The Student Room Group

Why are you studying?

Scroll to see replies

French and Italian, because it's all I'm good at. Well, barely able.
Reply 21
early childhood studies - because i know i want to work with children and didn't want to end up in a nursery, and didn't want to become a teacher - although i am thinking about going down the teaching route now! love love love the course, it's more broad than a teaching degree and doesn't limit your options to just teaching.
History and social policy - because I love them. I was basically made to do law last year, which I enjoyed, but I didn't really WANT to do at that point. I'm doing what I'm actually interested in for now, and then I'll work out what I want to do with my life when I really grow up... Although teaching or even going back to do a law masters is looking fairly good right now.
Networking as I enjoy it, and love the Cisco course. Im going to continue it in university if I can get in(hopefully)
Reply 24
Linguistics :h:
Reply 25
Neuroscience@UCL

Why i chose this as a degree path? A subject in its infancy, and its a powerful subject to grasp, imagine being able to increase someones intelligence by 100%. Think of the possibilities.
Reply 26
Original post by logic123
Neuroscience@UCL

Why i chose this as a degree path? A subject in its infancy, and its a powerful subject to grasp, imagine being able to increase someones intelligence by 100%. Think of the possibilities.

Hey, you can use me as a guinea pig if you want. I need more brain matter :yep"
Reply 27
medical science because i want to join the rest of the wannabe doctors and hopefully get in :frown:
Biology with Psychology

Biology because I love it. I find it fascinating and read up on it for hours and not feel like I am actually working. I love all aspects of life and enjoy learning about how everything works.
Psychology, it is interesting and I like all the research methods and experimental designs we get to do.

I think its worth it because I enjoy it :smile:
Medicine - because being half a mile behind on lectures has to be sorted out at some point or another. Might as well be this point.
Reply 30
Multimedia Technology and Design. I do it because after realising Graphic Design (which sounds more fun) was not what I wanted to do, and that I wanted to be a web designer or something similar, and this course will teach me the base of all the skills I'd need.

Actually, recently I've started being interested in things like web marketing and internet culture so would like to go into something like that. I have an interview for a web marketing company internship so if that goes well... :thumbsup:
Mechanical Engineering

Because I hate myself
Law, Politics and Accounting at A Level and have offers 4 Business Management 4 Uni 2011. Im studying because i think its the only real enjoyable thing in life. The satisfaction when learning new things and applying them and learning more about the way things work and writing a good essay etc is unmissable. I could skip out the studying, go straight into work, start off as a cashier or admin clerk and work my way up into management but i want 2 take 3 years off 2 study and broaden my knowledge before going into the real world where u dont get 2 spend ur days doing the stuff u enjoy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending