The Student Room Group

The North-West, living there

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peachz
I'd count Sheffield as the midlands although I suppose it does have the kind of working class vibe that the North West has. I live in Blackpool, a good 10 minute drive from the town centre, we don't get any of the drunks etc, that the town centre/attractions bring. I think its a nice place to live, there is little gang related crime etc, saying that though I do live in one of the more 'middle' class areas. The only thing that is missing is that there isn't much going on but with Liverpool/Manchester not too far away and there is Preston not too far as well, thats not too big of a concern.

How many many hands does it take to count the amount of times you've been stabbed by a drug-addled mugger, two or three?
Original post by RabbitCFH
I love the North West. Much better than London for me.

Snigger. :teehee:

Original post by The_Male_Melons
I agree with you on Chester. It will be upstaged...

Preston Tithebarn

I had a quick browse at this 'Preston Tithebarn Scheme', tbh it just looks like a copycat version of Liverpool One. In classic Preston style, I bet it won't be as successful. Also, what kind of name is 'Tithebarn' - what were they thinking?!
Original post by Addzter
Good universities, good music, good cities, good sport, good women; what more do you want?

Sunshine :wink:

In Kent, the average sunshine hours are something like 1750 - a lot more than the national average (1339) and substantially more than most places north of Birmingham.
Original post by lovely_me

I had a quick browse at this 'Preston Tithebarn Scheme', tbh it just looks like a copycat version of Liverpool One. In classic Preston style, I bet it won't be as successful. Also, what kind of name is 'Tithebarn' - what were they thinking?!

I am not sure about what they were thinking. It will be successful, cos the same people who did liverpool 1 are doing the tithebarn. It is near the motorway as well. Also, it has got planning permission. Agreed, It is a copycat version of Liverpool One.

:hmmm:
I am going to try it...

Tesco is exotic...lol. Tesco is better. Hate Morrrison- everything is so pricey. Asda tends to be chavviest- it is up the road from tesco (only 5-6 minutes away).

The Co-op is great. It is between Tesco and Mark's and Spencers. It not so chavvy but it is not so classy. Just between.

Hollyoaks-Still counts...

I think Tesco's fairly pricey tbh, definitely more pricey than ASDA. I guess if you were one of those housewife types that collect all of the Clubcard points then it could work out cheaper, but meh.

I agree that ASDA is generally more chavvy, but in my town it definitely seems to be the Morrisons. Which is weird, because they hire security guards there and they don't in ASDA. It's probably because there's a Maccy D's nearby. :/
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
Sunshine :wink:

In Kent, the average sunshine hours are something like 1750 - a lot more than the national average (1339) and substantially more than most places north of Birmingham.

Ahh, so all those perma-tanned chavettes that waddle around that part of the world are actually sporting natural tans? I always thought they used sunbeds...

Srsly though, it's not exactly frickin' Barbados, is it? :teehee:
Original post by Addzter
Ahh, so all those perma-tanned chavettes that waddle around that part of the world are actually sporting natural tans? I always thought they used sunbeds...

:ahee: true

But 400-750 hours of sunshine difference definitely makes it a bit less grim down south.

PS: we hate perma-tanned chavettes, too. Perhaps more than you fine Northern chaps.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Addzter
I think Tesco's fairly pricey tbh, definitely more pricey than ASDA. I guess if you were one of those housewife types that collect all of the Clubcard points then it could work out cheaper, but meh.

I agree that ASDA is generally more chavvy, but in my town it definitely seems to be the Morrisons. Which is weird, because they hire security guards there and they don't in ASDA. It's probably because there's a Maccy D's nearby. :/

Tesco has more choice...the food taste better.

Strange you mention mcdonalds, tesco is near it yet asda has no mcdonalds and attracts more chavs.
Reply 49
Original post by Addzter
How many many hands does it take to count the amount of times you've been stabbed by a drug-addled mugger, two or three?

Oi, less of that! Blackpool aint that bad, the actual people who live here are alright, but its them cheap as **** tourists who come here which bring the place down. The residential areas are alright!
Original post by Addzter

Why is a stereotypical looking ancient Egyptian standing next to that man
:ahee: true

But 400-750 hours of sunshine difference definitely makes it a bit less grim down south.

PS: we hate perma-tanned chavettes, too. Perhaps more than you fine Northern chaps.

You might have sunnier weather, but us Northerners have sunshine in our hearts. Unlike you dead-inside, stuck-up, pretentious, Southern tossers. :pierre:

Although at least we share a mutual disdain of lady chavs. :smile:
Original post by Addzter

Also, I have some experience re: Tesco Vs. Asda Vs. Morrisons. Tescos is actually cheaper than Asda for me when I'm buying exactly the same things, which I found really surprising. I think Morrisons is the preserve of students (WAHEY :colondollar:) and those who are actually on a very tight budget (actual chavs included) and Asda is the preserve of lower-middle class pseudo-chavs.

I was very shocked to walk into a Morrisons in Leicester and see security guards. Debenhams, John Lewis - sure - but Morrisons? Who wants to nick anything from Morrisons!? :lolwut:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Peachz
Oi, less of that! Blackpool aint that bad, the actual people who live here are alright, but its them cheap as **** tourists who come here which bring the place down. The residential areas are alright!

Mayor of Blackpool:

Same, I never noticed but I was a kid. lol
Same, TC is amazing, but arndale - scallies. On the plus side, the Arndale has bigger stores...
Still go to trafford centre.
I live Liverpool One, cos it is different.

When it comes down to shopping, it is just tc all the way.

Eh?
TC has way more 'scallies' than the arndale.
I think the TC lost it's appeal to everyone when the arcade did :p:
It just doesn't have the buzz of the centre..
Original post by RabbitCFH
:hmmm:

On second thoughts, I won't piss you off for fear of an angry Lancastrain with a grudge against me. I'll probably get knifed or summat behind the Job Centre Plus knowing you lot. :angry:
On second thoughts, I won't piss you off for fear of an angry Lancastrain with a grudge against me. I'll probably get knifed or summat behind the Job Centre Plus knowing you lot. :angry:

Bitch, please. :colonhash:

That's actually true.
Tesco has more choice...the food taste better.

Strange you mention mcdonalds, tesco is near it yet asda has no mcdonalds and attracts more chavs.

Pfft, whatever. ASDA will always have a special place in my heard. Tesco can go suck a chode tbh.

Also, I have some experience re: Tesco Vs. Asda Vs. Morrisons. Tescos is actually cheaper than Asda for me when I'm buying exactly the same things, which I found really surprising. I think Morrisons is the preserve of students (WAHEY :colondollar:) and those who are actually on a very tight budget (actual chavs included) and Asda is the preserve of lower-middle class pseudo-chavs.

I was very shocked to walk into a Morrisons in Leicester and see security guards. Debenhams, John Lewis - sure - but Morrisons? Who wants to nick anything from Morrisons!? :lolwut:

Whoa, what's with all this ASDA hate? In my town, ASDA is the main haunt of the local intellectuals. We gather on the whiskey aisle and discuss whether Katy Perry or Shakira is fitter.

And I do agree, Morrisons employing security guards is weird. They also tend to be fat and distinctly un-intimidating. I swear one of the ones that works at my local branch is Peter Kay's brother.
Reply 58
Original post by Addzter
Mayor of Blackpool:

You can say this about any place in the UK...
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Why is a stereotypical looking ancient Egyptian standing next to that man

No, no, that's a Kentish female in her natural habitat, partaking in a mating ritual with a Kentish male. It's a phenomenon not often caught on camera.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending