brings another girl - WTF!?

Scroll to see replies

What a ridiculous idea in the first place! You could have just said you needed some space for a few weeks to get your head together, not 'we're on a break'. I can't think of anything else you could have said that screams 'i want to get with other people for a few weeks' more than that, can you blame him ?!

Really should at least have been more specific as to whether you were on a definite temporary break over a set period or time or one that could be as long or short as you like. Now you're definitely on a long break..
Reply 121
Shouldn't have gone on a break then. Don't really have any sympathy.
You're in the wrong for breaking up with him. What the hell did you expect?
pwnt
Reply 124
You're on a break so he can do what he likes. How can you complain when you initiated it??
This is exactly why I avoid this break business, unfortunate for you that it's all due to miscommunication but what's done is done now.

I must admit I would be upset if my boyfriend was able to move on within a week, but who knows he might be hurting and is that's his way of dealing with it.
People that move on quickly are winners.
I don't believe in "breaks". It's like hitting a pause button on a relationship, like wtf?
Reply 128
Original post by Violet Hill
3 weeks ago my boyfriend and I went on a break, I initiated it because I was having a tough time personally and I didn't want to put any strain on him or the relationship so thought it would be best to keep my distance. We've been together for 2 years, when I asked for a break he was quite disappointed and quietly accepted. After that he wasn't really keeping in contact much but I thought he is giving me the space I asked for.

If you were to tell me that you wanted a ‘break’, regardless of any other reasons you might throw out there, I would think:

1.She feels the relationship is stagnant and wants to move on.
2.She thinks she can do better and wants to test the waters.
3.There is someone that you believe you have a chance with and you want to give it a bit of a go.
4.There is someone you want to shag, but you feel that by taking a ‘break’ you wont feel as guilty or appear to be a super slut as you would if you cheated on me.

Plus you would love for me to hang around and be available if these things don’t work out for you.

I suspect that if you did a quick role reversal and thought about it, that’s exactly how you would have taken it also.
Yes of course you did something wrong, are you stupid?
You thought it was a break, he thought you'd broken up. You can't just go on a break; you either stay with him or break up with him.
Reply 131
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
pwnt

My thoughts precisely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending