The Student Room Group

Guys: You like this girl...

but you haven't asked her out yet.

What kind of stuff do you consider before asking her out?

Theres a guy i like, we've been flirting a lot. The other day, i found out from a friend

he likes me and he wants to know if the feeling is mutual.

(Apparently he is a little shy)

We texted lots (but most of the time i have had to initiate the texts).. I've hinted I like him back.

What would make you go from "liking" to really "wanting" her?

I just want him to text first and show me he likes me!

Any help appreciated :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Your post confuses me, you like a girl or a guy?

Either way, I think you're over analyzing. Life's too short, just get on in there.
Just flutter your eyelids at him and he'll get the message and ask you out.
Reply 3
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
Your post confuses me, you like a girl or a guy?

Either way, I think you're over analyzing. Life's too short, just get on in there.

I'm a girl who likes a guy haha

Don't guys find it a bit of a turn off when a girl initiates things?

It seems desperate.
Original post by xBxx

It seems desperate.

No. I prefer it. More work for you, less work for me.

Only idiots say the opposite.
Original post by Arcanine
Argh, just pull his kecks down and suck on his member will you.

I wonder how long it will take until you get banned. You piss pretty much everyone off on this forum, not to mention you're the most pityful member, I mean look at your avatar for gods sake.
Reply 6
I wonder how long it will take until you get banned. You piss pretty much everyone off on this forum, not to mention you're the most pityful member, I mean look at your avatar for gods sake.

Well, my rep > your rep. Clearly some people enjoy my posts. Pwnt.
Original post by xBxx

Wtf, no!! I wish girls would get this whole desperate thing out of their head :frown:
Original post by xBxx

It seems desperate.

nah, huge turn on for me

I'm glad that rep means so much to you. It doesn't to me. Go play with pokemon kthx.
Original post by soutioirsim
Wtf, no!! I wish girls would get this whole desperate thing out of their head :frown:

yeah, its so hot if a girl starts things off, especially if its someone you didnt think was into you
Reply 11

Na, you're a cvnt mate.
Reply 12
Original post by Carpediemxx
nah, huge turn on for me

What would stop you asking the girl you like?
Original post by xBxx
What would stop you asking the girl you like?

that question wouldnt apply to me if i was the person in your situation because i have more confidence....which is the key for him, youve alreayd said he is shy, so finds it a bit hard to muster the courage to ask you out properly

If your a bit more forthcoming, like find time alone so he can approach you away from freinds, look at him a lot, for longer than usual, and initiate conversations with him also...there are lots of nice ways you can start things off when you are shy and so is he
Reply 14
Original post by xBxx

It seems desperate.

Personally, I don't mind girls not initiating things, but they must respond! Even if you hold back on actually making the first move, you absolutely must make it easy for him to do it. It sounds like things are progressing fine if you've found out that he likes you, so I think all you have to do is keep giving the right signals. Flirt. Find excuses to be close to him. Touch him a lot and stuff. Look into his eyes etc. etc.

If this doesn't work, you could speed things along without making the first move by just asking him directly how he feels about you! Beware though, it might catch him off-guard, so make sure it's the right time and that he'd feel comfortable being honest.

EDIT: What generally stops someone making the first move when they want to is the fear that by doing that, the fun that's happened up until that point might be ruined, so people generally want some sign that it'd be OK to turn up the heat a bit....
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
Ok thank you. I may ask if we could hang out one time?

why do i have to text him first though? It makes me feel like

im annoying and he doesn't care?

that question wouldnt apply to me if i was the person in your situation because i have more confidence....which is the key for him, youve alreayd said he is shy, so finds it a bit hard to muster the courage to ask you out properly

If your a bit more forthcoming, like find time alone so he can approach you away from freinds, look at him a lot, for longer than usual, and initiate conversations with him also...there are lots of nice ways you can start things off when you are shy and so is he
Reply 16
I'm glad that rep means so much to you. It doesn't to me. Go play with pokemon kthx.

Pokemon > Topcat.
Reply 17
If he's shy, then I'm afraid he's probably unlikely to initiate the "asking out" stage even though he wants to ask you out. I see nothing wrong with the girl being the one who initiates this stage, but if you feel strongly that you want to follow tradition then you could be really blatant with your feelings and open the door massively for him to ask you out. That way, he'd feel like he was doing the masculine thing and making the first move even though you'd nutmegged two central defenders and expertly passed the ball to the goal hanger.
yeah, its so hot if a girl starts things off, especially if its someone you didnt think was into you

What if the girl wasn't hot physically?
Reply 19
The thing is i never seem to get him by himself. And lately, he's been awkward (face- face.)with me which i don't get. But he is his usual self when on fb or by text.

What ways can i show that i like him without saying it?

Thanks for the reply!

Original post by Morbo
Personally, I don't mind girls not initiating things, but they must respond! Even if you hold back on actually making the first move, you absolutely must make it easy for him to do it. It sounds like things are progressing fine if you've found out that he likes you, so I think all you have to do is keep giving the right signals. Flirt. Find excuses to be close to him. Touch him a lot and stuff. Look into his eyes etc. etc.

If this doesn't work, you could speed things along without making the first move by just asking him directly how he feels about you! Beware though, it might catch him off-guard, so make sure it's the right time and that he'd feel comfortable being honest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending