The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by .Ali.
Yes, exactly. I've never seen the facination with muscles at all, I just don't find them attractive. Especially when they get huge, then they're actively unattractive.

OK, lucky for you as most girls go for the hunky guys :smile:
Reply 221
Original post by Jimbo1234
AKA someone being in shape puts pressure on you to stay in shape and you are to insecure to deal with that so you shoot low and go for someone average who does not boast confidence. :rolleyes:

Actually no, as I tend to go for extremely confident guys. I'm not insecure at all, I'm not out of shape and I have a pretty good figure. I just don't see lumpy, hard gross skin as a good thing.
Reply 222
They really wouldn't. Yes they would, I've seen fat guys with beautiful faces before. I do like the athletic look, but it's not the ONLY look I like, and I don't favour it over any others.
Why do we keep having these threads? They're completely retarded. The simple fact of the matter is that people like all manner of body types. Having said that, the vast majority of men could do with getting bigger and leaner. Finally and perhaps most obviously, you should be lifting/training because you like it, not because some woman says so. If you do that, what women want becomes pretty immaterial. The vast majority of people will never get shredded or huge enough where women will be put off...so why care? Just do your thing, keep your head down and make progress to where you want to be, not some bizarro-world where the population of a student forum tell you what to like.
Reply 224
No they wouldn't. Your scientific theories all have conflicting theories out there too. No it doesn't, people have different things that they hold in high stead. I don't hold being athletic above all other things, it's neutral. I'm very confident with myself, so it doesn't say anything about that, also I wouldn't say a guy is "lower" just because he's chubby. Wtf? :s-smilie:
Original post by .Ali.
Actually no, as I tend to go for extremely confident guys. I'm not insecure at all, I'm not out of shape and I have a pretty good figure. I just don't see lumpy, hard gross skin as a good thing.

Umhum, well seeing that most confident guys are in shape, I think yet again you are confused about what is actually going on in the real world.
Evolution and every biologist would agree that girls like strong men for a number of reasons, thus to not like them would be deemed a fetish as it goes against everything natural and correct....ergo you have a fetish and are broken in the head, but then we all know this from the number of posts you have done in such a short amount of time.
Reply 226
I'm not making it up, there have been studies suggetsing slightly overweight people live longer, and thus are healthier, making them more attractive etc. I'm not on about the morbidly obese here or anything. I don't have low standards, as I said, everyone has a different view on what constitutes of high and low standards. I'm actually very picky lol.
(edited 13 years ago)
depends on the guy....like it just doesnt suit some guys :P plus, its kinda like..well guys dont go walking around shirtless, so i suppose, if it was based on appearance, girls would go for the hottest guy by looking at his face....
Reply 228
Umhum, well seeing that most confident guys are in shape, I think yet again you are confused about what is actually going on in the real world.
Evolution and every biologist would agree that girls like strong men for a number of reasons, thus to not like them would be deemed a fetish as it goes against everything natural and correct....ergo you have a fetish and are broken in the head, but then we all know this from the number of posts you have done in such a short amount of time.

Not really, I know plenty of confident guys who all have different body types. You don't have to be hugely muscular to be strong, also having fetishes doesn't make somebody broken lmfao. Lol I post on here while studying, there are plenty with more posts than I have, that's not really relevant. You're the one who sits there telling people what they find attractive, despite they themselves disagreeing...it's a bit sad.
You guys are fighting a losing battle. There are exceptions to nearly any kind of 'ideal' be it the 0.7 waist-hip ratio or whatever. That's the nature of these 'laws' of social science: they're general rules of thumb, not scientific physical laws. .Ali. is an exception to the rule you're trying to impose arbitrarily. Seriously guys, you're trying to smash a square nail into a circular hole.

This does nothing to refute the mounds of empirical evidence that getting bigger and stronger will be good for your standing with women in all probability.
Reply 230
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.c7aaeb7940626693fa418a1eab2291f6.81 That's the one saying they live longer, linking it to increased health. Are you so thick you cannot accept that people don't see physical shape as the only thing of any worth? Standards aren't solely based on physical shape. I'm actually extremely choosy, as I've said, standards to me aren't based solely on physical shape. I'm not insecure, I'm just stating a point. You can't generalise everyone, and even if there is a majority rule, there will always be exceptions. It's everything to do with what I like, I've even stated the reasons I don't like huge muscles.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 231
Original post by BillySharp92
Trawling through these threads it would appear that the ideal guy is either:

a) Skinny

b) With a bit of podge

Yet no females actually seem to go for the 'muscular look' anymore. I can see how "Bodybuilding size" could be very off putting, but aren't girls programmed to go for the tall, broad, muscly types ahead of either scrawny or very average body types?

Obviously, guys so obsessed with their physique are likely to be off putting for their lifestyle choice, but I don't really understand why girls on TSR seem to be so put off by six packs, pecs and biceps which all equate to a protective and healthy human.

Anyone with a love for muscles left on here?

A total shot in the dark here but maybe people can think beyond instinct?
Original post by The Blind Monk
Why do we keep having these threads? They're completely retarded. The simple fact of the matter is that people like all manner of body types. Having said that, the vast majority of men could do with getting bigger and leaner. Finally and perhaps most obviously, you should be lifting/training because you like it, not because some woman says so. If you do that, what women want becomes pretty immaterial. The vast majority of people will never get shredded or huge enough where women will be put off...so why care? Just do your thing, keep your head down and make progress to where you want to be, not some bizarro-world where the population of a student forum tell you what to like.

QFT
Original post by .Ali.
Not really, I know plenty of confident guys who all have different body types. You don't have to be hugely muscular to be strong, also having fetishes doesn't make somebody broken lmfao. Lol I post on here while studying, there are plenty with more posts than I have, that's not really relevant. You're the one who sits there telling people what they find attractive, despite they themselves disagreeing...it's a bit sad.

A confident fat person? Yeah right - I also saw an alien once...:rolleyes:
No one said hugely muscular - stop getting confused between ripped, toned, and steroid boys. Maybe if you went out more you would see these people.
Reply 234
A confident fat person? Yeah right - I also saw an alien once...:rolleyes:
No one said hugely muscular - stop getting confused between ripped, toned, and steroid boys. Maybe if you went out more you would see these people.

Maybe if you went out more, you'd stop giving a damn what others do and get on with your own life. If girls don't like muscular guys, or some guys like chubby girls, why do you care? It's pathetic.
Reply 235
Oh that is exactly what you implied. No I haven't, as standards aren't based on someone's weight. Why do you insist on shoving your opinions down everyone elses throats? You're such a control freak, and it's hilarious.
Guys need to chill in this thread, attacking girls who don't like muscle just shows you've been going to the gym desperately to attract woman and now your being undermined by the fact that even if you train for years you wont be attractive to everyone. Man the **** up.
It's safe to say that most girls like a bit of muscle on guys - how much however, is dependant upon personal preferance.

I'm quite big and stocky - I weigh in at 17 stones with a good amount of muscle and it seems to attract some girls - and repel others.

All girls have different tastes, just like all guys do.
Reply 238
Original post by lastmanstanding
It's safe to say that most girls like a bit of muscle on guys - how much however, is dependant upon personal preferance.

I'm quite big and stocky - I weigh in at 17 stones with a good amount of muscle and it seems to attract some girls - and repel others.

All girls have different tastes, just like all guys do.

Finally, some wise words.
Original post by Chris12002
Guys need to chill in this thread, attacking girls who don't like muscle just shows you've been going to the gym desperately to attract woman and now your being undermined by the fact that even if you train for years you wont be attractive to everyone. Man the **** up.

Well, nothing wrong in wanting a better appearance, muscle is better to look at than flab but there is a flaw in this, they are doing it to be some stuck-up poster boy for girls to oggle.

I go to the gym, I barely touch the poser workouts and instead focus on ways to improve my strength and coincidently I get those muscles too but at least mine are usable...unlike the posers. :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending