The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

To apply or not? Im a mature student and dont quite have the grades

Im predicted AAB and want to do Buisness with Environmental Studies but dont have the GCSE grade in maths required for the Business. I have a C not a B. Do you think they may consider me as Im a mature student (24) or theres no point? Left it too late to speak to admissions stupid me! I know theyre v competitive :s-smilie:
Thanks Id love a relpy!!!!
Ally
Reply 1
Original post by flowerpower99
Im predicted AAB and want to do Buisness with Environmental Studies but dont have the GCSE grade in maths required for the Business. I have a C not a B. Do you think they may consider me as Im a mature student (24) or theres no point? Left it too late to speak to admissions stupid me! I know theyre v competitive :s-smilie:
Thanks Id love a relpy!!!!
Ally

hey it's worth giving it a shot I don't have the required gcses for my course and have started as a mature student they appear to be a bit more lax with mature students than with others
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
thanks for your reply!!
Reply 3
No harm in applying...what I would say though is to really emphasise and big up any relevant work experience in your personal statement to mitigate any concerns they might have about you not meeting the entry requirements.

I only decided to apply for my course a week before the deadline last year and figured that the worst that could happen would be to lose my UCAS fee!
Reply 4
Yeah in general unis are less interested in grade requirements for mature apps.
If you think your maths is ropey you could get a gcse book and work through it.
Reply 5
Original post by flowerpower99
thanks for your reply!!

no worries Exeter to be really supportive of mature students (at least judging by my experience) and other students have been really great (im 23 btw) I really like it here
Reply 6
thanks guys, I got the feeling they were more interested in mature students than most other unis, im 23 too sam, ill give it a shot! :smile:
Reply 7
Hi, I am a First Year Mature Student. I am currently the Social Secretary for Exeter Mature Students Association. If you would like to talk to a current mature student about their experience please do get in touch. I can also put you in touch with the current Mature Student Reps if you would like to contact them. If any of you are coming to an Open day please let me know and I can arrange for you to meet myself or one of the Mature Student Reps. We are also on Facebook if you want to look us up, a group called Exeter Mature Students Association.

Quick Reply

Latest