The Student Room Group

Said I will live at home but changed my mind :S

My question is can I change my mind after sending my application off?

Basically, i sent my UCAS on 6th October and have already had offers. However, on all my London University choices I selected the option that I will be living at home if I chose to go to the university, as I live in London. But, I have changed my mind now, due to personal circumstances and the actual experience living in student accommodation.

So, is it possible to change? and what do I have to do?

Thank you
Original post by Gabriela
My question is can I change my mind after sending my application off?

Basically, i sent my UCAS on 6th October and have already had offers. However, on all my London University choices I selected the option that I will be living at home if I chose to go to the university, as I live in London. But, I have changed my mind now, due to personal circumstances and the actual experience living in student accommodation.

So, is it possible to change? and what do I have to do?

Thank you

It's not really a problem - many unis don't even pay attention to it, because an awful lot of people will change their mind one way or another. If you're concerned, just ring the unis.
Reply 2
Original post by TheSownRose
It's not really a problem - many unis don't even pay attention to it, because an awful lot of people will change their mind one way or another. If you're concerned, just ring the unis.

OK thank you :smile:

So I can apply for accommodation in the Student Halls as soon as I decide which uni I want to go to?
Original post by Gabriela
So I can apply for accommodation in the Student Halls as soon as I decide which uni I want to go to?

Assuming your universities say it's perfectly fine for you to apply for student accommodation then you'll have the chance to apply once you've replied on UCAS outlining what your firm and insurance will be. The respective universities will send you an email detailing what you need to do to apply for accommodation after that.
Reply 4
Original post by LiamTheKook
Assuming your universities say it's perfectly fine for you to apply for student accommodation then you'll have the chance to apply once you've replied on UCAS outlining what your firm and insurance will be. The respective universities will send you an email detailing what you need to do to apply for accommodation after that.

Reply 5
Lol dw it's not a problem, usually it's just to get a rough number of how many people will be living at home/ in halls, so a couple of people changing their minds is fine for them. Even they know that people will change their mind, situations change ,etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending