The Student Room Group

My new girlfriend's dad thinks I'm a dick

Scroll to see replies

Original post by munn
Your partner's in-laws so... your family?

Woops. Meant my partners parents, thanks for picking me up on that.
Reply 41
Original post by BeautifullyTragic
Are they against lesbians? Or has your girlfriend had previous girlfriends?
Just continue to be nice, sounds like you're doing the right thing :smile:

You don't understand something.

THERE IS NO DADDY THAT WON'T LOVE THE FACT THAT HIS GIRL IS GAY :smile:
Reply 42
Cracked had a perfectly reasonable explanation for this:

http://www.cracked.com/article_18893_6-scientific-reasons-your-girlfriends-father-hates-you.html

NOW YOU JUST GO OUT THERE AND KICK HIS THREATENED ASS!
Reply 43

But you're a girl? :lolwut:

He won't think you're a dick.

He'll think you're a bitch.
Original post by Drumzilla
it's coz u is a lezzer innit *brap* (is brap an action or a word idk :confused: )

no but seriously how much older than her are you?, the last part sounds kinda weird.

Rougly 18 months, so it's not like I'm borderline statutory rape or anything, she's 19 :p:
Reply 45
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
Rougly 18 months, so it's not like I'm borderline statutory rape or anything, she's 19 :p:

oh well than it probably is because your gay, it doubt it was exactly how he wishes his little girl turned out, and you are a reminder of that.

sucks for you :frown:
Reply 46
Your girlfriend's dad was probably looking forward to the whole "intimidating my daughter's boyfriends when she brings them home" while she was growing up, and doesn't want to give it up entirely just because his daughter's a lesbian. It's just a dad thing.
Reply 47
Original post by KayK
Are you having a laugh?

Yeah I'm sure he is over the moon her daughter is going out with a spare rib ticlkler.
Original post by Hamesh
Tauba tauba, maafi mang kuriya

Sorry?
Reply 49
Because you can't give him grandchildren........
Original post by cybergrad
Because you can't give him grandchildren........

No, because I'm not his daughter :p: there are other ways, if she decides she wants a baby later on xD
Reply 51
Forget all these amazing insights and theories, just go around to his house, ask him what his problem is and if he becomes irate with you, i think it's only fair that you give him an hadouken straight to the jaw.
Reply 52
find a different person.
if you get along with your bf gf 's family,
you ll have so much fun.
that's the whole point of dating someone.
See above, although I'm not sure why it's relevant xD

That sounds completely relevant. Maybe he can't come to terms with his daughter being a lesbian and somehow resents you for 'encouraging' it? That sounds perfectly plausible to me, likely even.

(I should say that someone has probably already mentioned this, but I'm tired and cba to read the whole thread).
Reply 54
I'm a girl :smile:

Then why did you say 'dick'

Guys are 'dicks'

Girls are 'bitches'
Reply 55
Sorry?

It means

Shame, Shame, seek repentance girl
(not sure what mang means)

Ignore it though, lesbians are hawt (edit) unless theyre butch
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Naffy
Then why did you say 'dick'

Guys are 'dicks'

Girls are 'bitches'

I said dick because that's what he told his daughter I am.
Reply 57
Original post by mau5
He might not be a fan of sin?

:facepalm:

OP, I wouldn't worry about it. My first boyfried's mum absolutely hated me, because she was a bit of a Hyacinth Bucket type and I lived in the wrong area. It ever caused any problems, the rest of his family were perfectly nice, and he didn't care what she thought. So either he'll get over it, or it won't matter.
Reply 58
As the title says really.

I met the parents of my new girlfriend the other night, I was perfectly polite, chatty, ate the dinner they gave me, helped them out with bringing their Christmas presents downstairs, took their daughter out and made sure she was back (in a car) well in advance of the time they specified for her to be home.

Still though, he thinks I'm a dick.

What can I do? I thought that I could be persistent and show him that I'm not a dick and I have no intention of hurting his daughter, but that sounds boring. Anyone got any more interesting suggestions on how to deal with this? The funnier the better.. I just need some cheering up I think, come on TSR! :biggrin:

Maybe he hasn't come round to the fact that his daughter is actually a lesbian yet? I doubt it's personal...
Reply 59
Does it really matter. Maybe he doesn't like the fact that you weigh 22 stone.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending