The Student Room Group

A level combination/ best enrichment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by im so academic
If I were in that position, I would do:

Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Modern History + Latin + Law further reading.

But what you should do depends on your strengths and whether you can manage the workload and get the top grades as well.

what does law further reading involve? is it a course/programme you complete in college or just read around the subject?
Original post by Lawlet

Original post by Lawlet
what does law further reading involve? is it a course/programme you complete in college or just read around the subject?

Yeah, reading about the subject, so any areas of Law that you find interesting.
Reply 22
Thanks
Reply 23
Ever thought about the IB? It's perfect for Law as it mixes a variety of skills and it obviously sounds like you could handle the work load :smile:
Reply 24
wouldnt u rather b better off doing sports or music as enrichment, i mean it demonstrates social life and various skills as ur gonna be doing a hell loads work....
Reply 25
Original post by Oasis Jnr
wouldnt u rather b better off doing sports or music as enrichment, i mean it demonstrates social life and various skills as ur gonna be doing a hell loads work....

i play both basketball/badminton (not as high as basketball) to a pretty good standard, so i'll join the college team for at least one of the sport; also i tried to learn the piano three years ago and i just wasn't interested.
Reply 26
Original post by placebo24
Ever thought about the IB? It's perfect for Law as it mixes a variety of skills and it obviously sounds like you could handle the work load :smile:

I researched the IB, i found out; firstly you need to do twice as much as a level to get the enough amount of credit, secondly i think is only usually if you want to study aboard e.g America, whilst A-level is the better option if you want to stay in the UK, of course correct me if am wrong.
Reply 27
Original post by Lawlet
I researched the IB, i found out; firstly you need to do twice as much as a level to get the enough amount of credit, secondly i think is only usually if you want to study aboard e.g America, whilst A-level is the better option if you want to stay in the UK, of course correct me if am wrong.

Nah, I remember reading about some Cambridge professor talking about how they'd pick an IB student over an a level student if they were equal. I know A levels are better for more specific subjects like science...

And 6 a levels IS twice the workload, so no difference really.
Reply 28
Original post by placebo24
Nah, I remember reading about some Cambridge professor talking about how they'd pick an IB student over an a level student if they were equal. I know A levels are better for more specific subjects like science...

And 6 a levels IS twice the workload, so no difference really.

the problem is the second modern foregin language, since the college doesn't offer japanese. Though i think i will do well in the other area.
Reply 29
Bump... anymore advice?

Quick Reply

Latest