The Student Room Group

why are brits unfortunate looking in the looks department?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
They're still islands though, and according to you British people are unattractive due to the lack of genetic variety, because it's an island.

Anyway, I can't be bothered to have an argument about superficial features.
(edited 13 years ago)
I'll have you know I'm not unfortunate in my looks department.
My mirror just LIES.
Reply 202
So, do you hold the same stereotypical views about the US?
(edited 13 years ago)
:facepalm2:

Please tell me this isn't how you actually think that genetics works. Please.

How do you think that variation arose between and within individual populations that migrated to the UK? (or anywhere else) Mutation. It didn't suddenly stop happening once those populations migrated to the UK. Lots of migration + long period of time since migration + mutation = substantial variation!

Tell you what, I'll buy you a biology textbook for Christmas next year! You obviously need it.
(edited 13 years ago)
It's all that english tea we drinks I tells ya! :p:
Original post by minimalme
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/relations...eople.com.html

is it due to years of inbreeding? or bad diet?

they're consistently being rated the ugliest people in the world

And you are from? I don't suppose it's Britain, is it?
All these polls are ridiculous. If we're not being told the world thinks we're ugly, we're being told we have a terrible quality of life or awful health. All it does is feed into the Daily Mail delusion that everywhere is idyllic and wonderful while britain is miserable, grey and horrible.

And in any case, to take these polls in any way seriously is being too self conscious.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 207
Lol anyone ever heard that beauty is in the eye of the beholder? **** because we have a crooked teeth and all look like Cockerneys or Prince Charles. :rolleyes:
Reply 208
Original post by Svenjamin
All these polls are ridiculous. If we're not being told the world thinks we're ugly, we're being told we have a terrible quality of life or awful health. All it does is feed into the Daily Mail delusion that everywhere is idyllic and wonderful while britain is miserable, grey and horrible.

And in any case, to take these polls in any way seriously is being way too self conscious.

Meh except it when you conquer 1/4 of the globe some people are going to be bitter. Screw 'em. :biggrin:
Reply 209
Original post by spazman21
So, you determine whether people are sluts based on the way they look?

Are you implying that because they're attractive they must be sluts... Most of the sluts I know are ugly or average looking.

And, yes, attractive people do float my boat; however, that doesn't mean I think of them superior to ugly people in any way; I'm not superficial enough to think so...

I think your post was quite judgmental and superficial. But, I'm not going to judge you as a person on one post...

i said THEY LOOK LIKE SLUTS- not that they ARE...
just what they were wearing no need to throw a hissy fit :rolleyes:
:angry: who you calling superficial???
Original post by amsie/
i said THEY LOOK LIKE SLUTS- not that they ARE...
just what they were wearing no need to throw a hissy fit :rolleyes:
:angry: who you calling superficial???

Re-read the last line, carefully.

Disagree :no:
Reply 212
Re-read the last line, carefully.

or read between the lines...
Reply 213
You've never been to London and Birmingham obviously.

Seeing as you're stereotyping Brits left right and centre, where are you from?
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
What are you talking about silly boy, there are plenty of good looking British women.

Plenty? I never though anyone would find a 5ft 4' overweight tubbo attractive......:redface:

Original post by No Man
You've never been to London and Birmingham obviously.

Seeing as you're stereotyping Brits left right and centre, where are you from?

Wow, I never knew that all of England was only London and Birmingham.........:rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by amsie/
or read between the lines...

Ohh Amsie... at least you like Burial.
Reply 216
Most Brits don't keep fit, have sedentary lifestyles and little exposure to sunlight.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 217
Original post by lonelykatana
If your in a club with a top that shows pretty much all your tits, and you have no bra
your a slut. Or atleast someone who deserves no decent treatment from men.

stfu that girl was fine, dont discourage her
Reply 218
Ohh Amsie... at least you like Burial.

haha... everyone gives in... eventually... :devil3:
OP has clearly not been to scotland :facepalm2:

...that was a joke btw, before everyone starts stereotyping me and scotland :holmes:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending